rF2 EnduRacers Multiclass @ Sebring - Friday 01 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
IMPORTANT!

The rFactor 2 servers are currently unavailable due to an issue that is under investigation. If the problem persists then this event may need to be postponed / cancelled. We shall keep you updated with more information and news as and when it becomes available. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

UPDATE 1: The issue has been reported in the Studio 397 forums - see here.
UPDATE 2 [ISSUE FIXED]: Studio 397 has issued an update, and the problem has now been resolved. The servers are once again available.

Last edited:
I would like to sign up for this but can't seem to change my rF2 player name. I can change the '.json' name but can't, even with admin rights, find the appdata to change that....Win 7. I've read up on how to do it but just cannot find the file to change.

If anyone can help that would be great, as my wife has change her plans for tonight I won't be able to join but would still like to sort my player name..

Last edited:
I would like to sign up for this but can't seem to change my rF2 player name. I can change the '.json' name but can't, even with admin rights, find the appdata to change that....Win 7. I've read up on how to do it but just cannot find the file to change.

If anyone can help that would be great, as my wife has change her plans for tonight I won't be able to join but would still like to sort my player name..
  • You can change your name via the rFactor 2 Launcher - follow the steps below:
    1. Open the rFactor 2 launcher
    2. Click on your account name in the top-right corner
    3. Edit the orange coloured fields (first name and last name)
    4. Click on the 'Save Edits' button
If the above steps do not work then there is a slightly more involved method... go to the rFactor AppData folder, the path for which will typically be 'AppData\Roaming\.rFactor'. In here you will find a file called 'rfactor.name' - open this file using a program like Notepad, and edit all three lines (first name, last name, and nickname). Save and close the file, right-click on the file and select 'Properties', ensure that the 'Read-only' field is checked under the 'General' table (select it if not), and select the 'OK' button. Finally, open your 'player.JSON' file, which will typically be in your '<rF2_install>\UserData\player' directory, and edit the two properties "Player Name" (first name and last name) & "Player Nick" (nickname), before saving and closing the file. When making these changes make sure that the game is NOT running, else they will be overwritten with the original values when the game is closed.

I hope this helps! :)

IMPORTANT!

The rFactor 2 servers are currently unavailable due to an issue that is under investigation. If the problem persists then this event may need to be postponed / cancelled. We shall keep you updated with more information and news as and when it becomes available. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

UPDATE 1: The issue has been reported in the Studio 397 forums - see here.
UPDATE 2 [ISSUE FIXED]: Studio 397 has issued an update, and the problem has now been resolved. The servers are once again available.
After the second update I can't connect to the RD server, it always CTDs. Please change me to maybe, as it doesn't depend on me if I'll be able to join.

After the second update I can't connect to the RD server, it always CTDs. Please change me to maybe, as it doesn't depend on me if I'll be able to join.

You got me concerned now (never had a CTD before update), hopefully I get home in time to download and test.

Have you tried disabling shadows? This is an issue that affected quite a lot of people when the previous build was released around the Christmas & New Year period, and disabling shadows seemed to resolve the problem in most cases. Also ensure that you do not have a 'd3d9.dll' file in your Bin64 (and Bin32) folder; if the file does exist then either rename or delete it as this was also causing a problem for a few people. See this thread for more information.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back