Error Message - CM Custom Shaders Patch

So, I've been getting an error message in CM/Settings/Custom Shaders Patch. I've tried redownloading, reinstalling, removing & reapplying and I can't fix this error. Please help!
Below is a clipboard copy of the error:

Navigation Failed
Source
/pages/settings/settingsShaderPatch.xaml

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'AcManager.Pages.Settings.SettingsShadersPatch' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ViewModel' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AcManager.Pages.Settings.SettingsShadersPatch.ViewModel..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at AcManager.Pages.Settings.SettingsShadersPatch.ViewModel..ctor(Boolean isLive)
at AcManager.Pages.Settings.SettingsShadersPatch..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.DefaultContentLoader.<LoadContentAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

has anyone came up with any solution for this one? I cant seem to find any solution no matter what I am trying to do..... this makes assetto corsa experience the worst.

I had this issue, and it was my Sim Commander 4 software that I had setup to launch Content Manager for AC instead of AC directly. There were some numbers (can't remember what they were) in parameters that was causing the issues. Once I removed those I was golden. However, if you do not use Sim Commander/AF then not sure what is up as it worked for me after the change.

1601422813006.png

Edit: I also recall that this caused an issue while installing something through CM, so also had to go to the downloads area and clear that out. Make sure nothing is there, and that when you delete it, it stays deleted.

1601423203456.png

Last edited:
I had this issue, and it was my Sim Commander 4 software that I had setup to launch Content Manager for AC instead of AC directly. There were some numbers (can't remember what they were) in parameters that was causing the issues. Once I removed those I was golden. However, if you do not use Sim Commander/AF then not sure what is up as it worked for me after the change.

View attachment 409472

Edit: I also recall that this caused an issue while installing something through CM, so also had to go to the downloads area and clear that out. Make sure nothing is there, and that when you delete it, it stays deleted.

View attachment 409475
Perfect, Thanks

Uninstall Microsoft OneDrive fix it for me, somehow the AC settings and all the plugins related are inside "Documents" folder and when OneDrive was trying to sync the files, it keep failing and causing AC or CM unable to retrieve the files it need to run the game without problem. uninstalling OneDrive for me fix the Navigation failed 100%

Uninstall Microsoft OneDrive fix it for me, somehow the AC settings and all the plugins related are inside "Documents" folder and when OneDrive was trying to sync the files, it keep failing and causing AC or CM unable to retrieve the files it need to run the game without problem. uninstalling OneDrive for me fix the Navigation failed 100%
didnt work for me

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years