Esotic's Just for Chat

Apps Esotic's Just for Chat V1.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
Though encountering another issue, when I click a message, it puts the message on the chat window/cursor, but doesn't send it (ie. like 'Enter' is not pressed). What could be causing this? I remember this worked initially. Thanks!

Are you testing offline? That's what it does when there's no server to send the messages to. It could also be having some issues communicating to the server, but that should be an intermittent problem and not something that happens every time you click a Bang button.

Are you testing offline? That's what it does when there's no server to send the messages to. It could also be having some issues communicating to the server, but that should be an intermittent problem and not something that happens every time you click a Bang button.
I see. Yes, was testing offline. Didn't want sending 'Dang...' messages online while testing :)
While at it, is there a way to hide the last 3 admin messages (ie. /Restart session, /next session) for non-admin users)? Thanks.

I see. Yes, was testing offline. Didn't want sending 'Dang...' messages online while testing :)
While at it, is there a way to hide the last 3 admin messages (ie. /Restart session, /next session) for non-admin users)? Thanks.
Set the admin password to an empty string (nothing).

Esotic, there seems to be a weird problem where the game won't load if you use the JfC.ini file that comes with the app and just change a small thing. Like removing the samplepassword or changing one of the messages. Then the game refuses to load online. I have tried different things but haven't found the cause yet.

I tried in non VR mode and the game loaded up and everything worked. I tried changing more messages and changing rows, still worked. I changed back to VR mode and it still works. I have no idea what was wrong. Could the app somehow have been out of bounds making the game crash and it fixed itself by going to flatscreen mode? If so, is there a way to force position of the app on the first run to make sure it works?

It was working fine for me, and Mr Chip asked me if he needed to do something special to make it work because it crashed his game every time he tried it, so I downloaded the app fresh and just removed password and it would crash for me. Put password back and changed a message and it would crash again. Went back to my old ini and it worked fine. Now it works no matter what I do. I dunno anymore :D

Esotic, there seems to be a weird problem where the game won't load if you use the JfC.ini file that comes with the app and just change a small thing. Like removing the samplepassword or changing one of the messages. Then the game refuses to load online. I have tried different things but haven't found the cause yet.

Just to confirm what Jonah has stated - it does exactly as he sad (I'm also VR user, however tried the changes initially in nonVR mode).

If I simply delete one character and save the new ini file the game crashes on loading.

Jonah very kindly sent me a different ini file, and I can now change messages fine - however, I cannot change the size or rows of the buttons - it always stays as 1 line.........

Funny, im using the previous version 1.8 and seems to be working fine. Have 2 rows though with my own messtages.

Now that I am (or technically we are?) adding complexity to the JfC there's a higher chance for bugs to creep in, as there are more variations for setting up the app through INI adjustments (I can't possibly test every potential variation). The V1.9 should have no real effect for anyone running more than 1 rows of Bang buttons. It's fully understandable to skip a version if it doesn't contain changes or fixes that apply to how you are using the app. :)

Don't get me wrong, it's the first version I have tried, and I am not complaining.

It's an excellent app and with the admin controls also, very helpful for me.

So thank you for producing it, I'm just a bit ocd because I'm running VR ;)

Don't get me wrong, it's the first version I have tried, and I am not complaining.

It's an excellent app and with the admin controls also, very helpful for me.

So thank you for producing it, I'm just a bit ocd because I'm running VR ;)

You're allowed to complain. :p

I don't have a proper VR HMD, but I will try testing with RiftCat/VRidge to see if I can replicate the crashing. If you have an INI that consistently causes the problem that would help me to track down what's wrong.

You're allowed to complain. :p

I don't have a proper VR HMD, but I will try testing with RiftCat/VRidge to see if I can replicate the crashing. If you have an INI that consistently causes the problem that would help me to track down what's wrong.

Its the original ini, provided in your download, that causes crashing if I change anything - (and I mean even deleting 1 character from the messages).

The ini that Jonah sent me works fine and I can change/write my own messages and it works no problem, but resizing and/or changing rows has no effect - it stays in one long line.

Obviously I have tried to make each one the same/with similar settings, but somehow these foibles still exist!

I will put up the ini Jonah sent tomorrow. Again many thanks for this :)

Its the original ini, provided in your download, that causes crashing if I change anything - (and I mean even deleting 1 character from the messages).
I was just testing VR (using RiftCat) with the INI in the V1.8 and V1.9 zips (they are the same) and I had no issues with AC crashing or the JfC and/or Bang! loading improperly. I did discover a bug where the Bang! fonts weren't scaling properly, but that was purely a cosmetic issue.

Right, well I've got it working perfectly for me now. The rowcount entry seems to have no effect, but if I manually state each buttons row, at the end of the message, it puts the button in that row :)

I'm happy and very thankful for this app and support and from Jonah ;)

Rowcount is a value for the chat window iirc, that has been there before the Bang got the rows added, so that are two different things.

I think rowcount is about how many messages are allowed in the chat window.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back