Endurance Series rF2: New Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
22228286832_4e54177da6_o.jpg

Further to the upcoming release of the highly anticipated EnduRacers and Gentlemen-Racers Endurance Series rFactor 2 mod, the team have released several new screenshots showcasing the new Ligier JSP2, Gibson 015S and Oreca 03

Following on from their highly successful rFactor 1 mod, EnduRacers announced back in May the intention to bring the detailed mod to the new rFactor 2 platform. Working in partnership with Gentlemen-Racers the mod aims to faithfully reproduce a number of vehicles from the GT and LMP class of endurance racing, with models from Oreca Zytek, Aston Martin, BMW, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Porsche, Ligier and Gibson confirmed to be in development already. Judging by the attached screenshots it appears that development is already well underway with the majority of these cars.

Additional to the proposed LMP and GT cars, the team have already confirmed a future release of their Flat 6 Series mod, a reproduction of the Porsche Cup including liveries from various series that run across the world.

It is worth noting here that the new rFactor 2 mod will not be a port of the original rFactor 1 version but will be created from scratch to meet the latest standards available within the sim. It is expected that the mod will contain all the latest rFactor goodies such as chassis flex and the latest tyre model.

It is believed that the Flat 6 Series modification will be released before the first version of the Endurance Series mod. No release date has been given for Flat 6 or the V1 Endurance mod. It is expected that updates containing addition content will be added as part of a service pack structure much like the original version.

RaceDepartment plan to run Season 7 of the RDLMS series once released and suitably tested. More information on how you can enter a team for this series can be found on the RDLMS page of this forum.

22053333428_9affae337c_m.jpg 22054217199_158063c9d5_m.jpg 22241080415_756b82fe9a_o.jpg 22241081475_281f094447_m.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Over to you!

Are you excited to try the new EnduRacers mod? Did you try the original and if so, what are you looking forward to most with the new release? Leave your comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never tried the original but was excited after watching some Touring Pro races online using the Flat 6 version.
However after seeing nothing but announcements for half a year my excitement has waned.
We already have a couple of excellent 911 GT3 RSR and LMP1 and 2 mods so for me its not a game changer.
My experience with certain mods that were by all accounts amazing in RF1 but did not travel well into RF2 makes me "cautiously optimistic" rather than excited.
Just my opinion thats all.:)

Any chances of this getting ported to other games too like SCE?

If you are lucky you have a rF1 copy for something like 6 euro's and the enduracers mod is for free. So no need to convert stuff.
Enduracers made rF1 into their own game with a new user interface, loading screen, background music, etc... It only makes use of the rF1 core. The enduracers mod is much more then a few cars. The HistorX mod is also a complete mod that only makes use of the rF1 core.

It's compareable to what Reiza did with rF1. But Reiza licensed the core to sell it and made some improvements on their own.

This is what you can expect if you're able to find a nice rF1 deal...

If you are lucky you have a rF1 copy for something like 6 euro's and the enduracers mod is for free. So no need to convert stuff.
Enduracers made rF1 into their own game with a new user interface, loading screen, background music, etc... It only makes use of the rF1 core. The enduracers mod is much more then a few cars. The HistorX mod is also a complete mod that only makes use of the rF1 core.

It's compareable to what Reiza did with rF1. But Reiza licensed the core to sell it and made some improvements on their own.

This is what you can expect if you're able to find a nice rF1 deal...

But this is the old Enduracers. It has cars from ages ago if I recall. I would like current endurance racers if I'm honest. The best I have so far is WES mod by Simtek.
And I have rF1 and have used this mod a fair amount. Infact i did my first race on the game using this mod.

I'm pretty new to the RF2 sim , and I for one can't wait for this mod to come out. I also don't care how long it takes them to get it ready for RF2 either , since it's free. From every single photo I've seen of the new mod and videos of the older RF1 mod , man how can someone not be excited?

Not sure how it all works in this community , but after I DL it , play around on it and have a lot of fun , I'll be asking for a donation's link to help these guys out. I bought into the Reiza development and too me , it was worth every penny. These guys are no different , and I'll have no problem giving them some coin to make my sim even more fun than it already is.

But this is the old Enduracers. It has cars from ages ago if I recall. I would like current endurance racers if I'm honest. The best I have so far is WES mod by Simtek.
And I have rF1 and have used this mod a fair amount. Infact i did my first race on the game using this mod.
Yeah i agree

We want to drive the current gen Lmp2's in SCE ! Damm you Enduracers

Very surprised to see some people's response to this. The original rF1 mod clearly had a target era of racing that they wanted to simulate which was the FIA GT1 of around 03' or 04' championship up to 2011 LMS. Now from what I am seeing, the move over to rF2 is a continuation of that idea such as the move from GT2 to GTE, the new LMP's, and whatever other changes. I'm excited. Pretty sure it will be the only thing I play when it releases.

I'm really looking forward to this mod as I'm not really a fan of the URD mod, can't put my finger on why tho. But somehow I'm mostly looking forward to the Flat6 mod, there is something about spec cars that is really exciting. It's all down to the driver and you never have to wonder if you pick the right/wrong car this time.

Very surprised to see some people's response to this. The original rF1 mod clearly had a target era of racing that they wanted to simulate which was the FIA GT1 of around 03' or 04' championship up to 2011 LMS. Now from what I am seeing, the move over to rF2 is a continuation of that idea such as the move from GT2 to GTE, the new LMP's, and whatever other changes. I'm excited. Pretty sure it will be the only thing I play when it releases.
Our response we are getting at is lets not just have it on one platform, sharing is caring and if it's possible to convert it over it should be. That's what we are getting at. I know the target for the original was for about 8+ years ago. That just shows how overdue we are anything like it everywhere else.

The first rFactor was a great sim, and Enduracers was probably one of the best mods available for it. The guys behind it are among the very few modders that can say they actually made a game better.

To me (and I can't stress that enough) the most important part of that article is the following:

It is worth noting here that the new rFactor 2 mod will not be a port of the original rFactor 1 version but will be created from scratch to meet the latest standards available within the sim.
I've honestly had enough of bad conversions. For sure, when two games are close enough (rF1 and SCE for example), it's fine to convert a track, and I'm the first one happy to have variety. But there's a point when it's just nonsense. What's working for rF1 can't be just copied and pasted into rF2...

I'm pretty new to rF2, but to be honest I can only be disappointed by (most of) the GT3 mods, especially compared to the quality of some of the amazing stock content that ISI provide us.

I know I won't get unanimous support, but people need to understand that each game is a distinct entity, with a different approach to modding. Some examples: SCE has many add-ons tracks, but most of the default cars are already plenty to play with. AC is a relatively new sim and has seen many great mods appearing. Why? Because people had no choice but to work from scratch and prove their team was the best, without relying on previously existent content.

Anyways, I know I'm a bit off topic here, I just wanted to share my optimism about the fact that this mod will be scratch made, and to speak my mind about something important to me in the modding community.

Final point: quality over quantity will always be my leitmotiv when it comes to content. ;) I'd rather wait, and have less cars and tracks to choose from, but enjoying it to the point that I want to drive them again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%