rF2 Enduracers @ Road America - Saturday 19th of November 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
After the first stint I was way behind Dino but I had alot of fun while driving though. And also the overlapping behaviour of the GTs was very good :thumbsup:
During the pitstop I didnt notice that the engine got too hot and finally blew up, so next time I hopefully wont forget shutting it off while pitting. There's always something to learn in racing.

Racedepartment is for premium members and the clubraces should better represent that in my opinion. The sign ups are not updated before the race, I signed up around 5 hours before the race with a question that doesn't get answered.
We get to the track, and it seems nobody put in the efford to have some rubber on track, and from the 15? (sign ups didn't get updated) sign ups around 10 start the race and we finish with 1 P2 car and 2 GT cars. The sessions aren't setup so as drivers we have to keep track of everything ourselfs etc.

I know the rF2 club hasen't been popular but with a new mod it's the opportunity to get some people to stick. At least when Daiman did the club even though not many people raced they were organised properly and were enjoyable if people wanted to join, this wasn't quite as.
You and everyone else deserve a proper explanation.

I was out as I said to you on a post. Currently I am the only person in the staff (aside from Daiman who is out with work/life commitments) who knows how to handle rF2 servers, I could have just skipped this week (and the next one, as I'll be out of town for an exam), and not have an rF2 event for the time being. Due to timezone differences and life making my schedule very irregular, the only day I could do with some consistency is Saturday and Sunday (already filled with AC commitments).

About the server being 45 degrees, that seems to be something wrong with the server settings, as I've configured (along with autosave rubber at 3x acceleration), 27 degrees on temperature on all sessions. Obviously it didn't work and I will look at it closer for future events. As a secondary note engine blowups happened at Sebring where the temperature was at 20C, so these cars may require engine shutdowns during a pitstop.

For now, to deliver quality events and the experience premium members should get I will only schedule events where I'm 100% sure I will be there to help out with whatever it is needed. If you (and everyone who takes part in our races) have any suggestions on what should be run, let me know and I will do my best to accomodate them. Long races with driver swaps, F1 full race simulations, long GT races, that's where rF2 is best at simulating imo and I'm completely up to organize these kind of special events. I won't be able to set consistent events every week, and I won't do it since you guys deserve a better experience in the club.

As a second secondary note:D, it has been clear throughout my events (AC as well) that my schedule has been more and more inconsistent as time goes by, so I am simply not able to run the rF2 club on my own as it should. If anyone is interested in taking over the rF2 club and run consistent, well organized events, I can arrange something to have a dedicated rF2 staff, as other sims have on RD.

Thanks for the laps guys ! it was a battle of attrition for sure ! I almost over heated my self in the GTE during my pit stop .. grats to the sole survivors !! :laugh:

Thanks for the explanation Matheus, some times real life just gets in the way lol but we cant just turn off real life so no worries !

With recent news of r2p shutting its doors at the end of the year theirs going to be an influx of orphaned drivers trying to find a new home .. me included .. I was team owner of FKR at r2p and hosted my events on there servers for the last 8 years, mostly rf2 with a little AC sprinkled in .. I've been a member here for a few years now and recently went premium .. I don't quite get how RD really works but I noticed theirs only results for the league champ's ? club racing has no result page that I could find ..is this correct? I guess as there mostly just one offs for club events its not really necessary however I will say having a result posted for your efforts does add to your experience and helps to keep drivers involved and they don't tend to just blow it off as much if theirs something on the line to effect there stature/status as a driver ..

would the possibility exists to have a week day series in the club format with scoring ??

example would be say Flat 6 PCC challenge every Wednesday at 20:00GMT 6 events over 6 weeks with points ? or would something like this need to be created as a league event ?

also I haven't found any live racers timing or something of that nature here .. but I haven't explored deep enough maybe ? I did see some results for the AC GT3 league events ..

That said I would conceder helping to run some of the rf2 events club or league events here ..
as of now as Im still looking for a new place to call home after our r2p eviction !

@Rob Milliken
This is very sad news. I didn't know R2P will shutdown! I'm so sorry. Was a great place for simracing. I was part of it for a couple of years. I will mis R2P. I really can't believe !!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Thanks !! .. where can I find this from the site ? lol is there a link in one of the forums ? .. sorry I cant seem to find it .. im getting to old these days ..lol
It should be in my main post, but for some reason I used the old template that didn't have livetiming (for old AC days). Will make sure to include it in the next event for sure:).

@Rob Milliken
The club races not having results posted is a behavior we enforced to ensure a friendly environment in the club races. The competitive environment scares away some newcomers and other drivers who just want to have one-off fun experiences with nothing major at stake.
So having a series in a club format is a no go for us, while setting events (with no championship environment) with a fixed day category (such as Mini Friday or Wednesday F3s) is perfectly fine.

To supply the competitive desire some users have, we organize leagues, with livestreams (for EU leagues) and some cool prizes depending on how friendly sponsors are:D. Those are taken very seriously, and as a result the level of the field is very high.

Also, the ranking system you mentioned was used in RD some long time ago, and it was dropped for the same reason we don't do scoring in club races.

This pretty much sums up the kind of racing we have on RD at the moment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back