DiRT Rally 2.0 Episode 2 of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Insight Series is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 is certainly a very interesting and exciting project from Codemasters, and to keep us all in the loop before release, we get another "Insight Series" episode to enjoy.

Not exactly the most detailed or long lasting video in the vast expanses of the internet, nevertheless the new insight episode from DiRT 2.0 developers Codemasters is still a welcome release and does a decent job of sharing with the community the motivation behind this promising new rally game.

It'll be 2019 before we know it folks...

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

DiRT 2.0 Insight Episode 2.jpg

DiRT 2.0 Insight Episode 2 2.jpg

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Still excited for DiRT Rally 2.0? Enjoyed the new video? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I hardly play Dirt rally now, The tarmac physics are awful, It feels good on the loose stuff but my immersion is lost when i have to stick to one surface that i enjoy. I much prefer the RX content in Pcars2, To me they have really nailed the Tarmac to loose physics and i really enjoy it. If Dirt rally 2 can get as good as this i might consider it but i am not holding my breath as its Codemasters!

I hardly play Dirt rally now, The tarmac physics are awful, It feels good on the loose stuff but my immersion is lost when i have to stick to one surface that i enjoy. I much prefer the RX content in Pcars2, To me they have really nailed the Tarmac to loose physics and i really enjoy it. If Dirt rally 2 can get as good as this i might consider it but i am not holding my breath as its Codemasters!

Jon Armstrong and Ryan Champion have done a really good job with the physics for 2.0. This is going to be one fun, challenging rally game!

yummie, tire choices. if this works as it should, it should bring one of the most important tactics factors into play, witness loeb's chocice of hards this morning in spain while everyone else took softs. he gained 15 secs on the rest and now leads the rally, old fox.

From what I've tested they got rid of the biggest issues on tarmac. Don't expect it to feel as the greatest sealed surface sims, but much better than DR and D4 on tarmac.

I hope they revisit post-process effects. DR post processing was way better. And D4 too. People used to blame D4 for very sharp picture, but this time they IMO gone too far with emulating a bad lens.

From what I've tested they got rid of the biggest issues on tarmac. Don't expect it to feel as the greatest sealed surface sims, but much better than DR and D4 on tarmac.

D4's tarmac physics are very good. If they can keep this I'm happy, and get the gravel physics from Dirt Rally back or an upgrade on this.

D4's tarmac physics are very good. If they can keep this I'm happy, and get the gravel physics from Dirt Rally back or an upgrade on this.

I don't agree that it was very good. Slightly better than DR I would say, but mainly because the FFB felt tighter than in DR. You could still feel the weird central pivoting issue in D4.

I don't agree that it was very good. Slightly better than DR I would say, but mainly because the FFB felt tighter than in DR. You could still feel the weird central pivoting issue in D4.

Very strongly disagree. The physics and car weight on tarmac are spot on in D4 IMO and not at all comparable to the tarmac physics in DR.

Very strongly disagree. The physics and car weight on tarmac are spot on in D4 IMO and not at all comparable to the tarmac physics in DR.

Well, if you think tarmac in D4 was spot on I guess you will be disappointed with the new game as it doesn't feel like D4 on tarmac.
Just like in Dirt Rally you had a rear end that wasn't actually following the front end of the car while cornering without any actual wheel slip.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back