END OF THE SEASSON - Your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Garcia

Premium
Hello guys,

as the seasson have already finished we from STC staff would really appreciate if you could answer in this thread to the next points one by one and trying to reflect your whole team feeling about STC Blue Cup 2010. The intention is to make things better next seasson, correct what we did wrong and find the way to make STC survive for years.

These are the questions you should answer. Once every Team Spokesman have answered we will move the whole thread to the public part of the STC Forum so everybody will be able to read it.

OVERALL FEELING ABOUT STC BLUE CUP 2010:
WHAT YOU LIKED FROM THE SEASSON:
WHAT YOU DIDN´T LIKED FROM THE SEASSON & WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE/IMPROVE:
FINAL COMENT:
Thanks for answering!

THIS THREAD WILL OPEN NEXT JUNE, MONDAY 14. * But you can start preparing your answers and commenting with your team mates if you think it is needed. :tongue:

Thread open! Please try to answer using the format in the first post, it will help us making some conclusions about the seasson... part of the ones we already did.

By the way, numberplates for next seasson have been presented on main site. Hope you like them.

Too many bugs (not a surprise) who cause unfair race. I have the feeling that the results was based on "how lucky you was to not be ejected from the game".

Our saleen Mustang was a blast to drive, the high quality of the broadcast, and our result on Algarve :)

Bugs / Resolve bugs (lol)
My f*****g internet provider (i have changed and no problem now)
The war system in the way that sometime guys vote before explanation from the accused.

IDEAS:
Broadcast during qualification session should be a must to have and very exciting for spectators.

FINAL COMENT:
We hope the Black Cup was safe of technical problems, in order you can see the real potential of the Project D guys :D

1 - OVERALL FEELING ABOUT STC BLUE CUP 2010
It was a great champ, sure with problems (just think at morgan, portimao box or car names and dumps), but the overall feeling about the format of the champ is that it was wonderful. Unfortunatelly our team had a very slow car (mosler in straights is weak) but we think that with a more balanced car would undoubtedly have been even more fun
2 - WHAT YOU LIKED FROM THE SEASSON
The mod (if unbugged!), the people (smart and very nice) and the championship formula, we like very long runs.
3 - WHAT YOU DIDN´T LIKED FROM THE SEASSON & WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE/IMPROVE
Probably the differences between cars, ok, you cannot have a vertigo faster than an F1 car, but probably some cars were too fast of the others.
Another thing I don't like is the SUPERPOLE way, i'd like to have 2-3 chance for my fast lap.
4 - IDEAS
A general briefing into one general room, the staff talk to all drivers once. No one else exept improvements in the previously told problems
5 - FINAL COMENT
Same as overall feelings, great champs with some problems, but as we say in italy:"not all the donuts born with the hole!".

This year flew by for us, all of us at RPM would like to thank the STC staff for such a fantastic league, and we hope next season is even better. We has some fantastic battles and some arguments, but that's all part of sim-racing and it's what makes us love it so much. I thought this season has up's and down's.

Tracks and mod looked and sounded fantastic! Was really a joy to listen and watch the broadcasts. The car's were also very well made and they were all very even, and I liked the way some were good at tracks other's weren't.
For me the format is perfect, 90minute races and bang on, with lots of scope to have various pitstop strategies. The tyre mod was, for me the greatest addition to the season as it allowed 2 stoppers to actually be in contention like me saw with Roland at Trois-Riveres.
Personally, I think there are more UP's than DOWN's but with everything, there are some Downsides:

Unreliability was a major issue in the season, which effected team like DHR and Project D severely. For us and DMv we had a fairly scop free season, with little to no problems with the mod. However, we cannot see this as a plus side as we want everybody to have an equal chance of finishing the race as the next person. I think the mod was an extremely good idea, but the problems people have had have dented the image of STC slightly, for me this is unfortunate as STC has the potential to become the greatest league in sim-racing. I think we should of tested the mod more and waited to deliver it for next season rather than a slightly rushed approach to get it ready for this season past. For the tyre choices, I think their could be a SOFT/MEDIUM/HARD tyre, with the soft tyre lasting about 10-15 minutes and having excellent grip, the Medium lasting 30-40 Minutes with medium grip and the Hard Tyre lasting 40-60 Minutes with little grip but lasting a long time. This could provide a change from Soft's/Hard's by going 60/30 or 30/60 or just a 45/45 with the mediums. I think the Hard tyre was too good and people (except TBR, PJD and DMv at Trois Riveres) were the only ones that saw a massive impact in using the soft tyres. For me, a bigger spectrum will provide more interesting strategies.

IDEAS:

A cool idea would be to have someone on the Teamspeak channels to run up and down the channels, asking what tyres and fuel strategies drivers are on, just hints though. Also they can get team's reaction's on incident's etc. A bit different to my previous suggestion (Post #3) but I think this can be better as TS can stay in their channels and if they are angry we will avoid any (%$&**%) on live broadcasting.
The engine noise sometimes overpowered the commentary so we couldn't hear what was being said, sometimes this is good when the commentators are bad, but you guys aren't :p
Broadcasting for qualifying would be cool as we can see who is on a good lap and who has screwed up :D

FINAL COMMENT:
Hope you find these comments of use!

OVERALL FEELING ABOUT STC BLUE CUP 2010: Apart from the visuals, we were always a bit off, both STC and BFR
WHAT YOU LIKED FROM THE SEASSON: Broadcasts were cool, great camera work by Xose and great teamwork in broadcast crew, mod looked awesome, some very great battles on the track. very big thanks to David and Xose the driven guys behind this. Personally I would like you two to slow down a little for next season to enjoy the fruit of your labors more :) Would love to see both of you on the grid.
WHAT YOU DIDN´T LIKED FROM THE SEASSON & WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE/IMPROVE: The dread that set in just before start: who will pop off this time? Frustration as there were too many factos to be figured in to get to a solution quickly and reliably. Some of the comments in incident threads that were too team-sided. Our repeated mistake of installing changes on very short notice, sometimes trhe day before a race. Rule should be that all changes are set into motion diratcly after a raceday and tested between races with a full grid. The consistent problems with Evo and steam (not the mod) caused us to lose many points.
IDEAS: s.a.
FINAL COMENT: we'll get stronger, I know there will be a rebounce effect.

It was a strange season for our team, with all the problems we had in training made it difficult to keep motivated but we made it to the end and had some good results. Overall it was still enjoyable, the racing is why we are all here and again this season was of the highest standard (most of the time).

WHAT YOU LIKED FROM THE SEASON:

The racing.....after that I think this season was rather ambitious, the new mod was a big step. Most of the cars looked great, I liked the new tracks. The new tyre choices were a great addition. The broadcasts were good quality in terms of commentary.

Moreover what I like about STC is the high quality of presentation. I think the website is great, the clean design, the design of all the posters and media I think overall its very professional. I like the WAR system, it works well and gives all the teams a chance to get involved.

The Mod - I think was too ambitious and unfortunately the amount of testing needed to produce something on that scale (in EVO) was underestimated. The car models and the changing/mixing of physics from other cars to create new cars in my opinion was simply not needed, its all there already (default), tested and well balanced. Personally I would have just added the tyre mod to default cars.

The Tyres - Good idea but missed the mark in my view, its arguably the most important part of the car (even virtually). I think less work on other parts of the mod and more work on the tyre mod. Lets have Soft/Mediums/Hard, needs alot of testing to try and find the right balance so none are an obvious choice and multiple strategys could work.

The Broadcast - The visual quality is pretty poor, it really needs some looking into, must be able to get better than that and I think it should be a high priority for next season the broadcasts are STCs advert to the sim racing world, got to get it right.
There needs to be a bit more help on the broadcasts I think, your doing a great job really (EVO doesn't make it easy) but especially when our "Friendly Voice" is unavailable, there always needs to be some one to pick up the mic, there is sometimes but not always.

IDEAS:

Broadcast qualifying.
Switch to rFactor :p

FINAL COMMENT:

Keep up the good work, overall STC is going strong. Its a great series and we are all greatfull for you efforts to get this far but becareful with it, don't rush things, you don't need to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%