rF2 EnduRacers LMP3 @ Autódromo do Estoril (Portugal 2009) - Sat 23Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
  • Deleted member 6919

I'm stuck using my moby right now, my net is down, hopefully it will come back soon.

No sé por qué en el momento de la partida Rfactor deja de funcionar y se atasca. Pasé ayer y hoy de nuevo, en ambas carreras. ¿Alguien más ha sucedido? Gracias.

Impossible to have fun, 30 FPS in race day and night, I think my PC said goodbye:) my eyes too.
I heard some comment from my **** on the last lap (R1) ... the whole reason of the world, I miss a 1/4 to get ... wtf ....! :(:poop::)
Saul, yesterday a friend had the same thing but in the server of RD AU, not this.

Good race, just to many mistakes today. Changed wheelrange and landed in the dirt at the start of 2. race, see you next time!
Both formation laps were way to fast @RainhamIron
Screenshot from 2. start:
XngPPqT.jpg
PYnp4d8

Both formation laps were way to fast @RainhamIron
Ooh yeah I see! Thx for pointing that out, I guess the excitement must have got the better of me :roflmao:

I'll put that down to a noob error and will try to learn from it. I'm still quite new to rf2 and had never led a race before, let alone done a rolling start so it was all unknown territory :whistling:

Would it be worth maybe everyone going around the formation lap on the limiter, then releasing it when lights go green??

Anyway thanks @Stephen Gibb for hosting, really nice car/ track combo :thumbsup:

@RainhamIron you were flying! Congrats. What wings/aero setup were you racing with?

I started race 1 with 3/19, and I realized everybody was passing me on the straights, so race 2 I tried 2/14 which wasn't bad, but I suspect faster cars where even more aggressive than that.

@RainhamIron you were flying! Congrats. What wings/aero setup were you racing with?

I started race 1 with 3/19, and I realized everybody was passing me on the straights, so race 2 I tried 2/14 which wasn't bad, but I suspect faster cars where even more aggressive than that.
Thanks Cosimo, appreciated!

I can't give too much away I'm afraid as it's based on my team setup, but yes you're right - the wings were rather low. Certainly made it interesting trying to keep it on the black stuff :p

Would it be worth maybe everyone going around the formation lap on the limiter, then releasing it when lights go green??
This is exactly what I was thinking after the GTE event! Great minds...! :p The rolling starts worked quite well in my opinion, but the formation lap speed definitely needs to be reduced so that all of the cars on the grid remain close to one another before the green flag is waved; this way nobody can gain an advantage or be disadvantaged even before the start of the race. I certainly like the sound of enabling the pit-limiter during the formation lap, and only turning this off when the pole position car crosses the line and the lights go green.

However, my concern is that different tracks have different pit-lane speeds, and the pit-limiter speed will be set accordingly; using the limiter at circuits with a "fast" pit-lane will probably not be an issue, but at those tracks with a "slow" pit-lane it could be incredibly painful! :whistling: Therefore, I think it should be the responsibility of the event administrator on the night to make an appropriate call, depending on the limiter speed. I believe the maximum speed on formation lap should not be greater than 60-75mph (100-120km/h), especially towards the end of the lap before the race is underway. If the pit-limiter speed is suitable then the administrator should instruct drivers to use it, but if it is lower then the limiter can be disengaged and the administrator ought to explicitly request that drivers stay below the aforementioned maximum speed. We could enforce this "speed limit" for only the final quarter of the formation lap, so that cars do not have to run slowly for the entire lap and still have a chance to warm up their tyres and brakes, but I think this decision should be left to the discretion of the administrator.

During the course of the next few events we can try a few different things to see how they work, and hopefully we can find a solution that works in most, if not all situations.

I guess this isn't an easy thing to control without a bunch of race stewards sat upstairs somewhere watching over proceedings ;)

I was thinking the same though about the low pit lane speed at some tracks potentially being a problem. If that's the case, so long as we're advised of a specific limit that we have to stick to, hopefully it shouldn't be an issue. I'd never been in that situation before though so didn't really have much of a clue, and the right foot must have been itching to go :O_o::roflmao:

The good thing about the rolling start is that you're not sat on the grid cooking your engine. I nearly learnt this the hard way also in the recent Le Mans race with the same lmp3 car :whistling:

I guess this isn't an easy thing to control without a bunch of race stewards sat upstairs somewhere watching over proceedings ;)
Indeed, it can be a tricky thing to control, especially when there are so many variables from one event to the next. We also want to ensure that the fun is not taken out of events by making the starting procedure overly complicated, hence the simple suggestion for a maximum speed range (60-75mph / 100-120km/h) during the formation lap.

I was thinking the same though about the low pit lane speed at some tracks potentially being a problem. If that's the case, so long as we're advised of a specific limit that we have to stick to, hopefully it shouldn't be an issue.
Yup - we will of course make it very clear prior to the start of each race, via TeamSpeak and the rFactor 2 chat-box, what the procedure and speed limit shall be for the formation lap. :thumbsup:

I'd never been in that situation before though so didn't really have much of a clue, and the right foot must have been itching to go :O_o::roflmao:
HAHAHA! To be completely honest we have not used in-game "rolling starts" very much for club (or even league) events because there was previously an issue which resulted in multiple formation laps if all of the cars were not correctly and exactly positioned, so it is not necessarily something about which you would have known anyway. ;) For some of us, like me, it is something that shall never be a concern, as I highly doubt that I will ever find myself at the front of a grid! :roflmao:

The good thing about the rolling start is that you're not sat on the grid cooking your engine. I nearly learnt this the hard way also in the recent Le Mans race with the same lmp3 car :whistling:
That is certainly one advantage, and the other is that there are fewer crashes as a result of cars not getting away cleanly (which is a problem especially when the grid spots are so close to one another). :whistling: Also, it's something different! :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back