F1 2012 Engine damaged for no reason?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
It seems that my engine is getting damaged all the time - and I don't know why. I couldn't see any smoke so it's for no apparent reason like shifting too quickly. Mostly running normal mix and having used a wet setup (first 40 laps were dry) I can't imagine overreving too much.

Granted, this was the third race for this particular engine (was at 94% in practice, didn't check in qualifying / before the race) but I didn't notice a decrease in performance at any point during the race. The color changed from light brown to this to this over the course of the race.

111111.jpg

Oh, well. It was like that in Malaysia as well. And in Australia. However, the engine is shown in white when I start the next race. Will check if it's the same in Bahrain, going to swap engines for the fourth race anyway. :)

This one survived 3 races and I won all of them, so they had some heavy load on them - might be just that?

Guess it was something regarding the wear. Looking to the status hud looks like there is no damage to the gearbox, so really doesn't look its downshifting related. Looks like finally CM improved the engine wear system. First time i saw one of my engines below 95% on CM's F1! :D

Guess it was something regarding the wear. Looking to the status hud looks like there is no damage to the gearbox, so really doesn't look its downshifting related. Looks like finally CM improved the engine wear system. First time i saw one of my engines below 95% on CM's F1! :D

Is the gearbox icon the triangle part?
I've been wondering what that is since the 2011 game. When it's damaged i can hear "flapping" in the back end of the car at high speeds....

Is the gearbox icon the triangle part?
I've been wondering what that is since the 2011 game. When it's damaged i can hear "flapping" in the back end of the car at high speeds....
Yeap, its the triangle.
If you do a lot of fast downshifts on purpose you will see that after some time the triangle will change its color to tell its damaged. Actually i've did some tests to see this "damage" and it works good, you lose the gears. But like its random, because lets say you lose gear 3, then you do some laps and the gear 3 magically starts to work again, but then you won't be able to use another "random" gear :roflmao:

Good to see I'm not the only one.
Had a 50% race today in Australia (career, Force India). Started with fresh and new engine. When the lights go out my engine offers 99% health, not too bad. After 19 laps smoke came out of the enine and on the car status the engine was dark brown. Its health level dropped consistently, from white, to light yellow after 10 laps and to dark yellow after 15 laps. I restarted the race because there was no reason for this problem. I played 25% because I had time pressure. After only 2 laps (lap 2 on mix 3) my engine was already warked as yellow. I short-shifted every corner from the start on. After 10 of 15 laps it was dark yellow but I could make it to the end. Lost 5 places and ened up in seventh position. Can anybody explain me why this happend twice? Seemed like it was predertermined to blow up.

I get this often in online races too, not as bad as that but just light yellow wear. It doesn't happen all the time but every other race I also get KERS and DRS failures and even sometimes where I can't switch to rich fuel and this happens in both the race and qualifying which is frustrating when it is an online race with equal cars.

There are so many odd failures in this game that happen way too often

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back