Enduracers Flat 6 Version 4.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Updated to DX11 standards and benefiting from new physics, talented rF2 modding team Enduracers have released a new version of the awesome Flat 6 mod for rFactor 2...

Following something of a long development period behind the scenes, it is now finally time to download the major new update to the already very enjoyable Flat 6 mod for rFactor 2. The new update brings the cars to DX11 standards, including compatibility with the new rF2 'Rain Build' released just before Christmas, as well as adding a considerable reworking of the physics behind the scenes, including the use of CPM tyres for the very first time.

Check out the full change log below...

Flat6 Series rF2 - build 4.00
  • GRAPHICS : Updated bodywork shader to DX11 technology.
  • GRAPHICS : Updated headlights rendering.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for bodywork.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for windshield and windows.
  • GRAPHICS : Added animated wiper.
  • GRAPHICS : Added blurred rims (for all types).
  • PHYSICS : Integration of CPM tires (Slick & Rain, around 90°C usage temperature for Slicks) adapted from S397 reference tires.
  • PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).
  • PHYSICS : Suspension geometry adjsuted (to fix the FFB blank in the center of the steering wheel).
  • PHYSICS : Aero minor adjustements.
  • PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Steering ratio adjusted (done like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Antirolbars value adjusted (to be aligned to the rFactor2 S397 physics directives).
  • PHYSICS : FFB power adjusted (FFB Upgrades removed, use FFB Multiplier in game to adjust if needed).
  • PHYSICS : Fuel Tank position adjusted (to match to *ForceDistrib S397 mechanisms).
  • PHYSICS : Tire wear curves adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Default setup adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : AI performance adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Cockpit position adjusted (compliant with flat screen & VR).
  • PHYSICS : Seat front maximum position value adjusted for triple screens users.
  • PHYSICS : Upgrade autoblip removed (the real car don't have autoblip).
Flat 6 rF2 Update 1.jpg
Flat 6 rF2 Update 2.jpg
Flat 6 rF2 Update 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available from Steam as a PC exclusive title now.

Flat 6 mod is created by the EnduRacers Modding Team & Gentlemen Racers, and can be downloaded for free from the Steam Workshop page HERE.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the new update? What do you think of the latest version of these awesome cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

As much as i like the idea of an upgrade, the braking, for me, is terrible. Yes I know real cars don't have "autoblip". But for me as a casual gamer, it aint fun. I have other racing sims, that include porsche and I do not have the problem. It could be argued that they are not like the "real thing". But again, its no fun crashing into side rail when braking. I hope the modders appreciate and hopefully "update" (or not).

Then you need to learn how to drive the car, not every race car is the same to drive as they all have their own quirks. Use the suggested brake settings above, get some rubber down on the track and drive a few laps carefully at the start before starting to push more. That's what a Simulation is all about, sure this car may not be 100% exactly the same as the real thing but I highly doubt the modders are gonna make it "easy" just for you, try and learn the car first :)

Then you need to learn how to drive the car, not every race car is the same to drive as they all have their own quirks. Use the suggested brake settings above, get some rubber down on the track and drive a few laps carefully at the start before starting to push more. That's what a Simulation is all about, sure this car may not be 100% exactly the same as the real thing but I highly doubt the modders are gonna make it "easy" just for you, try and learn the car first :)

I don't disagree, I was merely trying to express what a number of others have said, in that the braking is troublesome. Having said that, I am trying to master this beast......"never say never", lol. I do appreciate your comments.

Last edited:
Brake balance forced to 65:35 forwards, makes it a little bit easier.

HELP!!!
I can not find "Brake balance forced". I have looked under Garage/Advanced - Brakes - headings are : Brake Bias / Brake Duct Blanking / Max Pedal Force. I assumed that the correct one would be "Max Pedal Force", but it will not show anything other than full number (ie. no decimal point). Sorry to be a pain. I am new to rFactor 2, having purchased it over Xmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HELP!!!
I can not find "Brake balance forced". I have looked under Garage/Advanced - Brakes - headings are : Brake Bias / Brake Duct Blanking / Max Pedal Force. I assumed that the correct one would be "Max Pedal Force", but it will not show anything other than full number (ie. no decimal point). Sorry to be a pain. I am new to rFactor 2, having purchased it over Xmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
He means just move the brake balance to 65 35

That's right, rFactor 2 is a sim and you can activate the auto clutch ... In the same way the auto blip in the Flat6 could be an option as it was before.

I now wish I had not said I am a causal gamer. I was not referring to the sim, I was referring to me. I only spend a short time driving; ie "casual". As far as the brakes, I stand by what I said, as others have also stated. But I also understand that others prefer to be challenged and drive accordingl. I now too intend to master this process. Wish me luck ;)

I now wish I had not said I am a causal gamer. I was not referring to the sim, I was referring to me. I only spend a short time driving; ie "casual". As far as the brakes, I stand by what I said, as others have also stated. But I also understand that others prefer to be challenged and drive accordingl. I now too intend to master this process. Wish me luck ;)
It's not bad to be a casual player. In fact rFactor2 takes into account this type of players and that is why it offers to activate certain aids such as the auto clutch (and therefore it is still a hardcore sim).

For that reason I agree with you that the Flat6 mod should have the auto blip as an option.

It's not bad to be a casual player. In fact rFactor2 takes into account this type of players and that is why it offers to activate certain aids such as the auto clutch (and therefore it is still a hardcore sim).

For that reason I agree with you that the Flat6 mod should have the auto blip as an option.

Thank you everyone for all you help. I now know what "auto blip" means. I now also know how to adjust brake bias - all in one day!!! You gotta love this. I am having a ball.

PS. Yes, this mod is really good. I am learning to appreciate it for what it is.

Nice update...but now I have to learn to drive with no autoblip :(. This proves to be much harder than I assumed, as I'm guessing most will use 2 legs to drive this way? I've only got 1 leg, so I've adjusted to down-shifting while driving straight and trying not to do it while braking.

I'm still several seconds behind the AI (at only 85% IIRC) which now makes racing these guys very hard for me.

Anyone have advice to driving without autoblip, knowing you couldn't use your left foot.

Nice update...but now I have to learn to drive with no autoblip :(. This proves to be much harder than I assumed, as I'm guessing most will use 2 legs to drive this way? I've only got 1 leg, so I've adjusted to down-shifting while driving straight and trying not to do it while braking.

I'm still several seconds behind the AI (at only 85% IIRC) which now makes racing these guys very hard for me.

Anyone have advice to driving without autoblip, knowing you couldn't use your left foot.
Just ignore the clutch! RF2 dont care!

Reactions: Two

You don't need to learn to race without "auto blip", you can go to Tuning menu and activate the auto blip.

PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).

Finally, the inertia is addressed. But I'm still confused since S397 has no Porsche in their released cars, so what exactly does "based on inertia used by S397" mean? Enduracers still doesn't have real numbers and are just taking some from a S397 car and blindly applying?

Finally, the inertia is addressed. But I'm still confused since S397 has no Porsche in their released cars, so what exactly does "based on inertia used by S397" mean? Enduracers still doesn't have real numbers and are just taking some from a S397 car and blindly applying?

Better than their previous numbers, which were a factor of 2x too big. Inertia depends mainly on the car shape, so you can get a crude approximation by taking the number from another similar car. S397 cars presumably have precise data from the manufacturer.

Frankly, everything in an unofficial mod is more or less "blindly applied". I don't see how they would get the real numbers without partnership with the manufacturer. I think in these circumstances this is the best approach.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%