Episode 7: One Car, One Lap in 4K Ultra HD

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
The title of this seventh episode of our YouTube series should have been named entirely different. "The Revenge", or maybe "The Frustration" fits much better.

Our dedicated driver for this series Dragos Haba has a long term wish and that's to race in real life against another RaceDepartment member on a real racing circuit. His opponent's name? @Florian Strauß. Florian Strauß is a multiple online series winner here at the site and claimed various titles during recent years with the PC simulation rFactor, including our massive endurance league the Virtual Le Mans Series.

Blancpain Endurance Series
Florian is no longer only racing the virtual racing tracks. He is living the dream and has advanced to real motorsports and is currently competing in the Blancpain Endurance Series for the Nissan GT Academy Team after winning the GT Academy last year.

GT Academy
During the last six months we have been stimulating Dragos to enter this years GT Academy himself and try to win the North American round of this prestigious PlayStation 4 championship and become a real driver as well. Guess what? Polyphony obviously didn't like this kind of competition coming from a Canadian pc sim-racer and decided to exclude the whole territory of Canada (and more) from entering this years competition.

Fueled by a mild frustration our driver decided to put his energy into a 4K recorded lap around the home-soil of the GT Academy: the Silverstone Circuit and races the official Team RJN livery as a tribute to his former online rival Strauss but now in an entirely different game: Assetto Corsa.

Wouldn't it be great if Florian submitted his lap as well? Or in case you are reading this GT Academy? Give us a call to setup a PC counterpart of the series, it's about time for a GT Academy 2.0!

Silverstone
The car raced with a stock setup, apart from minor ride height changes. The sun was responsible for a 26 degrees ambient and 32 degrees track temperature with a 95% grip level on track.

The fast lap was completed in 2:03.344 and you can enjoy the 4K video registration above. To enjoy the beauty of the video to its full potential make sure to watch it in Ultra HD Quality (2160p).

Now the benchmark is set it's your turn to show your pace and see if you can match or even outpace this fast lap! Feel free to leave us a video response on our YouTube channel with your attempt!

The first season of the One Lap, One Car video-series will contain 10 videos in total published on YouTube twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday. If you would like to stay up-to-date and receive notifications of new stunning video material, make sure to subscribe to our channel.

Continue watching

It unfortunate to be honest. I participated in the first ever Driver Academy with GT5 and came second in Canada and 10th in North America. It was fun and challenging, my prize was either fifa or little big planet. The top Canadian prize was a trip to Indianapolis.

It's a matter of time before they expand. Maybe a letter is in order.... perhaps an open letter!?!?!?!?! :p

With all due respect to all of the videos posted relating to this. Why are ALL the videos done with Dragos? There seems to be a serious amount of some form of glorification here. I'm not disrespecting his speed or character but considering how large the RD community is, to have 1 driver do all these laps is a bit much and somewhat of an insult to everyone else.

@Tariq Gamil An insult to everyone else really? What is stopping you to get behind the wheel and produce a stunning video series yourself? We are happy to hear from you.

These videos are to showcase the functionality of 4K in gaming videos and Dragos happens to be the fastest driver we have in the staff who has produced these videos together with Ricardo Edelmann.

There are already enough videos on Youtube from drivers that can barely control their cars, so for a change having a great driver putting his free time into this video series is awesome.

If you are willing to sacrifice your free time for the greater good of this community you are more than welcome to apply here and help us out.

With all due respect to all of the videos posted relating to this. Why are ALL the videos done with Dragos? There seems to be a serious amount of some form of glorification here. I'm not disrespecting his speed or character but considering how large the RD community is, to have 1 driver do all these laps is a bit much and somewhat of an insult to everyone else.

All I can say is, I'm not insulted. In fact, I find it quite helpful... You can learn a lot if you really study what Drago is doing...

The only downside is my internet/pc just won't buffer the 4k resolution properly. Looks like I'll just have to stick to crappy 1080p then :p

BTW @Dragos Haba , I WILL be trying to beat your times. One day I will. I don't know when, but one day :p

Last edited:
After watching the videos, I have to say Dragos is plenty quick!! In fact, it's an insult to him that some guys can mouth off instead of posting their own video in the same car, same track and beating his time. When you do that, I will be impressed, otherwise give him the credit due.
Then again, you get the talkers and then you get the doers.
Sour grapes maybe?

I'm not entirely sure what the problem here is. This is just showing a diversity of cars and tracks available in a certain game, at a wonderful 4k resolution. I'm sure we will have other showcases like this in the future as it is quite fun and gets everyone trying some new things. The fact that I am doing these as opposed to other staff/members doesn't mean anything at all. The idea was brought up and I signed on, there is nothing more to it and I really don't see how I can be offensive in this situation.

Wow what a load of nonsense Tariq. They are just video's showing the game. Who cares who's driving? Get over it.:rolleyes: Best you delete your posts, it's embarrassing.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing