rF2 Endurance Series @ Sebring - Sat January 15th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It was a nice start to my racing here at Race Department. It wasn't easy getting up @ 7am on Sunday morning after having very little
sleep (sick 7yr old son kept me
up of the last couple of nights).

Jumped on the server and got a couple of laps in before it ticked over to qual. I was happy to grab pole after only being awake for a short time and no real setup work.

With not a great deal of time on this mod, I really had no idea strategy wise what to do. I put a full tank and hard tyres on, and planned to pit half way for four fresh tyres.

I ran one boost and no traction control. I started the race and really just wanted to finish and chalk up some race miles in these cars. I had a couple of moments. A couple of spins trying to dodge lapped cars and a couple of my own doing.

After loosing too much time with the first couple of mistakes, a decided to change the strategy on the fly and ran the fuel out and just pit foe fuel. It helped a little but the car was a bit bent and I just didn't have confidence in the cars grip level.

I was (still am) very tired and am very pleased that I was able to finish at all, let alone on the podium. I just didnt have the car or tyres to fight off Tim off at the end there.

It was a great experience and I will only be more prepared and experienced for the next race.

Had a very busy race tonight, and after some early technical gremlins i qualified 3rd in the ORECA Pug 908.
At the beginning of the race i was under pressure from Chris and made a couple of errors which let him through. Soon after I beached the car on a kerb and had a spin, something that had never happened in praccy. After that i kept going with my 'game-plan' of looking after the engine, fuel and tyres, and after battling through traffic lap after lap i made my first and only pit stop 50 minutes in.

Exited just behind Chris which was confusing as i'd seen him have an off earlier in the race, but he had indeed caught and passed me while i'd been toddling along in 3rd place. The gap increased to 14s at one point, and with plenty of fuel, tyre and engine life still remaining, i cranked up the boost and set about putting in some quick laps with 20 minutes to go. As the gap decreased further, i drove a little quicker, and we were separated by under a second going on to the final lap. At turn 4 Chris slid straight on with what turned out to be a flat tyre, and i was able to cruise round on the last lap.

As it turns out i was way too conservative with my setup, but i still thoroughly enjoyed turning out laps in this car/track combo. Thanks to all the GT/LMP guys who moved over and let me pass safely, and thanks to Chris for the interesting race! Well done winners and finishers, mixed class racing isn't easy but from my experience tonight it can be done safely.

Thanks to RD & the admins for this!

I qualified 4th in LMP2 and I think 7-8th overall.

I had a good start and a good first lap. I passed the two Acuras in front of me and was right behind Rhys Gardiner. Then I had a fight with one of the Euskadi guys (Magnus Dahlgren I guess) and then Lee Palmer. While fighting with them, Gardiner opened up a 5-6sec lead which was eventually cut down to less than a second because of an accident he had. I was right behind his gearbox, until car hit the ground at the start of the middle sector and I spun. I tried to hang on afterwards but the pace obviously wasn't there.

It was a productive race for me because I think I had a decent setup for the Sebring 6 hours but it wasn't obviously the case. I had massive understeer with the hard tires and I should work on it.

Great field, great track, great mod.

Thanks all for showing up last night !

Could I just say, as an observation, there were a lot of prototypes spinning off and loosing control on sections of the track were they really did not need to.

I know there is a sense of general snobbery in the community when it comes to the use of traction control but this mod is designed to use it and the prototypes especially should be running it (indeed the real prototypes are undriveable with out it). Perhaps next time some of the prototype drivers could try running a spot of traction control to avoid spinning out left right and centre.

As expected a fantastic race in the gt2s, five way fight at the start...

I was 4th on the grid, but got past ian...he tried a move on me in the last corner, but spun it trying to get on the power too early (im sure i didnt nudge u into that one lol)...

I was easily keeping up with george and muhammed, but traffic cost me a few secs. George then went off, meaning mo, me n richard were the leading three...me n my brother needed new tyres n over teamspeak mo learned richard didnt, so then came the push signal.

After the stops, rich jumped us both, but we started taking time off him. Mo catching richard, and me catching them both, i think there were 7secs between the three of us, and at the rate we were going, it looked set for a grandstand finish. Then o2 let us down...race over! But in this case, who cares, fun is what i came for, and thats what i got :D

Could I just say, as an observation, there were a lot of prototypes spinning off and loosing control on sections of the track were they really did not need to.

I know there is a sense of general snobbery in the community when it comes to the use of traction control but this mod is designed to use it and the prototypes especially should be running it (indeed the real prototypes are undriveable with out it). Perhaps next time some of the prototype drivers could try running a spot of traction control to avoid spinning out left right and centre.

I 2nd that. I was actually running TC, And I only spun it once because I took too much kerb :)

Painfull night of woefull bad pace and just generally being rubbish,removing half the front parts of the car on the inside wall of T1 couldnt have helped im sure?...

..Thanks for having me at late notice Lee and thanks RD

Hope I didn't cause any incident for you, I saw you run a bit wide when I laped you just going into sector three.

Tbh from my POV wasn't a bad night, cars got some potential just a shame I made some basic mistakes. Looking forward toi RDLMS as ever though :).

Thanks to Ivo for setting the event up :).

Btw Chris, is your brake pedal ok? Your brake lights kept flashing on and off when I was following you. (even on straights)

Sorry i missed the race guys! With all the problems connecting, it wouldve ran too long for me as i have to leave for work at 22:45.
I hope all had a good time! Peed off i had to miss it as i spent all day practicing!!! Grrrrr

Btw Chris, is your brake pedal ok? Your brake lights kept flashing on and off when I was following you. (even on straights)

Thanks for letting me know, but I had already spotted it.

The answer is, no its not ok, I found a solution but unfortunately that was pulling up on the pedal with my toes :S

It didn't seem to affect my speed though

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back