Vehicles: Renault Alpine a110 1100 vs Lotus Elite
Track: Zandvoort 79
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 10 mins (joining time)
Qualification: 45 mins (no lap limit)
Warmup: 3 mins
Race: 60 mins
Weather: Rain - 50%
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Terrain Patch will be ON
Note3: You can choose either car for the race - no changing vehicle once quali sessions begins

Entry List
  1. Stuart Thomson - Renault Alpine
  2. Hans Sneep - Lotus Elite
  3. Neil Tasker - Lotus Elite
  4. Nigel Middleton - Lotus Elite
  5. Neil Gault
  6. Tudor Morris - Lotus Elite
  7. Wayne Reed - Lotus Elite
  8. Tim Ling
  9. Jack Smith
  10. Ross McGregor
  11. Bob Hutchins
  12. Carlos Diaz
  13. Dmytro Botnarenko
  14. Martin Vrba
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver

A very difficult race for me last night, not sure which tyres to pick so i went for intermediates and then tried soft wets, but was still a little off the pace. Found it very difficult to drive the little Elite compared to the one in GTL due to an overwhelming feeling of understeer, and this made it doubly hard to be 'smooth'. Funnily enough, once i started throwing it about a bit the lap times got quicker! (Still nowhere near Martin though)

At the 2nd start, rocket bob rocketed straight into the back of me (d'oh!) and earned a stop/go, while i picked my way through to 5th, which became 4th when Thommo went off. I was about 10s behind Wayne in 3rd and had Carl behind closing in until a massive bit of lag took me off the track, with Carl also having to take evasive action. Carl went past and drove away until later on in the race when we both caught Wayne. However, while me and Carl battled, Wayne got away again and Dmytro caught us both up while we did synchronised off-roading and went past into 3rd.

Cheers for the restart Thommo, and thanks for setting this up.

Q: Had a good pace in quly not as fast as martin (dam you where fast :)) kept on taking time of my PB and in the end got 2nd.

Race: The start all went wrong a lot of people got jump starts and me I put the car in reverse and went strait into Carl very sorry about that (note to self I really need to sort my race start nerve's)

The Restart: It went better and got away in 3rd and just kept pushing to catch Tudor Morris then I got past him he did stay with me for 2 or 3 laps then I see in my rear view that he went of and hit the wall really hard. After that I just kept pushing was about 15 sec behind Martin and about 24 sec ahead of Carl and Ross then I had a massive server lag moment and took my time down to just over 6 sec from Carl. then it did it again now done to 1.5 sec and Carl was all over me like a cheap suite. he come past me into T1 then he went wide into T3 and I got back past. Then it all went wrong for Carl and Ross and I pulled away again and got my time back up to 10 sec with 4 minuets left of the race and just put my head down and came 2nd. :D :D

Well done to Martin for the win you where just so dame fast :)

Round up: very clean racing again. But the server lag was a joke almost cost me my 2nd place and many other almost out of the race over it.

Well, this was a hard race...hard to get onto the server to race, and hard to finish the race.

After a new installation of Windows 7 on Tuesday, I re-installed GTR2 and P&G2 all fresh and new! But on Friday, P&G2 decided that it wasn't going to work. I couldn't get onto the server with the Alpine, and with the Elite I got frequent hard pc crashes (as in "hold-the-button-to-turn-off") as well as CTD's. I deleted the P&G2 install and reinstalled it. Better but no cigar. I re-installed DX9. Still no joy. By now it was 7.30ish.
Deleted the install and re-installed. P&G2 only, no patch. Started it, tried the Alpine on a track...worked ok. Installed the patch, the added the track and tried it offline. Alpine & Elite worked. Installed XD and joined the server.
It worked ok, including the Alpine. What a PITA!

The race...Qualied near the back, but above Thommo, though I'm sure one more lap would have seen him faster than me. After the restart I ended up last after backing off to avoid people. Had some fights through the race, including managing to keep Nigel M behind me for a while, but my usual loss of concentration saw enough rallying to keep me at the back.
For the last 15 minutes I was in pain because of the stupid chair I was using; my butt hurt, my back hurt, I just wanted the race to end! That caused even more off road events, and I just made it past Jacko to take 2nd to last. As Hutcho said, at least I finished the race :cool:

I finished last and deserved it. Very inconsistant. I believe that I seldon had a clean lap and by 2/3 race completion my enthusiasm was not in it but I'm stubborn and I stuck it out to the end. I went off track several times when letting lappers go by for Pete's sake. At one point there were two cars behind me. I checked in the rear view to get a clean look to verify if they were lappers or not. The first one was so I let him by, the second I though was Tim but I wasn't sure, who was closing the gap between us quickly. Yep it was him but then I accidently went off the track as I comfirmed his identity. I had a little burst of energy trying to catch him after that but kept making too many errors to be a threat to the inspector plus his pace was a bit quicker than mind anyway.

:frown:Another few hours of crawling on my knees and flogging myself with a cat and ninetails should be enough penance for this race. Hard way to go get the mail.

:wink:The sore ass Tim was a voodoo doll thing I have been using. Thanks for confirming it's effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 168 7.9%