rF2 Endurance Series @ Sebring - Sat January 15th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
very sorry martin, i feel like a right tool. don't know what happened, been round that last corner 100 times without an issue and then come race and the back end just starts going round and that was that. strange thing is, i went to pits, got repairs, and 1st lap out the exact same thing happened, and i was being really careful that time ???

Ah well fun while it lasted, Colin spun at the end of lap 1, I decided to go left should have gone right and got clipped and then totaled by someone else as they came round, game over.

It must`ve been you i hit then.

Tried turning right as best as i could to avoid you but it was a no go.

On the plus side i floated straight into the pits lol

On the down side, the car was pants after the repairs and was only very slightly faster than the GT1 cars.
After a few laps of driving, the thing just snap oversteered into the wall and the suspension was even worse. Couldn`t be hassled with driving all the way back to pits just to wait another laps worth of time for it to be half repaired, so i quit.

Very disappointing as i`ve been waiting for an enduro event i can actually enter for ages. ARGGGHH!!!!

Onwards and upwards eh............... WTM to look forward to now.

A clean start for me but in the first hairpin missed the brake point and went straight, rejoined the track in the same point but got a stop and go penalty, start of problems.. some laps latter in a lapping maneuver at the end of the main straight/first turn between a Peugeot and I think a Epsilon, the p1s make their move so I maintain the left side, the Peugeot pass in the braking but in the first turn already the Epsilon hit me in the right back, again to pits without nose. And then some networks issues and eventually lost the connection :(

Maybe 40 minutes of racing..

Race report - David Fidock - GT2

Quali - P2 of the gt2 class wernt happy with it made a mistake,

Race - Had gd clean start, spent the 1st 5laps letting the tyres come to me before going for it, after a while the leader of gt2 spun,
so i went to p1,, no mistakes at all,
all my times were fast and consistant, was winning gt2 by 2laps when i pitted, pitstop took 30seconds, and as i pulled away my engine blew,

well gutted, nvm was good experiance in my 1st race and looking 4ward to the next 1,

great racing lads,

Hey guys :)

Great fun, mostly great driving overall :)

Race report from me, well I qualified, chuffed with that considering it was my first lap ever in that car, and then during the race climbed up to 2nd place. From then on I was just minding my own business, and then on lap 17, a backmarker exited the pits and shot across onto the racing line, I couldn't slow down in time, and my car went underneath his, flipping him, and tearing my front end off. So back to the pits, repairs, come back out in 6th, 1 lap down. Work my way back up to 3rd after pitstops. I was just coasting round looking after fuel. Ross was catching so I picked up the pace a little bit. Then got caught up in backmarkers again, gap down to 0.7s. On the last lap, coming into T4 on the brakes, left front tyre blew :( Gutted. Limped the car home to 4th place. Well done to the podium, and well done Ross, good pressure :)

Cheers guys

Painfull night of woefull bad pace and just generally being rubbish,removing half the front parts of the car on the inside wall of T1 couldnt have helped im sure?....the thing would barley turn at all and i was not looking forward to the next 88mins at all,decided to plod on and get it repaired at the pits,done that and changed the fronts,not long after that i really regreted not changing all 4 tyres as the back end started to get more and more lively,tragically stumbled on to the finish,the idea mainly was some laps around the track for tomorrows RDGTC final round,but its just left me dreading it more now.....

Thanks for having me at late notice Lee and thanks RD

Qual - Came in late but managed to throw something together from a setup for another track. Got P2.

Race - Stuck with Warwick as much as possible through the first lap as I knew from qual that I was quicker in the final sector. It paid off and I nipped up the inside at the final turn to take the lead. I ran this as a simulation for the RDLMS race with a full tank and new tyres at my stop, this allowed Warwick to get very close after we both stopped (I assume he didnt take tyres).

I just settled back into a groove when I thought I'd see how early I could put the power down coming out of the last corner, turns out you cant do it that early. I looped it and took the front off. The pitstop lost me 1min and dropped me 10secs behind Warwick with 10mins to go so I cranked up the boost and went after him passing him at the start of the final lap.

