RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Was doing ok in Race 2 in 11th and found myself a nice smooth lap but on lap 28 game froze. First time for months since this happened and after the first race disconnect I think I will be leaving this track alone for a long while.

Thanks Simon and RD.

1st race was fun, nice battles. Just when i crossed the finish my pc crashed.
2nd race went well. Was somewhere in the middle, then in lap 34 or so my pc hung again.

I don't really know if it was the game or my pc because i could not get back to windows in any way.

Was a good race, great track. Thnx all!

woo hoo!!! quali was great... new pb in race 2 with a 1:12.8xx very happy!!!!

race 1... was going very well in the points great scraps with several cars until with 4 laps to go notice 3L of fuel... eek! slight miscalc.... into pits and out to cross 11th I think??? will need to double check that!

race2.... 6th on the grid!!! flip me!!!! nose bleed time!!!! got away well and really enjoyed the scraps. at one lap i think i may have defended a bit too much nearly pushing Mark off the road - sorry about that, nervous twitch kicked in. pitted on lap 22 which for me was the correct thing to do, got me 3 places!!! eventually lost one of them....( i got yoeri-fied!) got it back though when he brammed it in the tyres of death with 2 laps to go. also got handed a place when Mark received a S'n'G. had him attached to the back for a bit but i guess his tyres were a bit more shredded than mine. crossed a very very happy 6th place!

gr all, firm but fair in everything i saw. back markers very good at clearing room too.

thanks for organising. i'm off to celebrate not finishing or even qualifing 13th! :D

Missed the 1st qualy totally and drove by my self almost all the time. Surprise came when i almost ran out of gas on lap 18. I put 24 laps worth of fuel at the start.. Have to remember that the next time..

2nd qualy i ran out in 2nd esses, started at the back. Then a BMW was suddenly sideways in front of me in the 2nd esses, braked put it didn't help, i flipped over. Suspension got broken and that was pretty much it. Managed to drive 14 laps with it anyway until pitstop. Took a bit longer second stint and had a good battle with, om gosh, i forgot who it was. Good battle anyway until at lap 32 with cold tires i ran in to those pile of tires in the chicane. Thank god i didn't ruin anybodys race..

All in all, a good lesson. Didn't like the track, almost like Puebla but not so bad.. Eats tires like hell.

It was a very cool event!!!

1st quali: 5th
Sprint race: Started a bit slow, I think it was David who passed me on the left side. In the whole race I chased David, while had James at my tail, sometimes we were so close, I think cm-s were between our cars! At the end everybody made mistakes (and Jamie ran out of fuel) ahead me, and I could defend against James and I won! This is my 10th RD win and I'm very very happy as I didn't think I'll win a race nowadays:)

2nd quali: 5th again!
Feature race: At start there was an accident ahead me, David spun and blocked my way:( After that I fought my way up, and chased top 3 from about 15s behind! At the end of the race I was tired and I knew I won't catch them so I decided to slow down a bit and bring home 4th in safety, with a comfortable drive.

Thx all for the races I had fun!:)

Possibly one of the most fun races I've ever had here at RD, absolutely fantastic.

2 screenshots below, one is the qualy times and the other shows how close things were at the end of the feature race. :)

Attachments

• capture_2009-03-17_21-25-37.jpg
    capture_2009-03-17_21-25-37.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 221
  • capture_2009-03-17_22-31-39.jpg
    capture_2009-03-17_22-31-39.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Ian Landry

Considering the difficulty of these cars and this flowing track, I had a good time tonight. Decided to go for a pitstop because I was struggling too much with a full load of fuel. Ran as high as 6. Had a good run with Bob for a few laps, even if he was definitely faster than me.

The end of the race was not so great and I want to apologize to Adam. He was slowly closing in on me to lap me (he was 4th, me 8th), but I got 2 blue flag warnings in Eau Rouge! As I tried to let off a bit in the following straight, I saw that you hit some grass. If it was because of me, I apologize. The next lap, I hit some tires in the final turn and lost the splitter, but my guy didn't tell me until I was, again, in Eau Rouge. As you can imagine, without a splitter I lost the front end and ended up in the tire wall pretty hard. As I slid back on the track, I saw that you hit the wall. I apologize again.

Good night all.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back