F1 2012 Engine blown Force India standard setup (Annoying)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a really (imo) annoying thing going on with the f1 2012... The Engine gets blown every time i start breaking a bit more aggressively on turn number one in Melbourne. So my question is, should i take care more of the car and not go into much aggressive driving, or is a bug from the game.

I use the standard setup, and after just one regular lap with it, the engine starts a rattling sound and there is a smoke behind.

That's the result from F1 2011. I'm glad I wasn't overreving in 2011 too. Anyways, just start downshifting 1 second after you've started braking. I don't know how you blow your engines, haven't blown one on a raceday. Braking aggressively doesn't mean extremely fast downshifting. It means braking aggressively. :)

Yes, I kept blowing the gearbox on Melbourne into turn 1 with the Force India as well, and the only reason was because I was flipping the downshift paddle as fast as I could. But in that braking zone you have PLENTY of time to drop just 3 gears, so try going slower with the down shifting. I brake just as hard there, really late, but I pause between down shifts to let revs drop a little, and I dont explode anymore..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%