F1 2012 Engine life vs power output

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I know it's been asked and answered already (at least for F1 2011), but: at what % does the engine produce noticably less power, than a brand new one?
I'm currently during practice in Bahrain (4th race) and I'm still on my first engine, so it's already down to 84% and I'm considering changing it for a new one before the race. So is it worth it, or should I leave a new one for Catalunya?
Whaddya think?

You can change it every 3 races if you wish. I forgot to change it in first 6 races(with torro roso), and got to Canada with 77%, forgot it again. And then I was locked in 18th place, closer to Caterham then front field.:( See how much you damage him in practice for Bahrain and decide.

Weeeell... I didn't change it after all, so it's at 82% for the race. It PROBABLY hurt me a bit in qualifying, cause I barely got through to Q3 and couldn't get higher than 10th, but it might've as well been just my driving :D since I even did purple times in sector 1, but kept losing a LOT in sector 2 :unsure:

You're going to start the practice session on the old engine anyway, so just stick with it and change it for a new one by the end of the session, unless you're already quick enough in Bahrain, that you don't need more training and want to skip straight to qualifying sessions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back