EnduRacers Series Build 1.00 Carset revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
endu.jpg

Hot on the heals of the hugely successful Flat 6 Series mod for Image Space Incorporated's rFactor 2 sim the guys over at EnduRacers have revealed the initial list of cars planned to be available in build 1.00 of the new Endurance mod.

With eight cars already previously know to be coming with the first release the big news of this latest announcement is the inclusion of P2 class entrants in the form of the Ligier JS and the Lola Coupe to race alongside fellow P2 runners from Oreca and Zytek.

With the outstanding quality shown already in the recent Flat 6 Series release, and previous achievements with the very same mod in rFactor 1, the signs all point to this new Endurance Series modification being one of the go to additions in rFactor 2.

No further details have been released, however the team have confirmed they are back working on this in full capacity after supporting the successful release of Flat 6 recently, so expect more news and previews in the coming weeks.

EnduRacers are still on the hunt for 3D modelers to join the team in a full-time capacity to add more models to this list, please contact the team on info@enduracers.com if you feel you have the necessary talents to become part of the project.

The full car list can be found below:
  • GTC - Flat6 GT3
  • GTE - Aston Martin V8 Vantage
  • GTE - BMW M3 E92...
  • GTE - Corvette C6.R ZR1
  • GTE - Ferrari F430 GT
  • GTE - Flat6 RSR
  • P2 - Ligier JSP2
  • P2 - Lola Coupe
  • P2 - Oreca 03
  • P2 - Zytek

endu 1.jpg

Looking forward to this latest release from EnduRacers? Voice your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a hater but this RF2 car list is even worse than the RF1 version.

Maybe some new physics. But loads of cars disappeared.

The only new thing we get in the RF2 version is the Zytek and Ligier Lmp2's

No new gen Lmp1 cars?

Not even the old 458 GTE and the C7-R??

I mean WTF?

Again I'm not a hater or a troll

I understand your point but this is being done by a bunch of enthusiasts for free.

If I flip this on it's head, if they charged money for this mod (say 20 euros) and the cars were more modern would you still want it?

rf2 can't simulate the hybrid system of the new LMP1 cars so until that's working within the physics engine of the game they may have decided there's no point. If you want the LMP1H cars now, treat yourself to the URD mod (which you will have to pay for) but they do behave like a normal race car.

It's still early days, many series mods get added to over time so we have to be patient.

I'm sorry I don't really agree with your point about the original rfactor mod. The number of cars is pretty big (9 LMP1, 8 LMP2, 5 GT1 and 7 GT2 models) but each to their own :)

I do sometimes race on the RSDG mods, they simulate the 2000's era (Audi R8's, Dyson's, Riley, etc) and they are good fun as well. The models looks a little rough around the edges but it works :thumbsup:

Don't forget to modify your autoexec.bat and your config.sys......:roflmao:
Yeah... DOS=HIGH, UMB, then adding some strings for himem.sys and emm386.exe ;) And then you contemplate whether you should include the mouse driver or not to save up some base memory :)

I'm not a hater but this RF2 car list is even worse than the RF1 version.

Maybe some new physics. But loads of cars disappeared.

The only new thing we get in the RF2 version is the Zytek and Ligier Lmp2's

No new gen Lmp1 cars?

Not even the old 458 GTE and the C7-R??

I mean WTF?

Again I'm not a hater or a troll
"WTF?"? I was personally happy when there was at least the Flat6 mod released... Some people are just never satisfied.
Making cars for rF2 is much more complex than doing the same for rF2 or AC, mind you. You are getting a bunch of new high quality cars for rF2, and that's all you have to say?

They only need to get the driving feel right (as they did with the flat 6) and rework a little the performance of the cars, as the flat 6 is doing the same pace as today's GT3 cars.

It is looking to be one of the main endurance racing mods for sure.

Cannot wait for this mod! Lately, RF2 is keeping me more and more away from AC which is definitely not something I expected.
Great sim and if The Flat6 is something to go by, this will be an amazing mod. Happy times ahead :whistling:

The only thing I hope for is more set up options for the Flat 6. Everytime I go through sunset bend I desperately want to change the fast bump/rebound. I wouldn't want to have to go side by side with a human there because as it is its likely one of us will get onto the bumpy line and goodbye grip.

I say this as a result of my enormous enthusiasm for the Flat 6. I feel far more excited driving it than any of the GT3 cars in AC.

• Deleted member 130869

it's indeed a pain to get into rF2 for the first time due to it's current user unfriendly nature but I have heard good news ISI will address some of these issues a.s.a.p.

The UI and HUDs are extremely unflattering, for HUD there are good mod alternatives but not yet for UI. Anyway, the user-friendly nature, ingame, is no more complicated than SCE. When you understand where to place mods and how to install them, you'll be home.

I don't think ISI will address anything on these areas, I've been clamoring for NR2003/iRacing-like ingame setup options style and info, as well as HUDs... but that won't happen. If you can get past that, you'll be happy.

I don't think ISI will address anything on these areas
They will (eventually). Had a long Skype call with somebody from ISI this week and addressed a bunch of issues I experienced when trying to install rFactor 2. I've tried to find as many hurdles / red flags as possible while pretending to be an average (steam-)gamer.

Some points have been acknowledged and lets hope they will be addressed. #constructivefeedbacktfw

Guys...

Don't get me wrong.

I would love to finally have a proper endurance mod for RF2.

And all the effort EnduRacers has put in to this is amazing!

But i was just confused about the downgraded car list...

Guys...

Don't get me wrong.

I would love to finally have a proper endurance mod for RF2.

And all the effort EnduRacers has put in to this is amazing!

But i was just confused about the downgraded car list...

Why confusion?, if the sim complexity is so much more, then clearly more work is needed to do the cars, same with models, it makes perfect sense that they will start of modest(its not "modest" its a great list", as they work and get more "templates" and use to working with newer engine etc you may see more coming out on regular basis, or as suggested you could contact them and ask where you can help to get more cars rolling.

Now I may be mistaken in my interpretation but the notion of it being the 1.0 carlist implies its the list of cars they are aiming to release at 1.0, not necessarily the list they will limit themselves to for the duration of their development.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 282 13.4%