F1 2010 Engine,Wing & Tyre Management

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I've seen making these changes on track addressed here before, does anyone know of a way to make the changes using the buttons on a wheel?
I have a PC and a G25 wheel.
Thanks guys, this is a great site...btw

Hi there,

Go into the Game go to "My F1" then Options, scroll down until you see the commands for
Menu Left
Menu Right
Menu Up
Menu Down

Assign them commands to your arrow keys , then ingame push the Arrows to access your management... for example,after assigning them keys ingame if i want the engine to go fast , i push Up Arrow then the Right Arrow and then the Up Arrow again to select my engine to go into "FAST" mode.

Excellent, Thank you fellas, it works great.
To clarify for anyone who reads this: in the manual the keyboard option is 'Selection Menu Option 1,2,3 & 4' and the in game controller options (for wheel) its "Quick Menu Left, Right etc.'.

Hey
If have a good setup for the g25 buttons
Go in the custom setup for the wheel not the defaulth one
Define everything like throttle etc
I use the following :

Rear view : left button on wheel ( i use this very often in a race)
Pit request : button on the g25 dpad

To change a wing etc during race :
Right button wheel : quick menu right
Gear stick up : quick menu up
Gear stick down : quick menu down
Ps gear stick must be in sequential mode not H pattern

Quick menu left ( only needed in the tyre submenu and not frequently used ) button on dpad

Si if i want to change the wing : two quick pushes on the right wheel button, this opens the wing menu, then just gear stick up or down, you can do this without looking away from the screen, very easy
For the engine push the gear stick up and so furrher.... Works very good for me

Pit limiter is another button on the dpad

I have a G27 and after messing with the logitech profiler to map my buttons got me nowhere, I just created a custom wheel setup in game instead of choosing the default one for the G27 provided. Remapped throttle/steering/brake, etc to the obvious corresponding inputs ofc.

3 buttons on the left of the wheel are remapped to be my Dpad so I can do wing/engine/tire settings during race in the blink of an eye
top button = up
middle button = right
lowest button = down

3 buttons on right are as follows:
top button = rear view
middle = pit in request
lowest = pit limiter

That way all the settings I can use during races are on the steering wheel, and I don't even have to look down from the screen to set them while racing. This also allows me not to have to hook up the shifter. Works like a charm for me

Yup that sounds nice i will also use the six buttons on my wheel once i have the g27
But i kind of like using the gear stick fo changing the wing... I will miss that since you cannot put the gearstick in sequential position in the g27 like you can with g25...
Where is your left menu button? Somewhere on the dpad above the stick i suppose

didn't map the 'left' dpad, don't need it really so I have no idea where it is lol. having right, up and down allows you to select all settings for wing engine and tires

added advantage to that is that I can keep both hands on the wheel at all times, unlike you when you need to reach for the shifter.

Yes but its a nice feeling handling the shifter in sequential mode for the wing.... But youare right keeping both hands on the wheel is better
The quick menu left t is for the tyre menu : you have 4 tyre choises, but i guess if you never use intermediate or wet ( dont recall which one is left arrow in quick menu ) you dont need it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back