General Error loading modded track: "tangent in mesh is zero"

Hi,

I've been adding pits to a track that I previously had working ("To Luceram"), using the exact same process that I have used to add pits to another track successfully.

Exporting .fbx and importing to SDK Editor is not problematic, but when run AC I get this message (never seen it before even with tracks that have failed to load in-game):

FtpGJul.jpg

... and then when I go into the log it tells me this ("TANGENT IN MESH ____ IS ZERO") for pretty much all objects:

SZLaI5Z.jpg

Google tells me this has something to do with the normals not functioning properly, but then why does it open without issue in the editor?

I have not altered any of the objects (such as 1WALL above) in the original Blender file (which previously worked).
Only thing I have done is add the new pits, which also show the same "TANGENT IS ZERO" error.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance
William

KSEditor should be fixing missing tangents when it imports, if you check the log after doing that it'll tell you what warning/errors KSEditor had on your fbx, maybe it'll say why it didn't fix them.

Thanks for the reply. After opening the .fbx in the editor I can't see any new log messages, just more of the same e.g.:

"WARING: TANGENT IN MESH 1GRASS_SUB0 IS IS ZERO: 0 ,0 ,-0
pos0: 1.051069 1.219660 0.420664
pos1: 1.034165 1.167488 0.416038
pos2: 1.062014 1.193054 0.417144"

Do you have "warnings as errors" turned on in one of the assetto's .ini files? Maybe that is causing it to not load.

I'm not sure about this but it is possible I had this error at some point and the issue was uvmap related. I had merged uvmaps at some point in some objects and that had created some uvmaps where part of the mesh was uvmapped to 0,0 and ac gave an error which sounds similar to yours. Maybe it is that issue, maybe not but if those objects have uvmap where parts of the mesh are at 0,0 you could try unwrapping those bits and see if it loads.

Do you have "warnings as errors" turned on in one of the assetto's .ini files? Maybe that is causing it to not load.

I'm not sure about this but it is possible I had this error at some point and the issue was uvmap related. I had merged uvmaps at some point in some objects and that had created some uvmaps where part of the mesh was uvmapped to 0,0 and ac gave an error which sounds similar to yours. Maybe it is that issue, maybe not but if those objects have uvmap where parts of the mesh are at 0,0 you could try unwrapping those bits and see if it loads.

Thanks for the reply, I will give both of these suggestions a try when I get the chance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back