rF2 Endurance Series @ Road America - Sat January 22nd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Way to go Ivo, another incredible online racing experience if not one of the best times (followed by the WTM racing events) I ever had here on RD. Keep it going!

Many thanks to the participants, the organiser and RD who made this event possible.

:thumb:

That was fun return to the Endurance mod. Last time i drove it was i think last season with RDLMS.
But it all felt natural when i jumped tonight. Could find a pace quickly with the P2 car.

Q: Ran out of fuel on the last straight. Kicked it back in the boost 1 to make it and still set a decent time. Just couldnt get pole from Martin. Hehe.

Race:

Took it easy at the beginning. There was a P1 behind me so he overtook me on the straight. So there was already a gap to Martin. Managed to close it. And we had a fun batlle after that. He had slighty less downforce so couldnt overtake him on the straight. So decided to push and wait for a mistake. Took him awhile to make one. Lol. But finally got passed him. Got quite fast a gap to 5 sec. And it stayed that way for a long time. Think when we closed the half way mark i got suddenly 11 sec dont know what really happened. Pitted after that took new tyres and fuel. Did some laps on Boost 4 and saw the gap was still the same after the pitstops. Took it easy and used boost 1. Stayed again 11 sec for a while and then i suddenly saw Martin dropping. Wich was a shame because he was the only one who could follow my pace. After that just drove my laps and finished 4th and 1st in my class.

Always enjoy the multi class races. Sorry for maybe any dodgy moves on the GT cars. Maybe i could done some moves better esspacially in the beginning of the race. Tried to find my multi class racing groove again. ;)
Think i didnt had any contact with a car, so thats good. ;)

Cya guys next time.

That was fun :)

I thought I would have the pace in qualifying to be on pole but it wasn't to be, Caner and Colin beat me to it as I spun at the last corner on my quickest lap. Race and I timed the start perfectly and got a run on colin and Caner to take 1st into T1, Then me and Caner were racing within 1s for the best part of 20 laps. We had a scary moment when a P2 and GT car came together in front of us, went off the track and span back onto it. We basically had to stop on the track, very close. Then he disconnected which left me a 1 lap lead. Took my first, and only planned pitstop with 40 minutes left, came out of the pits with a comfortable lead.

About 10 minutes in, I lapped one of the P2s and immediately span, he managed to avoid me. Then later in the lap, he span in front of me and I couldn't slow down in time sorry :( Took the front off my car but luckily no suspension damage. Really close to the pits too. That pitstop meant I was now in second behind Ross. I knew he had pitted early but didn't know how long his tyres/fuel would last. So I put the boost up to 5 and pushed like mad. Luckily after another 2 laps he pitted, I don't think I would've caught him otherwise. Towards the end of the race I pushed the boost back up and got the fastest lap and took the win :)

Thanks Ivo & RD, and conrats class winners and class podiums, and all who finished :)

That was fun :)

I thought I would have the pace in qualifying to be on pole but it wasn't to be, Caner and Colin beat me to it as I spun at the last corner on my quickest lap. Race and I timed the start perfectly and got a run on colin and Caner to take 1st into T1, Then me and Caner were racing within 1s for the best part of 20 laps. We had a scary moment when a P2 and GT car came together in front of us, went off the track and span back onto it. We basically had to stop on the track, very close. Then he disconnected which left me a 1 lap lead. Took my first, and only planned pitstop with 40 minutes left, came out of the pits with a comfortable lead.

About 10 minutes in, I lapped one of the P2s and immediately span, he managed to avoid me. Then later in the lap, he span in front of me and I couldn't slow down in time sorry :( Took the front off my car but luckily no suspension damage. Really close to the pits too. That pitstop meant I was now in second behind Ross. I knew he had pitted early but didn't know how long his tyres/fuel would last. So I put the boost up to 5 and pushed like mad. Luckily after another 2 laps he pitted, I don't think I would've caught him otherwise. Towards the end of the race I pushed the boost back up and got the fastest lap and took the win :)

Thanks Ivo & RD, and conrats class winners and class podiums, and all who finished :)

Sorry for the incident between us when I spun in front of you Chris - Completely my fault

Enjoyed that again tonight- good driving throughout and although we were slightly down on numbers the quality was still there.

Settled into 4th early on (i was clearly slower than the top 3 tonight) Had a little spin on lap 5 i think, after which i had to settle down a little and regroup before launching a push to catch 3rd place. After a couple of cars ahead had issues, i was up to 2nd place on the road behind Chris when a Jonas's Saleen spun into the side of me under heavy braking, (like Vettel on Button at Spa last year!) forcing me to pit early and fix the damage. (an extra 30s+ in the pits) Exited in 6th, and put the foot down knowing i'd need to pit again.

As others pitted i was able to get up to 2nd, then i noticed Chris had pitted again and i was 1st despite being a lap down a couple of laps previously! However, i was in for my 2nd stop soon enough, and may have got out ahead if it hadn't been for inexplicable damage repairs costing 50s. (despite already fixing damage in the 1st stop) Was now 3rd and i was chasing Magnus down, and when i eventually caught him, he kindly let me pass. Thanks for that Magnus!

Kept going as consistently as i could for the remainder of the race, but Chris deservedly won in the end.

Cheers to Ivo for setting this up (and being a gentleman when it came to lapping) and congrats to all finishers. Also thanks Gary for leaving lots of space for me at the expense of your own racing line. Actually, most of the field get top marks for looking out for the LMP1's, as the speed differential was very pronounced on this track.

Also, no problem Jonas, just unfortunate!

Good race all. A very clean event which went off without a hitch. I assumed the GT2 crowd would all be using the new Ferarri so I decided to try something different and go for the Panoz. However, there was a good mix of cars in the class. I just couldn't make that Panoz go, but stuck with it for the race. I had some unforced errors near the end, but it was nice racing with the other GT2 cars.

I really enjoyed this race. Had nothing for kieron (as usual :p) so was happy to race for second place. Thanks to muhammed for the setup earlier on in the day, it really helped a lot. Held on to second for the first 20 minutes or so but muhammed eventually caught up to me. He got by, then went wide and i got back by. Some fun battling but he was clearly faster. Unfortunately he had an incident and had to leave the race. Set about building a gap to third and was pretty confident that i had second locked up if i could finish. Then i had a bad spin, went to push in the clutch, but no go and it stalled out. Had to dump into neutral to restart and stalled it again trying to get out of the sand. Lost about 30 seconds on that one. I think my clubsports have dust in em or something as my clutch doesnt want to play from time to time. Managed to get back on with still a decent gap to third, did my pitstop, and set about. Finished 7th/2nd in class and had a really good time out there. Thanks for putting it on :)

I can't believe I did that! (well maybe I can :( ). Started in 10th was planning on taking it easy and just finish. Wife came home during the formation lap with all kinds of things to tell me about. Needless to say, my concentration went downhill. I spun at an easy corner then got my tires stuck on the outside of an apex and thought I could force it back on track. I spun again into some tires and ripped my front wheel off. Race over 3rd lap. Very bad race for me.

I hope me have more soon so I can redeem myself.
Thanks Ivo and RD!

Good race all. [...] I assumed the GT2 crowd would all be using the new Ferarri so I decided to try something different and go for the Panoz. However, there was a good mix of cars in the class. [...]

The F430 seem to be pretty fast and stable, I gave it a test-run on Sebring and I used to be around 1 second faster compared to the 997RSR, though the latter is more fun to drive.:tongue:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%