Enjoyable Singleplayer?

When it comes to racing games I've enjoyed single player more than multi, since I find most people online don't understand the basic rules of racing, leaving a gap, etc they feel driving on the inside using your side of the car as a brake and turning aid completely viable, so my question is with all thje mods out there what is a fun competitive single player for this gam,e?

Can't help you with single player but I would suggest, if your schedule allows for it, to become a premium member and race with the RD clubs. If someone does what you described above you send the replay to the race host staff and the guy gets a 30 day ban.
No dirty racing on RD, everyone just wants to have clean fun racing :)
Of course when things get heated up there will be contacts every now and then and maybe some angry words. But that's not happening too often and the other driver will feel the consequences!

I couldn't agree more with @RasmusP, in fact I'm considering to become a premium member of RD myself. That said, let me talk a little bit about my single player experience with AC...

There are roughly two aspects about single player though, hot-lapping and racing against the AI. IMHO AC is perfect when it comes to the first one, you can go around the circuits trying different cars and driving techniques, improving your times and skills in the process. I have the Ultimate Edition, therefore a lot to choose from with all those DLCs. One day I'm driving cars like the BMW M235i Racing which are awesome to learn, the other I'm driving GT3s, GT4s or simply road cars like the Ferrari 458 Italia or the Mazda MX-5 ND and Cup edition. I never get bored nor disappointed when I use AC for practicing.

Now, talking about racing against the AI, with all honesty, although it has improved tremendously, it's still not as good as the AI in rFactor 2. If you really want to play against the AI in AC (or against humans for that matter) I suggest using the Helicorsa app, as sometimes it becomes difficult to avoid contact with them. They race you hard and it's amusing with the right settings, the only problem I see is a lack of spatial awareness in tight situations, although that depends a lot on the track you're racing. It's a bit hit and miss. rFactor 2 is a world apart when it comes to AI and spatial awareness, it's almost like racing against humans.

So in a nutshell, my single player is like this: AC for hot-lapping and rFactor 2 to race against the AI. Now, this could change once I find decent servers to race AC online and subscribing to RD could be the best way to achieve this.

About singleplayer i recommend you to use 85% AI agressiveness, more than that they will hit you from behind at the straights for no reason, less than that they will not be agressive enough.

The AI is not as fast as a good human driver. Depending on your skill level the AI may be not competitive, even correcting the racing line with the "AI line helper" app...

Lord. :rolleyes:
Ever think about being able to setup a car properly to go faster and not get run over? I run AI at %95-%99 and dont get 'hit behind at the straights for no reason'.

They're not 'overly aggressive', you're just in the way.
And oh, um, there is also an 'aggression slider' if you feel like your being bullied on the track :D

Ever think about being able to setup a car properly to go faster and not get run over? I run AI at %95-%99 and dont get 'hit behind at the straights for no reason'.

And oh, um, there is also an 'aggression slider' if you feel like your being bullied on the track :D
You did see that Bruno basically meant 100% AI with 85% aggression and that more than 85% aggression will make the ai hit you?
Maybe read the posts correctly before putting out arrogant statements ;)

Although the AI in AC could be better (they slow down if you slow down near them, don't defend their lines, bad braking behaviour etc) I often still get in the sim and drive against the AI. The competition online might be better however you’ll most of the time just find the usual car & track combos available (GTs at Spa/Monza) which are a borefest imo. Additionally now with the new Custom Shaders and Sol AC feels like a new sim.

I’d also recommend Raceroom if you just want to race against the AI, their adaptive AI is nice and lately you also can race multiclass against them (so for example LMP1 with GT cars).

"you're just in the way" Yes but even having a lot of available space to overtake you, they choose to hit you instead. Thats because with 100% agressiveness they don't care that you are there.

Try it at Paul Ricard

The reason I want mainly to play AC over most other sims is because It performs really well in VR, and with the SOL mod and a good filter it looks absolutely amazing. With a little bit of tweaking to the AI I managed to get a semi-decent competitive race at SPA, albeit after the first turn 3 cars decided to stop for nothing which put me into 2nd, but from then on it was quite a nerve wrenching race which was fun.

Sorry about the quality, only just uploaded the video, it's still processing the higher quality version.

When it comes to racing games I've enjoyed single player more than multi, since I find most people online don't understand the basic rules of racing, leaving a gap, etc they feel driving on the inside using your side of the car as a brake and turning aid completely viable, so my question is with all thje mods out there what is a fun competitive single player for this gam,e?
Single player is very enjoyable in AC.
If you have CM and you should, you can set the AI strength and aggression at different level and you can do it randomly which allow for faster and/or more aggressive AI to start from the back.
Very nice feature which makes for a more realistic racing without the silliness of online SIM racer.

Last edited:
Single player is very enjoyable in AC.
If you have CM and you should, you can set the AI strength and aggression at different level and you can do it randomly which allow for faster and/or more aggressive AI to start from the back.
Very nice feature which makes for a more realistic racing without the silliness of online SIM racer.
If you set the AI strength over the default, they may lose control of the car.

I think you can have a sort of enjoyable race with the AI in AC, not as good as other sims but if you give them some faster cars mixed in the grid and choose the slowest car yourself it can help. There's always restrictor or ballast :p I still find I have to do a few restarts initially to find out where they will do something crazy before it becomes less frustrating though.

Similar to F. Biehne since there isn't often a fun combo to be found online and there is no longer Minorating I have taken to racing the AI from time to time.

I raced this earlier today, it was quite good fun.

Also, you're not going to be able to use the same AI settings at all tracks, nor for all cars. It will take some tweaking to get the right settings for the right grid at the right circuit.

This is partly due to differing quality of AI lines at some tracks, differences in AI behaviours between car types, and your own different abilities in different car types and different tracks. You will have to do some testing to find what works for you.

Being as general as I can go from memory, Spa has pretty decent AI, Lilski's Watkins AI is pretty fast, and Monza is usually pretty good as well. I've had some fantastic AI races at all three of those venues in different types of cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back