Engine Stalls

I have a really strange problem and that is that after about 1 lap the engine stalls and I can't restart it.
The engine just suddenly stops.
I have the feeling it is something in the settings, but I don't know what.

Very strange indeed - can't think of any in game settings that could cause this. Are all other controls still working? When you press brakes do the brake lights come on, can you flash your lights, change gear etc etc? The only time I have seen something similar to this are
1. When the lead connecting the pedals to the wheel has been pulled out or damaged, this causes all other controls to still function (except pedals) and the car will coast to a standstill and may appear to have stalled.
2. When the deadzone on the brake pedal needs to be increased because the brake pedal is regitering a constant press - although this fault would not occour after 1 lap like yours.
3. When another piece of hardware, or the software running it, have interfered with the working of the wheel or pedal set, again unlikely because of the 1 lap delay before it happens, its usually there when you get in game and, for me was the result of too many similar input devices on a USB hub.

Hope some of this helps and it would be interesting if you posted to say what it was, if you find out.

Another possible - I don't know so may be well wrong here - could it be you have accidentally mapped a button to cut engine (if such a control exists) - maybe your catching this button by acciddent after about one lap??

if understand i right its on all cars (including mod cars) and all tracks (including mod tracks)
cant guess about whats wrong must did you tryed to reinstall the base game ??
save your mods, tracks, skins and userfiles befor if the problem still exist add mod by mod
maybe one of the mods couse this issue if that fails too RMA the wheel

Thanks Ben! That solved the problem.
But do I not need them to start the engine after a pitstop?

You do if you spin the car and have Auto CLutch off.

But with pitstops you don't need them assigned, but your pitstop will be quicker if they are assigned
Just try assigning the keys (Ignition and starter) to something else.

What did you have it on B4?

Looks like SimRaceway gave you a dodgy G27 :p

technology_153a_005.jpg

I have My Igntion and Starter button as the Red Buttons (Furthest right is Starter and the button next to it is the Ignition)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%