rF2 Epsilon Euskadi @ Long Beach - Tuesday 21.04.09

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
tuff things to master on a twisty track like this... especially as they are made from paper it seems. plenty of pit stops and when thinking, 1 more lap to finish it i binned it... 15seconds or so of race left. hey ho. thems the breaks i guess.

good event and well done to those that mastered these cars and survived the track!

Toni, i did something very similar in qualy, went to do my last lap to try and get pole and tapped the outside wall on T1 and it just destroyed the car - i think bits of the wall stick out slightly.

Great race that, 50 mins of pure enjoyment. We need a few more of these - or maybe with the Endurance Series mod when that comes out.

That was nice racing although I don't like the car at all.
Track was brilliant btw.

Qualified 3rd and had a bad start. Although I practiced starting a bit, I did it wrong. Still was 4th or 5th and could regain 3rd just in/before T1.
Steve lost is just after T1 and James and I could sneak through and running away quiet easily.
Then in the last turn James was driving very slow and I just had my car rolling but still tapped him around. Glad he could recover easily and I let him through just before T1 again.
Then some great driving and I had to recover from a spin. Could close the gap and then i think James let me through.

Since I heard people saying the tires would not last long I was on a midpoint pitstop. Didn't know it was tires and then fuel (not at the same time), so I wasted lots of time there also because while i came in the tires were good. (supersoft on both stints)
Then after pitstop I spun in the 2nd lap.
Then it was a long run doing equal/slightly better laps then james, but since he did not yet do a pitstop he was 50 seconds ahead.
His pitstop came and it was very close while he was driving out. Only 3/4 seconds ahead of me.
Then he pushed like hell with an empty car and supersoft I think. Doing 1.13s. I pushed also but lost to must time in oversteering the car.
Then 2 laps before the end I lost it in the second last turn and destroyed the rear of the car.

I limped another lap to wait for James to lap me and finish. Saved me another limp lap :)

Finished 2nd. Steve was classified 3rd by the game but he left the game early still having enough laps ahead of Bram, who finished 4th according the game.

Overall it was a ***** to drive; hard car, difficult track in that the barriers are not forgiving, tires heat up slowly, time acceleration so we drove at night, damage at 100%.

Great performance James, congrats once again!

See you next time.

PS. glad my pc did not crashed this time. I wonder why. G25 is overheating btw. FF was a bit too high on the upgrade page I think :)

PS again... Should slam the drivers around their heads!
Only Keith and me on TeamSpeak. Were do we use it for anyway?

It was for us very cool. Alerting each other of lapping and crashed on track. That was very good stuff Keith :)

I did change to super soft tyres Ramon. I started on mediums thinking they may last about 3/4 of the race when in fact when i came to pit with 10 mins to go they had hardly worn at all. I didn't need fuel so i just stuck super softs on and pushed to get some decent times and a bit of a bigger gap to you. Also, when i let you through i had understeered a bit wide and ended up blocking you a bit, having you behind was making things hard so i thought it was better to let you go infront :)

I would have come on TS, but once i had gone on the game it was a pain for me to do it as i would need to change over to headphones which means changing sound settings on my X-FI - i have to quit off games and things before i do that or it just removes the sound.

Gratsie James and Ramon, that was some impressive consistent racing from the both of you :)

Dropped in quite late for qualy because of some issues but the first stint of the race went remarkably ok :) Could control the car and really set some good pace.

Until that one little bump snapped away the car and i had to pit, ever since the car felt strange and uncontrollable at some corners causing more mayhem..

Decided to take it easy and finish. Great stuff. Love the prototypes and this track was just an amazing challenge.

Thanks for the nice race guys :thumb:

Shall we repeat this event later on with a new track? If so which one? Add a little traction control too to make the car a little more driveable :D ?

(oh no, i said the word TC)

I say we have an event here JY :) What day? With or without TC?

On a day that doesn't clash with anything, may get a better field then. You could allow low or medium TC. Because of what we saw tonight i think people may not want to race the Epsilon Euskadi if they think it will spin easy and cause them to crash. Having TC on like the car does in real life would probably make it more accessible to more people. Not sure about making this one go into the dark - i haven't tried the track at night yet though. Also, we would probably want to use the prototype version of the track, quicker and should allow some good slipstream battles down the back straight :D

A little TC would help a bit :) I drive like there is an egg under the pedal and still struggled at times - just that fraction of a degree too much pedal and WHIP! around it wants to go. caught it some times, lost it more :)

Shall we repeat this event later on with a new track? If so which one? Add a little traction control too to make the car a little more driveable :D ?

(oh no, i said the word TC)

Why not stick to Cart Factor? They are also difficult to drive but at least more predictable then those LMPs. There is also a nice IDT Indycar mod which suits different tracks, road and ovals.

It was fun, but the car proofs its too hard to drive. 75% of the drivers dropped out before the finish.
Enabling TC and/or lowering the damage destroys what the mod was designed for. Then please stick to a more driveable mod.
Just my 2 cents :)

Also I could not drive cockpit view in the LMP. Just no visibility for me. Which is no problem in indycars :)
And if you want hardcore, try the F1 1979's or the F1 1988 mod :)

I find the LMP's easier to drive than the CART Factor mod and i'm much more interested in doing enduro's with them rather than a shorter race at an oval using CART Factor. If you really want to run open wheelers, we could try the 2007 champ car mod as they are pretty easy to drive and are good on most road courses.

I also found the cockpit view fine, with the seat in the right place i could see out front fine and could see the small screen for the rear view camera too - you aren't really meant to see much more than that as the visibility in the real car is pretty bad. Enabling TC technically makes it more realistic as the real cars run with it, but again i would prefer to run without it even if the option was there.

I find the LMP's easier to drive than the CART Factor mod and i'm much more interested in doing enduro's with them rather than a shorter race at an oval using CART Factor. If you really want to run open wheelers, we could try the 2007 champ car mod as they are pretty easy to drive and are good on most road courses.

I also found the cockpit view fine, with the seat in the right place i could see out front fine and could see the small screen for the rear view camera too - you aren't really meant to see much more than that as the visibility in the real car is pretty bad. Enabling TC technically makes it more realistic as the real cars run with it, but again i would prefer to run without it even if the option was there.
+1 ,the lmp's have a place here i'm sure,oh yes it was hard at first to drive them,but it's so much fun!i think we should race them weekly :) in good enduro tracks.

• Kyle Evers

I agree with you guys. I didn't make the race because of stupid Vista but I tried out the car with the track and that car was sliding all over the place. I tried adjusting my setup at least five times and I couldn't do two full laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back