Entire PC freezes when leaving pits on some tracks

Hey guys, I'm new to GTR2 and PnG3 as I've been playing them for a couple of weeks in my laptop (It's the only sim I can play in it).

Been having a problem with some modded tracks where I leave the pit garage and after a couple of seconds my entire rig freezes, the game freezes and I can´t even use troubleshooting or task manager or anything, so I'm forced to turn of my laptop.

Don't know if it's a problem of my rig, the tracks or anything like that, so I'm all ears to hear any way to fix this, thank you :)

Some modded tracks are really heavy and need a powerful pc : what are your pc specs and which tracks ?
On laptop you need to go in your video driver panel and set dedicated gpu (if your laptop has got one) instead of motherboard built-in graphics then you will get a real fps boost.

I was going to say actually a hard lockup like that often means hardware issues

Then I saw you use intel onboard graphics and that could explain it. Those new chipsets might not be super compatible with older Dx and games.

Other thing that can make gtr2 and you pc freeze is the ai to ai collision rate. (40) some tracks have there pitstalls too close to the wall or other object and causin gtr2's ai to ai collision rate go nuts.
This dont happen is 1 or 2 cars are causin this but when a large number of cars triggering ai to ai collision rate at the same moment.

But most of the times is faulty hardware or driver error like shovas said

Start with checking your power supply.. after years of use it dont put out the same power as he did when he was new. Maybe its dropped some times below your pc needs.

Also check you 5 volt line and your 12 volt line of your psu.
When they are below a limit of i believe 3% it can cause you pc to freeze and later to crash or bsod

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back