Erg's Tyre Pack

Skins Erg's Tyre Pack 0.9a

Login or Register an account to download this content
Erg submitted a new resource:

Pirelli Tyre - Alternative - A set of Pirelli Tyres with a different logo sample

I worked on some different car skins and especially with the old ones I saw that Pirelli used simple PIRELLI letters instead of original logo on some tyres..

So this tyre basically created for some car skins which I made. In short, I decided to make a tyre pack which I already work on everytime I create a car skin.

View attachment 89540

-You can use it with different cars by changing it's name.
-No _NM files.

From Game:
View attachment 89541 View attachment 89542...

Read more about this resource...

Good job,
only comment on a very small detail:
The arrow "drawn" that indicates the direction of rotation of the tire is obviously inverting on a left side of the car ...

I do not think there is a way to solve (whereas the "skin" is one for all 4 tires) but it seems fair to say ;)

Good job,
only comment on a very small detail:
The arrow "drawn" that indicates the direction of rotation of the tire is obviously inverting on a left side of the car ...

I do not think there is a way to solve (whereas the "skin" is one for all 4 tires) but it seems fair to say ;)

Oh, how I missed it! :redface: It looked so nice but have to replace it now :) Thank you mate.

since we can't get a further replies on review, i'll tell you how to create a normal map.
in your Photoshop, open your tyre texture/project. i suggest you take the already-converted texture (PNG, BMP) instead of PSD project.

go to Filter -> Nvidia Tools -> NormalMap Filter
Untitled-1.jpg

in the new window you have a few options to tweak the setting of the map. use the setting which is shown in the pic below.
Untitled-2.jpg

now you have the normal map for tyres. save the texture map to DDS as usual.
Untitled-3.jpg

hope this helps.

Last edited:
since we can't get a further replies on review, i'll tell you how to create a normal map.
in your Photoshop, open your tyre texture/project. i suggest you take the already-converted texture (PNG, BMP) instead of PSD project.

go to Filter -> Nvidia Tools -> NormalMap Filter
View attachment 89658

in the new window you have a few options to tweak the setting of the map. use the setting which is shown in the pic below.
View attachment 89659
now you have the normal map for tyres. save the texture map to DDS as usual.
View attachment 89660

hope this helps.

I watched this
yesterday and already got a fine result I guess. Just thinking about some improvements then I will update the source and would like you to watch this thread, try the files after update and tell me how it looks..

I will try your guide too then. Thank you very much.

If I use DXT5 or DXT5_NM while saving tyre look very noisy. So I use DXT1 or 8888ARGB32Bit.. Does it make any difference? Or should I change some settings while exporting .dds? Or this is all and done?
looks noisy ingame or in photo viewer?
the texture looks noisy might be due to high MIPmap values added.
i usually save the texture with dxt5 ARGB 8bpp interpolated alpha.

oh forget about something.
in NormalMapFilter window, set the scale value in the scale box to 8. so you will have more depth on the map.

Henky, first of all thank you again for your great support.

Now, I got some good results with your guide. But now I'm in a weird point, while left tires of car looks so shiny, right ones are still same old dark style. I want a look between them not so shiny not so dark but dark is better than shiny I think, even the shiny one gives a better depth look. So, how can I solve this? Tried different alpha settings, deleting alphas etc. Nothing worked, just can't catch the look I need and it's really weird there is a huge difference between left right tyres.

Screenshots are from same moment same car.

Attachments

• Showroom_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_16-3-2015-21-32-19.jpg
    Showroom_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_16-3-2015-21-32-19.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 604
  • Showroom_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_16-3-2015-21-32-24.jpg
    Showroom_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_16-3-2015-21-32-24.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 434
Well, I added spot color %100black alpha to tyre_d.dds and it's normal again now.. Just can't see the depth effect as good as the shiny one attached in my previous message.

Erg updated Pirelli Tyre - Alternative with a new update entry:

Overhaul

v.0.4 Beta
-Better normal map files-better depth feel. (Thanks to Henky SA)
-Better PIRELLI Logo.
-Removed 3d effect from handwritings.
-Better colors for both tireside and tiretread.
-Added small yellow and white lines.
-Replaced handwritings so they will not stay under rims in some cars (SLS GT3 for example..)
-Used 1024px instead of 512px.

View attachment 89719

Read the rest of this update entry...

Erg updated Erg's Tyre Pack with a new update entry:

New Content

-Added Dunlop tyres with 4 variants (Including Sport Maxx and Bluresponse BTCC) plus with a bonus GreenGT design.
-Added Toyo Tyres.

All tyres will work best with these cars:
Set 1-Evora GX, Evora GTC
Set 2-MOD- Gallardo GT3, CORVETTE C7R, 599XXEVO, MOD- F430 GT3
Set 3-MOD- R8 LMS (r8_lhm)
Set 4-MP4 12C GT3, 458 GT2, McLaren F1 GTR, 235i Racing, Nissan GTR GT3, MOD- 997GT3RSR
Set 5-SLS GT3
Set 6-Z4 GT3, M3 GT2

PS: Green GT Bonus Tyre is only for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%