F1 2014 ERS DRS

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
I ve searched for hours,but still dont get it 100 percent. Is there a number indicating what Ers is in store?
Should I see movement on the backwing using DRS? I try my best to stay within a sec and look back while I push in these zones but dont see feel anything.
Anyone know approx hp diference from lean to rich ? Rev diffrence? Should be cause of more cool effect. Appreciate all help. Regards :)

The ERS is used throughout the lap and is activated in the game by use of the throttle (full throttle). This is transparent to the player, and you have no indication or other means of controlling it in-game. Officially it's about double the power of the old KERS, and can be used for 33 seconds per lap, where the old KERS was about 7 seconds per lap.

You may have misunderstood DRS zones. When you drive around any track you will see the big polystyrene DRS markers boards by the side of the track, and a DRS line across the track at that point. Bear in mind that these are the points that you can USE the DRS (if activated), it doesn't matter if you are within 1 second of the car in front at this point, because that 1 second rule refers to the DRS Detection Zone (not the DRS line).

Two separate DRS zones for 2012 Italian GP.jpg

Look at this Monza DRS layout (2012). On the far right (turn 11) is the Parabolica, you have to be within 1 second of the car in front at that detection point, to be able to use the DRS on the home straight, the DRS Activation Zone (where the DRS line and markers are)

As there a 2 DRS zones, the other one is just after turn 7. To be able to use it, you must be within 1 second of the car in front just after turn 6 (Lesmo 1), to be able to use it on the back straight just after turn 7 (Lesmo 2).

A small green light will illuminate on the wheel when you can use the DRS. I can't remember whether you also get a beep sound at the same time (we did in previous games). If the DRS is open you will see it in the rear view. The DRS is not enabled (for everyone) until lap 3 of the race, or the 3rd lap after a safety car. The DRS is disabled for everyone if it's raining.

Sorry I can't help you regarding horse power at the different fuel settings.

Cheers :)

That was a lot of help I made it work thank you so much. Another mistake was that I only tried in race cause it was not supposed to work in qual I thought. I guess just more misunderstanding. New to the game so I scim through loads of info.. I even installed a mod for Asetto Corsa :D damn weird it never worked. Guess maybe that ERS number on the wheel was in real then, ( Or Asetto Corsa...... :) )

Last edited:
No problem :)

In the 2013 season, the driver could use the DRS anywhere on the track during practice and qualification, but only in the DRS zone during the race.

In the 2014 season which recently finished (and in 2015 season starting in March), they can only use the DRS in the DRS zone, that includes practice and qualification, they are not free to use it anywhere they like.

As for the ERS, I think some (or maybe all) cars in real life have a 'push to pass' button to trigger the ERS, and/or the engineers pre-program the ERS system to suit the track. So the ERS 'kicks in' after turns 3, 7, and 11 for example when they go to full throttle (but I am not sure about that, especially the pre-programmed bit)

Cheers

The ERS is used throughout the lap and is activated in the game by use of the throttle (full throttle). This is transparent to the player, and you have no indication or other means of controlling it in-game. Officially it's about double the power of the old KERS, and can be used for 33 seconds per lap, where the old KERS was about 7 seconds per lap.

You may have misunderstood DRS zones. When you drive around any track you will see the big polystyrene DRS markers boards by the side of the track, and a DRS line across the track at that point. Bear in mind that these are the points that you can USE the DRS (if activated), it doesn't matter if you are within 1 second of the car in front at this point, because that 1 second rule refers to the DRS Detection Zone (not the DRS line).

View attachment 79563

Look at this Monza DRS layout (2012). On the far right (turn 11) is the Parabolica, you have to be within 1 second of the car in front at that detection point, to be able to use the DRS on the home straight, the DRS Activation Zone (where the DRS line and markers are)

As there a 2 DRS zones, the other one is just after turn 7. To be able to use it, you must be within 1 second of the car in front just after turn 6 (Lesmo 1), to be able to use it on the back straight just after turn 7 (Lesmo 2).

A small green light will illuminate on the wheel when you can use the DRS. I can't remember whether you also get a beep sound at the same time (we did in previous games). If the DRS is open you will see it in the rear view. The DRS is not enabled (for everyone) until lap 3 of the race, or the 3rd lap after a safety car. The DRS is disabled for everyone if it's raining.

Sorry I can't help you regarding horse power at the different fuel settings.

Cheers :)

I have been watching some fast lap times on youtube. One guy, with very fast lap times, was adjusting fuel mix very frequently. Mix 2 for turns, mix 3 for straights and fast turns. I wonder whether this is a good way of rationing out the ERS and thus getting an overall faster lap time or is he just getting better traction? At Silverstone, I notice I can get over 200mph sometimes approaching Stowe, other times not quite. I realise precision on the Maggots, Becketts and Chapel series is critical to keeping speed up for the Hangar straight. But there are occasions I get that great exit, only to find my straight line speed is disappointing - so I am assuming all the ERS is gone. Mmm - how to manage that. More short down shifts and letting it roll?

I would assume that he's changing fuel mode frequently to improve traction and reduce tyre wear, and it's nothing to do with the ERS in reality.

To be honest we only have Codemasters word on this regarding ERS, because they don't provide any monitoring of the ERS system and when it's being used. We can only assume that it kicks in at full throttle (in any gear?) and maybe especially when the car is in a low'ish gear, or accelerating hard out of a low/medium speed corner

As for Maggots, Becketts and Chapel, they are so late in the modern lap (unlike the old start/finish line where they were near the beginning), that I would suspect that most if not all the ERS power has been gobbled up by the Loop, Aintree, the Wellington Straight, Luffield, and Woodcote.

I don't chase lap times for the sake of it, I don't hotlap, so I can't say how to get the best lap at any track. The only lap times that interest me are the comparative ones against the other drivers in the race. If I can match them 'ish, then I'm good to go :)

Thank
I would assume that he's changing fuel mode frequently to improve traction and reduce tyre wear, and it's nothing to do with the ERS in reality.

To be honest we only have Codemasters word on this regarding ERS, because they don't provide any monitoring of the ERS system and when it's being used. We can only assume that it kicks in at full throttle (in any gear?) and maybe especially when the car is in a low'ish gear, or accelerating hard out of a low/medium speed corner

As for Maggots, Becketts and Chapel, they are so late in the modern lap (unlike the old start/finish line where they were near the beginning), that I would suspect that most if not all the ERS power has been gobbled up by the Loop, Aintree, the Wellington Straight, Luffield, and Woodcote.

I don't chase lap times for the sake of it, I don't hotlap, so I can't say how to get the best lap at any track. The only lap times that interest me are the comparative ones against the the other drivers in the race. If I can match them 'ish, then I'm good to go :)

Don't blame you for not hot-lapping. It can become a bit of an obsession. I like the idea, put to me online by a Mexican racer, that races are won with the head, not the foot and not necessarily from putting in the fastest lap. But he used auto-gear and TC in online races, which is fair enough if it wins races. And he won a lot - in the top ten leader-board for sprint in the 2012 game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%