ACC Endurance Series Round 1 @ Monza - Mon 30th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Stunning grid for the first race hopefully this carrys on for the whole season.
Congrats to the podium and thanks to Chris for oragnizing and RD for hosting.

All in all a very quiet race for me.
A bit of first laps battles with some smaller contact in the beginning that adds some 3 sec of damage. But all in all a race start with no life or die action around me.
After 4-5 laps i found a steady pace, at least for me at Monza, and were driving more or less my own race until the pitstop.
The stop was not fast but ok and in the second half of the race i felt a bit more comfortable because the little bit of understeer was gone after the repair during the stop. Beside 2-3 minor errors, one time i missed the breaking point for turn 1, i finished on P6.
a good result for the first race, so now i'm looking forward to Silverstone at night

Race Report

Hadnt been on the rig in 6 weeks or more, felt rusty and managed 10 laps practice before the server went live. I was pleased to top practice in the server, just for my own mentality that I wasnt going to be awful in the race.

Qualifying was going well, building up to faster and faster laps. Got blocked on my fastest by a car that was on its warm up lap but no contact so onto the next attempt. The pressure of the end of session approaching got to me and I messed it up, settled into start 5th? for the race.

Race start went well, aimed to keep on the back of the top 4 or 5, battled for a bit with Jorge and Sebastien, even a little nudge door to door :)

All good though with only trading paint, no damage. The best racing, hard and fair from everyone!

I got to the point where I couldnt catch Hardie in 3rd but Sebastien was quicker behind me, I let him by and hoped to sit on his rear bumper so we could catch up but also pull away from Jorge. It worked, Hardie pitted before me, I stayed with Sebastien, planned my pit and he happened to pit the same lap with me on his rear bumper.

I got out first though and we were 3.5 seconds closer to Hardie. My pace at the start of the second stint was good, pulling away a little from the guys behind and closing down to 4 seconds back from Hardie.

I could tell by the 40 minute mark that I was out of practice at racing, I was finding myself tired and making little mistakes which then ment I caused a collision with a lapped Porsche as I misjudged his accelleration out of the second chicane. Waited and dropped back in behind him before continuing on my way, ruined my own race and damaged my car. I retired a couple of laps later.

Good overall race, just need some more practice ahead of next week.

I was finding myself tired and making little mistakes which then ment I caused a collision with a lapped Porsche as I misjudged his accelleration out of the second chicane
I wondered what happened here, I lost a couple of seconds due to approaching back markers at Ascarri. I was soo unlucky with my timing :thumbsdown: and noticed you guys break the 4 second gap region.

Not had time to watch the replay and that was one of the moments I wanted to check lol

After that I was looking at the time and checking the splits every lap almost from that point on, I just knew Andrew Sebastian would be all over me if I made a single mistake ready with a tidal wave of beamers at his heals :roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back