F1 2013 Engine wear in F1 2013

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I just started my career yesterday with Lotus and finished Australian GP but when i checked the Engine wear it was already Showing 92% life which means 8% is used for 1st race. I used Rich only in Q3. I was P3 in Grid and finished P5.
In 2012 Game the Engine wear is a bit high but not this extreme. Any body else felt that Engine Power is getting decreased Dramatically?
I drive only 100% races and Full race weekend. No Assists with G27 Wheel.

I made a general guide for engine usage a long time ago, if anyone is interested.
Each engine will only do a maximum of 3 races. Some will only do two. Fresh engines are chosen for specific tracks, like Spa and Monza.

The game seems to have it's own engine usage program, but if you change engines at the end of FP3 then it'll be fine.
cheers been after something like this for a while

After long time i was able to finish my 2nd race too.
I felt the wear is higher than 2012 but the performance drop was not that much compared to 12.
Do any body felt like that?

Indeed. The performance drop is not as much as 2012. I tried Suzuka with an 88% engine and also with a 100% one. Same conditions, fuel, tyres, etc...
I m very consistent in every lap and the difference wasn't even half a second. For an 88% engine I think is still good.
Suzuka is not as demanding as SPA, Monza or Silverstone so expect more from this kind of circuits.

I made a general guide for engine usage a long time ago, if anyone is interested.
Each engine will only do a maximum of 3 races. Some will only do two. Fresh engines are chosen for specific tracks, like Spa and Monza.

The game seems to have it's own engine usage program, but if you change engines at the end of FP3 then it'll be fine.

how can i use your data file for the engine peformence :/ I'm a big noob of this and sry for my broken english :<

It is a spreadsheet file.

If you don't have Microsoft Office or anything like it, you can download OpenOffice for free. The page below is the English version, but there are links on the page for other language packs.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

OpenOffice has 6 applications in it, including word processing and spreadsheet applications

Alternatively if you never want to edit a spreadsheet, just open and read the file, then Microsoft have an Excel viewer.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=10

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing