ACC Endurance Series Test Event @ Barcelona - Mon 23rd January 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
A bit disappointed, a poor first lap... I didn’t see Klengel and knock the side off him in-which I ended up off track and in last position. Luckily Klengel was unaffected :)

Had to fight back from 13th to 5th but then approaching Oliver I done my second mistake and spun out behind him. Argh!

Enjoyed the race though, it was fun racing back through the field!

Grats on the win Chris and cheers for setting this up!

Last edited:
Great first race! Congrats to the podiums!
The first stint was amazing, I had great fights with Chris and Harry. Unfortunately, I ruined my race by ignoring the pit rules and ended up in P9. Looking forward to the season races. Btw, the statistics page is pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Very nice to have ACC back here on racedepartment.com. A big thank you to Chris for organizing and his help when needed.

The Test race today was a big surprise because i struggeld the last days with my driving, pace and what car i choose.
In the end i got my Handys back on the Lexus wheel, and they will stay there. With some minor changes to the setup i had a good qualy, the first surprise because i easily got in to the mid/low 45.
The race was the next surprise. After a solid but no great Start i lost 3 places i think. Got one back after 3 laps i think and than the other two after the Porsche fight in front of me got serious.
With clean air and view i found a good and steady pace. Only the fast catching Will made some pressure until he spun in turn 1. A late pitstop, a rusty but safe one, brought me back in P4 on track. I could hold the position with a good and steady pace to the end.
Hopefully i can keep some pace from tonight to the next races.

Nice that we had so many guys showing up today, looking forward to next week.

Endurance Series Test - Post Race
Race Laps: 34
Fastest Lap: Hazzatron19 - 01:44.635

Pole Position - bobbyD_
pole.jpg

Race Winner - SwannyUK
1st.jpg

Screenshots
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Very cool format this, but this confirmed that i need to find some pace in ACC. Next time more practice and preparation. And setup ofcouse, what do you guys do with that?

Will consider if i join next monday. Sorry again Taj Johal for hitting you.

Last edited:
Very cool format this, but this confirmed that i need to find some pace in ACC. Next time more practice and preparation. And setup ofcouse, what do you guys do with that?

If the weather was fixed we would usually be able to see what it was set to on SGP then set the same conditions and time of day in an offline practice session.

With this format you get a rough idea (once I publish the thread) of what the weather might do but it can change. Best advice is try a few cars on the track with the same conditions using the aggressive setup. I'd do 5 laps, come in and tweak the tyre pressures so they are around 27.5-27.8 hot then go out and see how it feels. Play around with the TC, ABS and brake bias and learn to really lean on the brakes, especially when trail braking.

Once you pick a car you like try and stick with it for the season. Nothing throws you off more than jumping between cars.

Last edited:

If you have any questions, just message or post on here :) Following on from what Chris said, try and find a car that suits your style of driving. You get the most from a car when you are comfortable and consistant. It better to build up pace over laps rather than one quick lap then 5 slow. For me on ACC, I started with Aston, then tried the Ferrari. I found it was grippier and I could extract more pace from it. But I found myself making alot of mistakes as its a bit tail happy on entry and braking. Through that I have found I more comfortable with front engineed cars over rear. The Astons, Merc, Bently, BMW, Nissan and Lexus are all in that catagory. But if you prefer a car that needs more of a delicate touch but is can quick when driven correct, rear enginned all the way! Thats just my experience anyway.

If you have any questions, just message or post on here :) Following on from what Chris said, try and find a car that suits your style of driving. You get the most from a car when you are comfortable and consistant. It better to build up pace over laps rather than one quick lap then 5 slow. For me on ACC, I started with Aston, then tried the Ferrari. I found it was grippier and I could extract more pace from it. But I found myself making alot of mistakes as its a bit tail happy on entry and braking. Through that I have found I more comfortable with front engineed cars over rear. The Astons, Merc, Bently, BMW, Nissan and Lexus are all in that catagory. But if you prefer a car that needs more of a delicate touch but is can quick when driven correct, rear enginned all the way! Thats just my experience anyway.
Exactly this ^. I loved how fast the McLaren was and how much grip it had but over a long run I'd end up losing more time because some bumps would cause it to step out on me etc.

Exactly this ^. I loved how fast the McLaren was and how much grip it had but over a long run I'd end up losing more time because some bumps would cause it to step out on me etc.
http://www.fullthrottlesimracing.ne...gorised/163-oval-problem-solution-setup-sheet

There are plenty of simple setup solution sheets like this out there if you
Also there are plenty of setup sheets out there like this one below:

They are great for spring rates, bars, toes and over bits. Just not dampers but don’t worry about them that’s a mine field with very little gain

The usual race for me, got hit, sent to the back of the field, worked my way back up the field, finished 6th.

But had a great battle with Riccardo in the 911 in the middle of the race, before and after the pitstop, hard but clean :thumbsup:
His setup looked very loose but mine was very understeery I went too conservative. found 5 tenths after wards just by changing the aero balance :redface:

View attachment 632124

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread.

All premium members can sign up for this event.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here

*We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair*

Voice chat is available on Discord if you want to chat

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Endurance Series Test
Server Password: Can be found HERE

20:00 UTC/GMT 25 minute practice
20:25 UTC/GMT 15 minute qualifying
20:40 UTC/GMT 1 hour race
TimeZone converter if needed

Mandatory stop with tyre change (pit any time, no window)
Random weather with accelerated time

We no longer user SGP so to sign up for this event simply reply on this thread and I'll add you to the entry list.

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR REAL NAME IS SET ON YOUR RD PROFILE AND MATCHES YOUR IN GAME NAME

Entry List

SwannyUK
Trox
sebastalona
Piotrek Blaszczak
Taj Johal
Hazzatron19
bobbyD_
Kistche
HunterStriker777
Akephoe
thehenrym
mklengel
RicardoJorge92
Reefabus
A Rozendom
Interslice
View attachment 632124

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

*We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair*

We no longer user SGP so to sign up for this event simply reply on this thread and I'll add you to the entry list.

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR REAL NAME IS SET ON YOUR RD PROFILE AND MATCHES YOUR IN GAME NAME

Entry List

SwannyUK
Trox
sebastalona
Piotrek Blaszczak
Taj Johal
Hazzatron19
bobbyD_
Kistche
HunterStriker777
Akephoe
thehenrym
mklengel
RicardoJorge92
Reefabus
A Rozendom
Interslice
View attachment 632124

Entry List

SwannyUK
Trox
sebastalona
Piotrek Blaszczak
Taj Johal
Hazzatron19
bobbyD_
Kistche
HunterStriker777
Akephoe
thehenrym