eSports in Sim Racing to take off

And Lando, Stoffel and Real Madrid keeper Thibaut Courtois all took part.

Original story here.

This is the video I think.

We already saw Studio397 take advantage on Sunday with The Race, 53,000 people were watching on YouTube at one point due to the F1 cancellation.

There's more to come from them and the rest of the sim Devs as they simply need to take advantage of this terrible real world situation, it sounds wrong to say that in a way bit needs must...this is a chance for sim Racing to shine.

Here's one such thing in the pipeline, the Aussie/NZed Supercars are sorting out summer eSports effects for their drivers after the opening (Melbourne) and subsequent 3 round have been cancelled. No idea on the Sim or "game" of their choice as yet, but whatever they choose I'll for one will watch it.

Time to really get eSports on the map, boost the income for Devs, we win with more licensed content!

There are a few really interesting eSports events popping up and they're easy to miss so I thought I'd create a thread where people who spot stuff can post.

This weekend, the weekend of the Bahrain GP we have so far the official F1 event, using their game.

Initial details here

Race will be on the F1 Youttube channel from 8pm UK time on Sunday.

There was an unofficial Australian Grand Prix which can be viewed here.

Then there's the rFactor2 events by TheRace.

They already held one, featuring a pretty impressive driver lineup incluing Max Verstappen, Max Gunther, Felix Rosenquist, Daniel Juncadella and many more.

The first race featured commentary from Jack Nicholls and Jolyon Palmer.

Their event starts at 5pm UK time on Saturday

Kunos doing an ACC event az Monza with real life drivers, pro gamers and 5spots for quick chaps open for public qualifying:

I just got an email from IMSA. iRacing is putting on virtual sebring 90 min race with professional drivers from the IMSA endurance series this Saturday! 2:30 ET.

Why doesn't RD cover the various simracing events running right now? Some big headlines:

"Formula 1 launches Virtual Grand Prix Series to replace postponed races"

"Team Redline is starting an iracing series on monday, Verstappen and other racing drivers are in"

"Super Sim Saturday" will see three virtual races in quick succession -- the Nuerburgring Endurance Series, IMSA Super Sebring and THE RACE All-Stars Esports Battle."

"Veloce Esports is also running a 'Not the Bah GP' at 18:00 GMT (8pm SA time) on Sunday after an initial 'Not the Aus GP' with McLaren F1 driver Lando Norris last weekend."

Unless I'm blind I can't seem to find coverage of this, probably the best opportunity in years for simracing and RD to introduce new fans right now...

Why doesn't RD cover the various simracing events running right now? Some big headlines:

"Formula 1 launches Virtual Grand Prix Series to replace postponed races"

"Team Redline is starting an iracing series on monday, Verstappen and other racing drivers are in"

"Super Sim Saturday" will see three virtual races in quick succession -- the Nuerburgring Endurance Series, IMSA Super Sebring and THE RACE All-Stars Esports Battle."

"Veloce Esports is also running a 'Not the Bah GP' at 18:00 GMT (8pm SA time) on Sunday after an initial 'Not the Aus GP' with McLaren F1 driver Lando Norris last weekend."

Unless I'm blind I can't seem to find coverage of this, probably the best opportunity in years for simracing and RD to introduce new fans right now...

It's a good question. Maybe take a look at their 'simracing gp' posts and draw your own conclusion.

I started a thread here to keep track. There's a very interesting looking event involving Max Verstappen and many others on rFactor2 about to start I think.

Now!!!

RACERS CONFIRMED: (updated 20th March) Max Verstappen Neel Jani Nico Hulkenberg Nicki Thiim Ed Jones Antonio Felix Da Costa Juan Pablo Montoya Sebas Montoya Philip Eng Charlie Eastwood Maximilian Günther Harry Tincknell Johnny Adam Ross Gunn Nelson Piquet Jnr Dani Juncadella Jann Mardenborough Nick Cassidy Wolfgang Reip Rudy Van Buren James Baldwin Jimmy Broadbent Steve Alvarez Brown Dries Vanthoor Abbie Eaton James Davison Callum Ilot Felix Rosenqvist Tony Kanaan Paul O'Neil Devlin De Francesco Lachlan De Francesco Tom Dillmann Bradley Smith Adam Christodoulou Juan Manuel Correra Sim racers confirmed: Aurélien Mallet Bono Huis Brendon Leigh Erhan Jajovski Jernej Simoncic Kamil Pawłowski Kevin Siggy Lucas Blakely Mitchell de Jong Sebastian Job

In these depressing times it could be fun if they made a senior legends series with as example:
Mansell, Prost, Andretti, Stewart, Moss, Barrichello, Massa, Alonso, Häkkinen and some more my old brain cant remember??

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Oh and I just remembered Prosts enemy and former teammate Rene Arnoux. But OK Prost will probably not participate if Rene is allowed to grid :roflmao:

I really don't understand why RD is so reluctant to spread the word about the huge buzz going on in the esports/simracing scene in the last couple of days. The events are getting better and better, the last round on Indy was epic, so was the VLN-replacement on iRacing a bit earlier, or the F1 havoc with Lando last week. We have the perfect hobby for these challenging times :)

I really don't understand why RD is so reluctant to spread the word about the huge buzz going on in the esports/simracing scene in the last couple of days. The events are getting better and better, the last round on Indy was epic, so was the VLN-replacement on iRacing a bit earlier, or the F1 havoc with Lando last week. We have the perfect hobby for these challenging times :)
Competition to their own simracing.gp service?

iracing have just finished their IMSA Sebring event, triple win by BMW factory drivers / players, Bruno Spengler at top:

and here#s the race, it's freaking brilliant to witness these chaps playing on the same track one has done this week in the iRacing Michelin Pilot Challenge. Amazing stuff!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 168 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing