Enduracers - Endurance Series

klo-che

EnduRacers Modding Team
EnduRacers_Header_ES_SP1.jpg

1 - INTRODUCTION

EnduRacers Modding Team is proudly releasing the Service Pack 1 dedicated to the Endurance Series mod for rFactor. Revamped, improved, perfected, the add-on will give a whole new dimension to the whole mod.

The introduction of 6 new, high quality models gives the mod an addition to the content that was missing in the initial release. The provided models all have their own feeling, immersion, qualities and specificities. We have in addition brought in new technologies to the mod, such as fresnel shaders that add more visual quality to the car’s appearance, but also new lens flares. We thank this to Some1’s work, as this upgrade shows a forward step in visual realism.

We also want to point out that you should read through the readme carefully. You will find a lot of important information in order to use the mod in the best possible way. Don't forget that the mod is very big – in several meanings of the word – and that this is mod is all about endurance. Don't make a judgement by doing only 2 laps with 1 car, but take your time to get to grips and really appreciate it. A well set-up car will give you plenty of fun, so take your time and put in the effort to set-up the car to your own liking.

Some words more...

The community has changed a lot during the last years, mainly due to the release of new games such as GTR. This has attracted new people who are rather into gaming than into pure simracing. The atmosphere in the community has been deteriorated significantly and the respect among people has disappeared.

We truly know that while the first players will enjoy our work on the SP1, some others will simply don't care and will already been cracking and stealing our work to make their "own custom conversions", without any form of authorisation. It has happened with the v1.0 release and unfortunately we know that it will happen again. We know the identity of these guys and where we can find them, but we would still like to point out that this destroys our motivation to spend time on modding, completely!

To all the people that like our work and who have a certain amount of respect for us and the time we spend for you, we encourage you to ban, censor and ignore the F1Classics forum and all other similar forums, home of rippers, thieves. We also encourage you to ban, censor and ignore the "supposed modders" that spend their time there and are stealing our work. These respectless few are destroying it all and are figuratively killing not only us, but just as well the future of simracing. We will not be able to keep modding for years it the situation stays like that.

We encourage in addition all the leagues to stop using "custom mods" found on non reliable websites like that and based on real games rippings, and prefer using original mods created by modders. We need your support.

Thank you.

2 - FEATURES - SP1 :

* Graphics - Added 6 new 3D models :
P1- Peugeot 908 HDI (Spec 2007-2008-2009-2010 ALMS/LMS/LM)
P1- Audi R10 TDI (Spec 2006-2007-2008-2009 ALMS/LMS/LM)
P2 - Porsche RS Spyder Evo (Spec 2007-2008-2009 ALMS/LMS/LM)
P2 - Acura ARX-01 (Spec 2007(01a)-2008(01b)-2009 ALMS)
GT1 - Saleen S7R (Spec 2006-2007-2008-2009 ALMS/LMS/LM)
GT2 - Ferrari F430 (Spec 2006-2007-2008-2009 ALMS/LMS/LM)

* Graphics - Included 2009 Aero kit of the Porsche 997RSR GT2, including new cockpit rev lights.
* Graphics - Included 6 High definition cockpits coming with the new models.
* Graphics - Included new high definition OZ Rims.
* Graphics - Added new fresnel shaders technology for all models bodyworks, with new cubemap and reflections.
* Graphics - Added new lens flares technology for all the models, for front and brake lights.
* Graphics - More then 235 new high definition car skins included, fitting the new models and some of the v1 models.
* Graphics - Added several real driver helmets, real driver and pitcrew suits.
* Graphics - New UI menu designs.

* Sounds - High quality sounds for all 6 new cars.
* Physics - Overall improvements on car physics (including updates on v1 cars).
* Physics - Physics - Overall improvements on car damages (including updates on v1 cars).

Known issues :

* Graphic bug making the cars look dark when moving from Endurance Series mod to another mod (caused by new fresnel shaders). When you go from 1 mod to Endurance Series mod, or contrary, it's better to leave and start again the game.
* Due to mapping limitation issues, the Team Oreca Peugeot 908 skin has not been reproduced at 100% in a realistic configuration.

3 - README:

http://www.enduracers.com/readme/README_ENDURANCE_SERIES_MOD.html

4 - TRAILER:

5 - DISCLAIMER:

* All EnduRacers stuff included in this pack is under protection of Creative Commons intellectual work protection licences.
* All files included in this mod (including 3d files, sounds, physics, skins and all other files) are property of EnduRacers.
* It's not allowed to modify the 3d model, or other 3d parts of the mod. Physics or sounds files are not allowed to be modified.
* It is not allowed to use content of the mod on any other mod can it be public or for league usage without agreement from Enduracers.
* It is not allowed to convert the mod on any other platform without agreement from Enduracers.
* This mod may not be profited commercially by a third party.
* EnduRacers © 2010

6 - TEMPLATES:

The templates and 3D scenes of the SP1 have been worked on and are ready for release. We will diffuse them in 1 month. We have spend time on the more then 235 skins that are included in the SP1, and we would like you to enjoy them before creating custom skins.

