Esotic's Just for Chat

Apps Esotic's Just for Chat V1.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
The only reason apps get stuck in place (that I know of) is if you pinned it down using the thumbtack in the upper right corner.
Actually the Bang window doesn't even show the pin, weird.

I then happen to select Apps set 2 and noticed the Bang window was in a different location/coordinates. Where is this set too?

I then happen to select Apps set 2 and noticed the Bang window was in a different location/coordinates. Where is this set too?
If you mouse over the bang window does the pin reappear? The location of each app can be different for each app set, and it's something that you should be controlling.

Make sure you have edited the JfC.ini file to add the row numbers after each line or the Bang window will not show up.

Edit: Think I misunderstood your problem...

I look forward to hearing your bug report and feature enhancement requests.
Why would you assume there would be bugs? :) Still testing though, but I noticed that I have no control over where the admin buttons show. They will always appear on the last row I have a button on. I was trying to make it so the admin buttons would be by themselves on the last row. I also tried to add more messages just to see if it would work, but the app is hardcoded to 20 messages so any extra messages do not show up. Now that we have multirows, I think that limit could be increased? And one more request in line with the text fading out. More rows and more buttons means more clutter when trying to be immersed in VR. Would it be possible to make the Bang be invisible until the mouse is dragged over it to reveal the buttons? My bang window can be dragged around though, so I don't have that bug. I just added row numbers to my existing JfC.ini file. Also the ó in adiós is still there in your ini file. It doesn't work ingame though, since AC will not show the accent. Back to testing :)

Why would you assume there would be bugs? :) Still testing though, but I noticed that I have no control over where the admin buttons show. They will always appear on the last row I have a button on. I was trying to make it so the admin buttons would be by themselves on the last row. I also tried to add more messages just to see if it would work, but the app is hardcoded to 20 messages so any extra messages do not show up. Now that we have multirows, I think that limit could be increased? And one more request in line with the text fading out. More rows and more buttons means more clutter when trying to be immersed in VR. Would it be possible to make the Bang be invisible until the mouse is dragged over it to reveal the buttons? My bang window can be dragged around though, so I don't have that bug. I just added row numbers to my existing JfC.ini file. Also the ó in adiós is still there in your ini file. It doesn't work ingame though, since AC will not show the accent. Back to testing :)
Can you suggest reasonable maximums for rows and buttons? At this point I'm not sure how to detect a mouse-over, but the built in apps are doing it, so there must be a way.

I was wondering if splitting the app into 2 apps, one chat with filter and one Bang button app would be better to keep the size down and also if people only want to use one or the other part of the app? Could maybe shave a few cpu cycles if people only use one part?

Can you suggest reasonable maximums for rows and buttons? At this point I'm not sure how to detect a mouse-over, but the built in apps are doing it, so there must be a way.
5 rows seems appropiate but number of buttons I am not sure about. I could imagine someone using one row for pleasentries and having a lot of them, could use 20 messages per row, like we had up to 20 messages plus admin stuff in 1 row before. The builtin apps seems to use some trickery that I am not sure you can get access to through python.

In case it's not possible to detect mouse over, Bang could have 1 button which would reveal all the buttons when clicked and then would hide itself after being clicked again?

Thanks for adding the rows, now I can separate the chit chat buttons from the admin related ones. :)

I've maxed out the 20 messages too, but then there are few in there that I could easily remove/replace.
But I guess adding a few more wouldn't hurt with the new row feature.
Before I pretty much optimized every button to a good size to keep the width low and 20 was already pretty long, but now 25 or 30 shouldn't be an issue. :)

In case it's not possible to detect mouse over, Bang could have 1 button which would reveal all the buttons when clicked and then would hide itself after being clicked again?

But please only as an optional feature.
While racing I can look for the button I need and just click it once I'm able to use the mouse while driving. Having to open the buttons would distract me more.

I would probably leave the plus symbol and fade out the buttons and background.

This would be a separate option to fading out the chat window.

If you mouse over the bang window does the pin reappear? The location of each app can be different for each app set, and it's something that you should be controlling.
Yes, my chat box is right beside the Bang window. As I move the mouse over, the chat box reappears. The Bang window stays on permanently, and doesnt show a pin. Also, only way i can make the Bang window disappear is by unclicking JcBang from the App side bar. So its weird in my case, as its supposed to show the pin. Is it related to the pin parameter in .ini file? Need me to attach my .ini file (not in my PC now).

Make sure you have edited the JfC.ini file to add the row numbers after each line or the Bang window will not show up.

Edit: Think I misunderstood your problem...
Yes, I have 2 row of messages. Thanks.

PS. I concur, nice suggestions by Scarystuff and Schnipp!

I have been meaning to ask what that + symbol does? Also as Schnipp says, make it optional :)
The plus symbol doesn't actually "do" anything. It's just a label that marks a safe place to "grab" the form when moving it around (so you don't send a message when you don't mean to).

The plus symbol doesn't actually "do" anything. It's just a label that marks a safe place to "grab" the form when moving it around (so you don't send a message when you don't mean to).
Was looking for that too to try drag and move the Bang window, but I dont see the + symbol anymore. Could that be the cause of my issue? Or is it really not present in the current release?

The Bang window stays on permanently, and doesnt show a pin

If you could post a screen shot or a video you youtube that may help us to understand what's happening.

The pin hack only hides the pins when you aren't mousing over the apps. The hide icon ini entry hides the upper left ac icon that you can use to close the window.

If bang was hiding off the right side on the screen then i could imagine the pin being missing.

Was looking for that too to try drag and move the Bang window, but I dont see the + symbol anymore. Could that be the cause of my issue? Or is it really not present in the current release?
Try using the default INI (backup your personal copy) and see if that helps.

I re-used my personal messages, but forgot the add the row-definition at the end.

The Bang window was empty then.
Maybe that's the issue?!

Works fine since I've added the row entries.

Try using the default INI (backup your personal copy) and see if that helps.
I'll check it out again tom am, and create some visual.

I re-used my personal messages, but forgot the add the row-definition at the end.

The Bang window was empty then.
Maybe that's the issue?!

Works fine since I've added the row entries.
Yes, i have the messages and rows. Actually, i have the messages working fine in 2 or 3 rows. My issue only is I cant seem to move the Bang window to another location when i click my mouse over it (though I can move the chat window), and I don't have the pin icon as well on the Bang window, to see if its locked or not.

Will try again tom. Thanks again, great app!

Hi @Esotic, I found the cause. I only had 18 messages, so I had the lines for Msgs19-20 = 0 (ie. message19 = 0 and message20 = 0). I guess lines of blank messages should just be deleted. :)

Though encountering another issue, when I click a message, it puts the message on the chat window/cursor, but doesn't send it (ie. like 'Enter' is not pressed). What could be causing this? I remember this worked initially. Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back