Engine sound goes away

Hi Everyone,

My game sound (engine) seems to go away from time to time. I can't really determine if there is a pattern to it but it always seems to happen online when a race start or a few cars together. When the engine sound doesn't go away/flutter it seems to change to a "Tunnel" effect and would then just return to normal.

I have also experienced this during offline hotlapping when my car is close or in my own ghost but I can't say for sure. What makes this a pain is that it always happens at the start of a race so you have to look at the rev vounter to change gears and wait until the sound returns.

Anyone else seen/heard this?

Thanks

I have this issue sometimes too, especially noticeable in the WTCC BMWs at high revs. It is not OS/Driverversion related (XP, Vista or Win 7).
I am using a Creative X-Fi Soundcard, maybe its a issue of the soundcard driver itself or not - you are not alone. :victory:

I started hearing it more on the BMW E90 and it then spread to the Mini's. It is so frustrating because when there are loads of cars together you can't hear the engine sound at all.

I still have the old 925 Fatal1ty motherboard with intigrated soundcard so I might try and reinstall those drivers again although everything else work. I also recently updated Direct X...If I find a solution I'll post it here...

10/1 a dodgy connection somewhere :lol:

I have this issue sometimes too, especially noticeable in the WTCC BMWs at high revs. It is not OS/Driverversion related (XP, Vista or Win 7).
I am using a Creative X-Fi Soundcard, maybe its a issue of the soundcard driver itself or not - you are not alone. :victory:

FFS this is driving me crazy!!! You compete and can hear zip all when there are a few cars around.

So much for a bloody Mini race :weep:

No one else a idea where I can look?

The sound doesn't go away completely it just sound if all the car engines are thrown into a mix and you can't make out nothing. Then all of a sudden it will come back to your normal car sound en go away...

I have the same issue, and Ive updated everything possible, and it still does it. The hardest part is the start. I can still hear the other engines but cannot hear mine. Ive just recently been watching my RPMS at the start to determine cshifting.

If I find a fix I will post here.

Thanks.... Yeah when starting a race you are left blind having to watch the rev counter instead of judging by engine sound. Approaching corners when a few people are together is just as horrible when you can't hear anything. By the likes of it we seem to have the same problem.

In last nights Mini race it happened when there were just 2 of us close together in the race. I am also scouting Google but there isn't much out there to try and determine what it can be.

I will also post here if I get to solve anything :)

I have the same issue, and Ive updated everything possible, and it still does it. The hardest part is the start. I can still hear the other engines but cannot hear mine. Ive just recently been watching my RPMS at the start to determine cshifting.

If I find a fix I will post here.

Sound problems... Thank god mine isn't that bad. I get a bad stutter when i have had the game on for 4-6 hours nonstop. It starts by dropping a few frames now and then finally it is just a chaos of br__BR_RB_br_____Br_B_B__BR if you get the picture.. It is worse when there's onboard and menu music on, then it doesn't take more than 3 hours. From what my problem is ther ingame sound engine drops audio-frames from time to time and they start to pile up glogging the whole sound system at the end.

But the way you guys have it, is different. Must be a hardware issue, otherwise it would more common. I do have similar issues with other games but when i turn of the 5.1 surround it stops. You guys, do you use surround sound?

I guess there is some issue's with 5.1 with some audio cards with Evo, are any of you running in Mono also?

Have you guys tried changing volume levels in audio settings.

It's hard for me to find a problem as I run double digit professional audio cards and never experience any sound problems in the game.

Will try think of something though.

Think I will go basic setting on my soundcard and related programs to see if it is any better. I still have the first 775 Fatal1ty motherboard which has onboard sound but this is the only application or game where I am experiencing this odd issue.

I am going to listen to a few race replays to see if it is present there and if so I'll post a video of how it sounds.

Edit: Yes, the sound breakups are in the replay as well. Will get something to record the video and post it on YT...

Thx

I only really have racing games but it doesn't happen in rFactor or LFS. On the other hand I don't play them that much and might not have noticed the issue.

Download/installed new audio drivers this afternoon so I'll give it a go online tonight to see if it is any better...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%