7 - INFORMATION:

* Don't forget to read through the readme carefully again, you will find a lot of important information in order to use the mod in the best possible way. The FFB values and advices were updated to fit the SP1, so read them again !
* Don't judge it by doing 2 laps with 1 car, take your time to learn it and really appreciate it.
* EnduRacers will offer official support of the mod on his official forum ONLY : http://enduracers.easyforum.fr

8 - INSTALLATION:

* If you downloaded the Endurance Series SP1 Pack, you need the v1.0 and v1.2 (or V1.2 FULL) installed on your computer already. Install the SP1 in your rFactor main folder, over the v1.2 of the mod.
* If you downloaded the Endurance Series v1 SP1 FULL Pack, Install it in your rFactor main folder.

9 - DOWNLOADS:

http://www.enduracers.com/downloads_es.html

© Enduracers Modding Team

Tremendous stuff- great models & sounds. Tried the 908 around Spa and found that decreasing front downforce or increasing rear downforce helps the handling a lot. Rough guide is add 5 clicks rear wing for every one click of front wing. FFB feels quite good also, but i'll give it more time to try out the GT cars and maybe run in an event or two to offer a more detailed opinion.
Great work and always much appreciated!

Guys, does anyone else have this issue?

On the version I have downloaded I don't have a visible steering wheel in the Saleen? I haven't tried more than one skin yet, but initially there is no wheel on the first car I tried?

The original release of this mod was, without doubt, one of my favourite mods for rFactor. It was, in my mind the pinnacle of all the mods available. Though I could be biased because of my love of endurance racing :p There were of course flaws, but nothing I couldn't over look, and I've enjoyed every race I've competed using this mod.

SP1 has no firmly raised the bar once again, and I'm pretty sure that no mod in the near future will reach the quality that has been set here, outstanding work! I took the Pug out for a 2.5hr race around Fuji and loved every minute of it, I was really able to feel the weight of the car, through the fast corners it felt planted and stable, whilst in the slow sector three it was fidgety and unsettled, really on edge for the whole race, but loved every minute of it. But then returning to the my homeland of GT2 race, and wow, the physics have certainly been improved and that F430 is sublime!

The mod feels much more complete now and surely any more cars released are just another bonus!

I look forward to many races in the future using this fantastic piece of work. Thank you Enduro team, keep it up!

I really want to thank everyone involved in the creation of this mod. Thank your for countless hours spent working on it and making such a nice gem of a mod. I loved the first version when it came out, too. I think the first thing that jumped at me was the great sounds, I liked the handling of the cars as well.

I'm definitely enjoying SP1 as well quite a bit, but there's one thing which I'm not sure what's causing it, and that takes away from my fun of driving.

I've been checking out the F430 with the default setup, and I noticed the the front inside wheel tends to actually lose contact with the asphalt when turning. It almost seems like it's locking only it happens even when I'm not braking for the corner. You can clearly see in replays that the wheel just stops turning, and then gets going again. No one else seems to report this problem so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if somehow my default setups got corrupted, or if it's some other configuration issue.

Anyone else has this happening too, or knows what could be causing it? I'd appreciate some help with this.

Edit: Solved it. Nevermind! heh. I'm embarrased to say that it was actually my fault. When I was playing with various aids looking for which F key turns on traction control, I must've accidentally left braking help on low and the car was in fact braking a bit and causing the wheel to lock... sigh, heh.

EnduRacers_Header_ES_SP1_Templates.jpg

Facing an important number of request of anticipated release, EnduRacers crew has decided to diffuse the Endurance Series Service Pack 1 cars templates.

1 - SERVICE PACK 1 TEMPLATES

They will allow you to create custom car paint shemes for your prefered models. Ensure to read carefully the readme files included in each model package, we don't write them for fun, they are full of advice !!! Remind that the core of the mod is the Endurance and Le Mans spirit, so please avoid to create "wierd tunning" skins without any taste and quality, respect the models we created for you and what they represent in real, thanks.

2 - EXTRA TEMPLATES

You can find in addition in the downloads link list the template of the new OZ Rims included in the Service Pack 1.

3 - 3D SCENES

Due to this anticipated release, we are still working on the official SP1 3D Scenes that are stil sheduled to be release in January 2011. So no need to crack the models to make scenes, just wait a bit !

4 - DOWNLOADS:

http://www.enduracers.com/downloads_es.html

© Enduracers Modding Team

I have a little question. I've been making a skin for the F430 and I wanted to paint the Engine cover and various other parts in the BODYPARTS.dds, but it seems using the extensions in the MAS file does not work when added to the original Team Skin file name. Was wondering if there was something I am missing.

Thank you

Well in fact this texture is not supposed to be skinnable. If you want you can, by dropping the .dds file into your team folder, but ingame it will be applyied on all other F430 cars on tracks, not only yours, so i advice you to keep it like that.

And i'm not sure ferrari would have appreciated too mutch car tunning anyway :redface:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%