RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

8097d1229167376-race-night-flyer-thread-s2000flyer.jpg

Servername: racedepartment.com US
Password: click here

Class: S2000 cars (WTCC 06 -07, STCC) - short track sprint night
Track: Zandvoort Club, Valencia Nacional, Brands Hatch Indy
Weather: Dry

Practice: 9:00 PM EST, ( Wednesday 2:00 GMT ) 10 minutes per track
Qualification: 10 minutes per track
Race: Race one 9:20 PM EST, (Wednesday 2:20 GMT) 12 laps per track

Notes: YOU MUST HAVE THE STCC EXPANSION TO JOIN - We will run 12 laps on each short course with practice/qualifing for the next course starting immediately after race one finishes and so on. You should be able to join at any practice so if you miss race one join in late. SPRINT NIGHT :)

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:

SKIN PACK HERE: http://www.billyyunck.com/galleries/sprint night/stcc sprint night.rar
  1. Keith Barrick
  2. William Yunck
  3. Marcel vd Aa
  4. Timothy Miller
  5. Matt Alpeter
  6. Marty pierce
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Warren Dawes
  9. Gaynall Hudgins
  10. Johan Bergqvist
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Gary Lennon
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Qualified 9º ( best for me in RD so far :clap: ) . After a bad start lost 2 positions , but in the midle of first lap was 9º again . Then i hit Richard ( really sorry for that Richard :disapointed: ) , the thing is in that turn i don't brake and thought you didn't brake too so when i saw your brake lights i tried to brake but had no time . Just after that i saw a message somebody left the game ( couldn't catch the name but i was pretty sure it was you ) so i didn't stop to let you pass like i always do ... Just rialise my missunderstood when i watched the replay . Sorry again mate . I know how frustranting is to got a crash in the first lap ...

After that i was with a damage rear suspension and the car became really instable in the fast part of the track . Did 5 pit stops to fix this but with no success so , with 50 min. left i gave up the pits and tried just to finish and did in 5th :laugh2:

Thanks to Andrew for this event :highfive:

It's ok Carlos , You where not the reason i was out of the race. I crashed in the chicane. There i flew out of the race.

to pit right near the end, I saw his message saying he was pitting, and then his name label above the pits, lost concentration and flipped the mini onto its roof on the straight, and then drove the wrong way for about 5 seconds turned it around and came back.

Paolo ended up in front of me by 4 seconds at the finish. GAH!

Lol Stuart, i went into pits due to a puncture, i thought...do last lap with a puncture or not?...Suart is +1 minute behind me, so in a track with Porto´s layout, i will fix it....it took me more time than i was expecting, because my :rant:pit crew decided to repair the car aswell :dizzy:
I was looking to the time gap and saw it shortning...then....while i was looking to the map, saw your dot suddenly stops and going on the wrong way :der: i couldn´t believe and for a moment i thought the race was over.
Went out of the pits and saw the Stuart´s dot aiming towards me now:lol:
So, last lap was made with even more carefull than the others.

As for the all event, mixed feelings.
Qualified 7th, which gave me good expectations for the race.
Kept the 7th place for the first 2 laps. Lap 3 due a chicane carnage,
jumped to 3rd, later on Grant hit the chicane barrier and was parked,
no way to Ben and me to avoid Grant, fortunately i had only damaged suspension (i hate that message voice btw) :wacko: I think you took too much time to hit the ESC key Grant, because i was 10 seconds behind Ben, so you took 10 seconds to exit the place...:( that´s no problem, i know it was completely unintentional, but when/if our engine car dies, we must to leave as soon as possible. From there, kept the 2nd place untill the end.
Was lucky, but my strategy worked once again at narrow and beetween walls circuits, #97 post. :high5:

This time i was alone for 116 minutes :bored: not so funny then....:ohwell:

Big applause to Gary:alien: astonishing pace, great win :first:
Good race Stuart:yo:
And well done to all finishers :clap2:

Thanks for the variety you have given to us Andrew :tea:

here are some slightly dodgy looking stats with no quali times for some reason :confused2:
also says that buxton did a proper buxton but I think that's wrong

http://zogger.co.uk/evo-report/2008.12.12_21.43_RACE_porto/

I know I said I finished the race but I didn't.... would have done lol but with 5 minutes to go I stacked it in the wall as my legs went dead and could not feel them..... But I'm classing it as a finish lol

Stats are correct though.

2 minutes before i started getting dead leg syndrome I was over 2 seconds quicker than my fastest lap.
Compared to you guys that's nothing but for me it is a big deal lol :clap:

Can not wait for the next one. Hopefully another street circuit :go-away: hint hint lol

short and rather hairy race lol

panick obviously struck when offical practice and quali satrted, i just couldnt get the killer chicane right. wasent doing to bad in testing.

tried to play safe at the start, but got sandwiched in a lap 1 pileup and susspension damadge without hitting a barrier DOH!.

saw Richard really going for it and though this will end in tears soon and it did lol, i found him sideon at the chicane, i lucked out with no extra damadge. then shortly after that i think Michael carshed at the chicane and i folowed him. which puntured my front tire and i just managed to clear the chicane without killing no on. but ddint fancy limping al the way around so tried to sneak in the pitlane backwards hehe.

enjoy the rest of your night lads, and gold medal to Nigel Atkins for unorthodoxed pitting skills level 3 award.

lesson my learned to not try that again as i got a DQ :disapointed:

Thanks Andy and RD :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%