ACC Endurance Series Round 1 @ Monza - Mon 30th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
First online ACC race so had low expectations.

Qualified p12 with my fastest ever lap. Avoided a jump start and kept up with the p8 to p10 battle for several laps until I started to slip back. Made a big error on the exit of the chicane and hit the wall.

My "slight bodywork damage" led to a car I could hardly turn so I had to pit immediately and take 28 seconds extra for repairs.

Finished the race catching Tom for 13th place and had some close laps, including a collision, entirely my fault, so I waited and we resumed the battle. Unfortunately he had to take a second stop for fuel so I inherited p13, anyway.

Thanks for the race, everyone, and to Swanny for organising.

My only disappointment was the lack of drivers on Discord so I didn't get a chance to get to know people in pre and post race chat. I also couldn't tell the guys lapping me where to go past me.

Thank you! I had a great time driving very slowly at the back. I hope I got out of the way of people quick enough while being lapped, to the BMW that tipped me round at chicane 2, that was really polite of you to stop and wait, but I hope I didnt ruin your race with the time it took me to start up and get going again. To the car I tripped up at turn 1 just as I left the pits, sorry. I tried to get off the racing line as soon as I could to let people by, it seemed to go ok in most cases, and I don't think I managed to ruin anyone elses race. Oh and no T1 punt from me, quite proud of that in my first full online GT3 Monza race :) I've got a ton to learn to get quicker, but hopefully I can race again for most, if not all rounds of this series.

It was a great race right from the start, switching positions with Chris, back and forth, for 2nd. In the end I screwed up a corner and lost the backend of Chris’s Bentley, which was probably a good thing to start gaining time back on Johann.

The final lap when we all came together was nuts, I knew if I had a chance I was going to jump on it and try take 2nd from Johann. On turns 4&5 at the chicane it was unfortunate that he had to take avoidance action and I capitalised on it, I felt pretty bad heading up to Acarri and screwed up my entry. Not how I’d want to take the place!

Grats to Chris on the win!

Does anyone else fear the pit entry? No matter how much I practice it, I’m filled with dread when I have to enter it at speed :roflmao:

Can someone upload the replay for me?

On the discord side I’d use it for the chat but I’m not sure I can have it on during a race, my concentration would be out the window :roflmao:

I do see the benefit in blue flagged drivers stating where they ll move over though!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Last night was tough for me.
I know next to nothing about car setup, so I have been trying a few suggestions.

My setup for quali was good. Had the lap of my life for 4th.
Start was good, and I was working on being consistent. With it being an hour long race, I decided not to race people, so we wouldn't loose too much time fighting.
Dropped to 6th and was looking at the guys in front fighting.
Got a bit tangled with Brooks into T1, nothing much and let him by because he was clearly faster.
Nearing the halfway, I was going to pit and the car started misbehaving under breaking. Went in for the pitstop and noticed a couple of red dots on the rear breaks, but ignorantly thought it was going to fix itself.
Had to come in again, change breaks and was dead last.
Still tried to just be consistent and finish the race.

Was very fun overall, barring the setup and extra pitstop. Trusting the process and learning!
Thank you guys for the great racing!

Last night was tough for me.
I know next to nothing about car setup, so I have been trying a few suggestions.

My setup for quali was good. Had the lap of my life for 4th.
Start was good, and I was working on being consistent. With it being an hour long race, I decided not to race people, so we wouldn't loose too much time fighting.
Dropped to 6th and was looking at the guys in front fighting.
Got a bit tangled with Brooks into T1, nothing much and let him by because he was clearly faster.
Nearing the halfway, I was going to pit and the car started misbehaving under breaking. Went in for the pitstop and noticed a couple of red dots on the rear breaks, but ignorantly thought it was going to fix itself.
Had to come in again, change breaks and was dead last.
Still tried to just be consistent and finish the race.

Was very fun overall, barring the setup and extra pitstop. Trusting the process and learning!
Thank you guys for the great racing!
Great work in qualifying! I wonder what your brake duct settings were on? Monza is a bit of a weird one on brakes. Massive braking zones but then long straights to cool the brakes so you end up arriving at the big stops with slightly cold brakes.

I wouldn’t mind joining a Discord chat in free practice / end of race, but not in qualifying or throughout the race.
I could hop on for practice, might be nice actually for anyone to be able to ask questions etc. My only problem is the kids are in bed so wouldn't want to risk waking them up talking loudly with my headset on so I wouldnt be talking much

Last edited:
Great work in qualifying! I wonder what your brake duct settings were on? Monza is a bit of a weird one on brakes. Massive braking zones but then long straights to cool the brakes so you end up arriving at the big stops with slightly cold brakes.
The original setup I got had them set to 2, but it didn't work for me due to overheating. I bumped them to 3 and seemed fine, probably not fine for longer durations.
After pitting the second time, I pushed the bias forward a bit and it was fine after that, but my times were also slower during Tha time.

The original setup I got had them set to 2, but it didn't work for me due to overheating. I bumped them to 3 and seemed fine, probably not fine for longer durations.
After pitting the second time, I pushed the bias forward a bit and it was fine after that, but my times were also slower during Tha time.
What was the car that you used?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back