RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

well, i'm a little disappointed as i was looking forward to racing thevectra last night.

mainly due to the fact i drive it at nearly every oppotunity now,so driving the honda and getting it set up for valer was a nightmare as i am in tune with the vectra now.

the racing itself was good indeed, i'm not sure where the comments about people not moving over to let leaders pass is coming from as all the ones i came across were on the ball and moved over accordingly.

had some good moments with jamie wilson and chris noble(as always) and it was fun,but,as mentioned above i was not totally to grips with the honda.

hopefully in the future the vectra will be available,as it should be on most peoples systems by now,it is readily available if you go directly to the official race 07 website and follow the crowne plaza raceway official download link,it will take to steam and you just click install game,job done.

Dave

Enjoyed last night

Sprint race (Qual 9th finished 8th)
Bit of jostling for the first lap, before things settled down, but then ran over a curb and it threw me sideways and lost a couple of places. Later on was in 6th, but ran wide on the second last lap so ended up 8th.

Feature (qual 5th finished 3rd)
benefitted from the jump start of the two in front and managed to run a steady race with no major mistakes. Although, lost my rythmn a couple of times and was pressured. Especially near the end by David Lemon, which made it stressful passing a few further down the field (although they were no hindrance) it does raise the concentration/stress level. Just managed to hold off David at the end. :)

My overall qualy for the night was not good. I kept trying to push a bit to hard and paid for it both times. Race where good for me. 99% clean and 110% fun.
I thought i had a decent pace until seemed to fall off in the races.
Ended somewhere towards the back in both. Apologies to the Volvo is spun in the feature race. I did pull off the road and wait, but that does not totally make up for it. Very sorry about that.

All in all it was a good, fun night.
Thanks to the organisers and i look forward to some more STCC.

There is a chance that I might not make this, or alternatively I might just be a bit late ... real life turn of events, have to see how things go this afternoon.

Is quali closed ... just in case I am sooo late?

BTW: I posted a very quick, rough and ready, base setup online/in game (<-- GTR Evo only) ... its nowhere near finished, tyres pressures defo need a few tweaks and gears not touched at all ... but was working far better than default when I boshed it together in the wee hours of this morning.

attached is setup. still not happy with it. needs work on the suspension bump/rebound. tried lots of ways and none of them help fully - faster in sector 1-3 or faster in sector 2 alone. both ways result in same lap times. havent found a happy comprimise yet either.

fastest lap on the setup is 1:44:2. i think anyone whos a demon in these thinks can easily hit 43s. my laps are looking tidy-ish in the car but when you hit up the replay some of them are scandelous.

Attachments

• Cat320 Kyalami.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Matt Alpeter

Devastating news guys, since our damn moving truck wouldn't start last night (was -8 out) we have to finish moving tonight. If we can do it quickly I'll be able to make all the races, if not, I might miss the first one. Hopefully see you tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%