Resource icon

Misc Enhanced Graphics Plus 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Follow up: I just restored all the files of the mod to the original ones, and I must report the game did not crash during the rain part. 46% rain, started on L18/58, switched to inters on L22, rain stopped around L39, and I pitted for primes on L41. Finished the race without a crash.

Winner updated Enhanced Graphics Plus with a new update entry:

Balanced rain mist without flickering

Ver 1.2 replaced "some rain mist" and "realistic rain mist" options in ver1.1 with "balanced rain mist" option: more balanced rain mist without flickering. It is not possible to increase the mist without flickering.
Please do not use the no flickering mod if you want realistic rain mist.
Make backups before replacing files.

View attachment 51275

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just hope that you fully understand when the flickering happens and when it doesn't.

I've seen so many people say the flickering is gone with a mod or whatever, and then when I test it, the flickering is only gone when it would be gone in vanilla game anyways, which is after you run the same track for a while, or after you run the same track a second time while the game is still running.

But thanks for the hope. I'll definitely test it out.

That's why it is very tedious to test as I need to cold start the game everytime I make a change and also I select the driver at the back of the grid.

Since I installed the No glare No rain flickering\realistic rain mist files yesterday evening, the game always crashes sometimes after the rain started (100% Melbourne GP, Race Only). I don't know if it's this mod, but before I copied these files yesterday, the game had not crashed since at least 3 months (since I removed the NVIDIA audio driver, in fact).

May be there is conflict with other mods. You can try installing no glare only and then no flickering only to see which one gives problem.

Just checking in to say that the flickering has gone down to almost zero on the three tracks I raced 100% on since installing the mod (India, Abu Dhabi, US).

Thanks a lot Winner!

Just checking in to say that the flickering has gone down to almost zero on the three tracks I raced 100% on since installing the mod (India, Abu Dhabi, US).

Thanks a lot Winner!
Thanks for the info. Wondering why CM do not try to patch it since it will be easier for them as they know how it works.
I think this mod is most likely my last one for F1 2013, enough time spent.

Thanks for the info. Wondering why CM do not try to patch it since it will be easier for them as they know how it works.
"as they know how it works" Yeah.. I wouldn't be so sure! LOL. I actually think the people who know how it works left the company a long time ago.

The guys who made F1 2013 are using an engine that they didn't develop, and do not fully understand. The guys who did the masterpiece that is Dirt3 are the ones who developed the engine, and they no longer work for CM..

At least that is my understanding of the situation. That is why they can't fix it.

Follow up: I just updated my notebook's NVIDIA driver to today's release, and done a full Melbourne race only again with dynamic rain in a 2014 mod, plus your No flickering mod, and everything went perfect. Maybe it was a driver issue which caused the previous crash, who knows?!?

I will now install No glare and report the test after it. OTOH, can't wait for the 2014 track updates now. We're almost there. :)

"as they know how it works" Yeah.. I wouldn't be so sure! LOL. I actually think the people who know how it works left the company a long time ago.

The guys who made F1 2013 are using an engine that they didn't develop, and do not fully understand. The guys who did the masterpiece that is Dirt3 are the ones who developed the engine, and they no longer work for CM..

At least that is my understanding of the situation. That is why they can't fix it.

Oh, so that was the reason ? I can see traces of Dirt in some of the files. lol

Follow up: I just updated my notebook's NVIDIA driver to today's release, and done a full Melbourne race only again with dynamic rain in a 2014 mod, plus your No flickering mod, and everything went perfect. Maybe it was a driver issue which caused the previous crash, who knows?!?

I will now install No glare and report the test after it. OTOH, can't wait for the 2014 track updates now. We're almost there. :)
Thanks for the feedback, glad you are able to install the mod without problem.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you are able to install the mod without problem.

Everything works fine now, and it really looks like it was a grfx driver issue after all!

Thank you so much for all the terrific mods you've given us! Now I can play it as Kimi in 1st career 2014 year, and Nando in GP mode. (Re-started everything with debugging-mod options).

:whistling::laugh::inlove:
__Formula_1_Rolex_Australian_GP__.jpg~original

http://grandprix247.com/videos/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline