Episode 2: One Car, One Lap in 4K Ultra HD

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
After a much discussed first episode released during the Easter weekend its now time to proceed with the regular schedule of publishing videos in our One Car, One Lap in 4K series. Today Dragos Haba takes the McLaren F1 GTR to the Northern parts of Italy and races this monstrous car around Autodromo Nazionale di Monza.

The nearly six kilometers of asphalt, located in a beautiful park in the region of Lombardia, is often classified as The Cathedral of Speed. When it comes to pure speed the McLaren F1 GTR ís an excellent weapon of choice for this One Car, One Lap in 4K video. Make sure to watch the video in Ultra HD Quality (2160p) to enjoy it's full potential.

Dragos Haba completed the sunny lap in 1:48.576, racing under perfect conditions with 100% grip, soft tires and a track temperature of 26°C. Now the benchmark is set it's your turn to show your pace and see if you can match or even outpace this fast lap! Feel free to leave us a video response on our YouTube channel with your attempt!

The first season of the One Lap, One Car video-series will contain 10 videos in total published on YouTube twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday. If you would like to stay up-to-date and receive notifications of new stunning video material, make sure to subscribe to our channel.

The livery is resposible for +20km in top speed, +.5g in cornering and acceleration and an extra -1g in braking. The tires were filled with nitrogen enriched air to reduce blistering and increase peak grip performance over the one lap of greatness (this is an option that opens up in AC after 1000km of Monza have been completed in succession with a lap variance of no less than +/-0.99% on the same tire set).

The livery is resposible for +20km in top speed, +.5g in cornering and acceleration and an extra -1g in braking. The tires were filled with nitrogen enriched air to reduce blistering and increase peak grip performance over the one lap of greatness (this is an option that opens up in AC after 1000km of Monza have been completed in succession with a lap variance of no less than +/-0.99% on the same tire set).

Ladies and gentleman,

We have a winner of the funniest "comment ever made" competition!

Congratiulations, you won a like from me!

Ive seen videos at 1080p at 60 frames look better than that , 4k is not that impressive with low settings , 4k on ultra at 60 fps is a different story ;)

No need to tell me;) I would render it in 60P if youtube would support that ;)

I know there are some videos that feature 4k60. but my videos won't be accepted @ 60fps
Yeah it looks great the video , just saying that 1080p at 60fps with the game on ultra settings can produce better results , 4k on ultra settings would look a lot better if you had a titan x lol

Yeah it looks great the video , just saying that 1080p at 60fps with the game on ultra settings can produce better results , 4k on ultra settings would look a lot better if you had a titan x lol

i don't actually think it would look even better. As i said. it's recorded in 4k on maxed out settings and has 60fps locked. not even one framedrop. so i dunno if would look better :)

Reactions: CC
No need to tell me;) I would render it in 60P if youtube would support that ;)

I know there are some videos that feature 4k60. but my videos won't be accepted @ 60fps
Ive bn taking screenshots at 5760x1080p on ultra settings everything and it hammers your pc to death ac , so to run 4k you need at least a top end 6gb titan or titan x , look at my pc usage just taking screenshots ,
running watercooled 780 superclocked sli and a i7-4770k at 4.5ghz
Its running everything at 99+%
2hfl2dv.png

thats with everything watercooled on ultra settings 200fps , just taking screens , 4k is like running 4x 1920x1080p monitor , 5760x1080p is running tripple screens , I doubt very much at 4k you are running these settings ;)
A3BE1946902B98754008212F3CA8EE59C435B6A1

thats with everything watercooled on ultra settings 200fps , just taking screens , 4k is like running 4x 1920x1080p monitor , 5760x1080p is running tripple screens , I doubt very much at 4k you are running these settings ;)
A3BE1946902B98754008212F3CA8EE59C435B6A1

Lets be a bit more positive, what do you think can be done to increase the quality of the videos? You seem to know your stuff so, if you like the content but think that there is something we can do to improve the video quality AND if you think you would like to see these improvements fulfilled give us some tips.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 126 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 469 39.0%