Great racing from all, sorry if I divebombed anyone. Congrats winners and podiums

Great Race! my first one so was just looking for experience. lost my GT2 seat as didnt think i was gunna make it so took the last P1! finished 8th overall but last by a mile in my class lol just glad to have finished after i didnt qualify so had to make my way through the field. Thanks to all drivers and well done winners and podiums :)

Think that was one of my better races of late, nice combination of decent pace, no mistakes, good strategy and a splash of luck.

Quali: Didn't have any time to practice before 20:00 this evening, however I had a Spa setup which worked nicely and managed to quali 5th in class behind some 'friends.'

Race: Got a good start and a decent run out of the final turn. Didn't make any places but stayed close to the leading four. I was planning not to change tyres and I worked out how much fuel I needed pretty well (ended the race with 4L left). Didn't make many places until the stops, which after they panned out I was leading by roughly 10 seconds. With the demise of George Talbot and Ian Bundell the only challenge I had left was the Patel's luckily their net dropped and the win was secured.

Good practice for the RDLMS!

Well done to all class winners!

Thanks to RD for organising.

Qualifying: LMP2 pole, and 4th overall.

Race: A very lonely and uneventful race - more like an extended hotlapping session with traffic thrown in. It was fun lapping the GT cars though... every time I passed Richard and Gary, I wished I was in their class just so I could follow them and enjoy the sound of that Saleen! :tongue:
I miscalculated my fuel load, which meant that I had to pit for fuel twice, but I held the LMP2 lead the whole time. I finished 6th overall and first in class.

My qualy was a bit difficult. I tested something which was not as good as hoped. Lost 4/10 to my PB. But P2 in the LMP2 class and P5 overall anyway.

In the first lap I got caught by the cold tires. On the exit of turn 5, I was almost through, the car stepped out. I almost got it handled, but just almost... Hit the barrier hardly and went slowly to the pits for repair. That cost me over a lap, about 5-6 km/h topspeed, a bit of the good car handling and almost 2secs overall laptime... But with consistent driving (except one spin because I was not in my rythm after the unexpected pitstop) I ended up 2nd in the class and 7th overall.

Thank you very much to everyone who was involved into this. :)

Started 26th in the middle of the GT2 class, got my right side and back damaged for whatever reasons during the formation lap, seen some dangerous things going on in the first lap, stayed back for some time, made a major mistake while trying to overtake a F430 inside the last turn towards the finish line and ended up in the pit wall with a damaged car, entered the pits for repairs, got a drive-through penalty, made my way back into the race, had to gather some fuel and fresh tires 10 mins before the end of the race (was not planned), crossed the finish line last.

But all in all it was a great event and awesome to experience this mod in a mixed field of starters! I hope to see more of this.

:good:

was winning gt2 by 2laps when i pitted, pitstop took 30seconds, and as i pulled away my engine blew,
Awful short laps you were driving, I pitted one lap earlier than you, but I was +/- 10 sec behind you before that ;)

Oh well, I trained a lot, a found that the Ferrari was the car I could drive most consistent with. However, today, I was unable to get any consistency or speed in it. So i switched to the old 996. That was a wise move. I drove 2.09-2.11 laps without one 2.13, the two pit stop laps, and the lap were Rhys Gardiner spun me around. Oh, and I had four laps on 2.08.5 - 2.09 and my fastest lap was my last. Extremely good race from my site, no mistakes what so ever. Only once did I loose time, and that was when I got spunned early in the race.

The formation lap was also a bit frustrating. It seemed like the GT2 leader also made room between GT2 and GT1? That made for some tough driving, and unsure behaviour in the back.

Oh well, my first victory ever, in any kind of race (with more participants than 3). And I absolutely love GT2 + H-box! :D Maybe RDLMS is something to think about in the future for me...

EDIT: Daniel Lovett, I don't know what others think, but I would like people keeping to flashing lights only, not driving with them on. But, that might just be me ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back