Endurance with the Formula 2000 car

Hey guys I can't do better than 56s and with anything other than the default setup I'm even slower. Can't figure out why, probably braking too early and too late.

Should I sit this one out get some practice and wait for the next race? I just downloaded Netkar last week so I gotta get used to it a little, but I'm definitely interested in participating in races!
Thanks

Oh yeah and I should say thanks ALOT for sharing these setups! I'm sure they'll be useful when I'm more in control ;)

Hey Paul, TBH mate, the best practice is a race, but thats just my opinion, but I fully understand what your saying, alot comes down to confidence too mate.
Your the only one who can really make the call as to race or not, hope to see you for the enduro, but if not it's all good.

Cheers

I reckon I can get to 53s but in race will probably be running around 55=56 just to survive. Don't worry about being off the pace because the race is for all and not everyone will be doing pbs in the race.

Should I sit this one out get some practice and wait for the next race? I just downloaded Netkar last week so I gotta get used to it a little, but I'm definitely interested in participating in races!

Nah, just join :good:
Like Bjorn puts in the sign-up post: "Keep in mind this event is about fun and respect, winning is secondary."
The more, the merrier :)

I'm very new to the game myself. Only did one race before this one, and that was on Spa with 4-5 people, so I was alone most of the time anyway. This will be my first real race :eek:. My goal is just to survive to the end, and not hit anyone :D

The first lap I slammed into a car that appeared all of a sudden in front of me! Either my connecton is bad or the server has a problem,very very choppy and in practice my wheel lost connection. Oh well Had to retire was just getting in the way after that. Sorry to whoever it was I rear ended it wasn't intentional!

Thanks for the race guys!!
I have to say for my 2 crashes sorry first but i saw the replay and i dont think that it was my fault..I say this because im new to nkpro and i know about the problem about touching someone and i dont want to give u the wrong impresion... ;)
I want to be a fair racer!
Anyway im looking forward to the next race!!!

some fast guys here tonight. Had a good start into 2nd for a few laps but, as usual, I spun on the turn 1 kerbs, then bumped the final wall on about the 20th lap. I noticed a few guys lagging really badly every now and then but it caused no problems for me in the end. Cheers, it was a good hard hour+ of racing.

Hi guys, glad to hear most of you had a good race.:D

Paul, dont let it put you off racing online mate, sounds like you suffered some definite lag.:frown:

I'm sorry I missed out, I attempted to join just before 3am (17.00GMT+8=03.00) as this is what time I thought practise started, 19.00GMT, but I think the race had already begun at this point.
Did I make an error in my time conversion?:confused:
I also noticed my ping was 3000:eek: when I attempted to join.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Cheers

I'm sorry I missed out, I attempted to join just before 3am (17.00GMT+8=03.00) as this is what time I thought practise started, 19.00GMT, but I think the race had already begun at this point.
Did I make an error in my time conversion?:confused:

I tried to join a couple of minutes before the event started, but the race was already in progress. That was just the server going through it's practice-quali-race loop. I guess Bjorn reset it, and I could join a couple of minutes later.

Andrew, GMT is all over the place as we are still in daylight saving up here. So 17 + 8 = 25 so either 1am or 2am depending.
I use an app called Game Booster which closes everything in the background you don't need - antivirus, firewalls etc. It takes a load off the cpu and gives back about 300mb of memory , at least for me.
Anyone new to netkar can be put off by its lack of onscreen race info. F9 will bring up the leader board by which you can deduce who is where on the track. Then it is just looking in your mirrors to see who is behind you or hitting the Tab key to bring up their name over the car. I had to think about all this to see who I was racing, although you do get blue flags for the leaders coming up behind. Anyway, that was one hard race and the level of fast consistent laps by the top 3 was quite something. roll on the next one.:cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back