DiRT Rally end of october update

"Broken" as any other sim on this planet.
AC was never unplayable for me since day one of Early Access, yes, there were some issues here and there, but nothing that would stop me clocking hour after hour in it every day.
With stutter introduced in v 0.8 and still not fixed, Dirt Rally essentially a paperweight, i.e. absolutely and completely unplayable.
Anyway, this is Dirt Rally topic. No AC talks. :)
Was merely making a comparison between two early access games

"Broken" as any other sim on this planet.
AC was never unplayable for me since day one of Early Access, yes, there were some issues here and there, but nothing that would stop me clocking hour after hour in it every day.
With stutter introduced in v 0.8 and still not fixed, Dirt Rally essentially a paperweight, i.e. absolutely and completely unplayable.
Anyway, this is Dirt Rally topic. No AC talks. :)

Well, there are people who have the stutter since 0.8, but many of us never had it.

Yes the engines are still 2L but the cars should vary greatly if CM did it right. 2 Focuses in the same class, 7 years apart... Why is then 037 deserving a separate class, it's still group b...

Not that it bothers me much, it's just that I expected 00-05 in the 2000 class and 05-10 in 2010 class and 10-15 in 2015 class. Would get Ford and Citroen in all of the classes.
So they will put the Polo and DS3 in 2010 class? (They should add them as they got the lincences for RX stuff...)

It would get pretty crammed and everyone would pick the latest spec car for an easy win...

You won't see any more Citroens. Fact.And yes the cars do vary differently, but they're still from that era.

You won't see any more Citroens. Fact.And yes the cars do vary differently, but they're still from that era.
Funny, but they managed to get the licence for DS3 RX version...Its like an F1 game with Ferarri missing.

Alas, leaving the car politics and decisions aside, tarmac is still F'd up and ridiculous to drive. Either are they waiting for all cars to get up to v2 and make a global chsnge of some sorts or they have absolutely no idea what is causing the weird behaviour, but that is unlikely from a dev team.

hmmm just tried a clean tarmac stage and it still feels off, I tried before a wet or snow stage they felt fine but clean tarmac just feels a bit odd. it feels to me like the car has a tonne of downforce, but I really cant put my finger on it!

hmmm just tried a clean tarmac stage and it still feels off, I tried before a wet or snow stage they felt fine but clean tarmac just feels a bit odd. it feels to me like the car has a tonne of downforce, but I really cant put my finger on it!

What car? V1's literally had tons of downforce. V2's should have correct values of downforce/lift.

I'm not that happy with tarmac feel either though.

Even if you look at the twitch stream they did, the first run is done with the Evo on a gamepad... you can SEE it behave wrong. He is doing small corrections in the straights, but instead of the car leaning and following its track, the trajectory is straight, but the car pivots left and right on a flat plane.

a) even to a slow chap like me tarmac in pristine conditions still feels somewhat floaty, i am never quite sure where my virtual wheels are. also there is still a feeling of a middle axis around which the car pivots rather than four wheels doing stuff on the ground.
b) no performance issues here with dirt rally but AC, which i liked and bought on day one of early access, broken after last update, even reinstall has not solved the problem, no track loads at all. ran fine all the way to reno and now this out of the clear blue sky. just saying this because it shows: our pc configs are soooo different, from time to time sth. does not work, in this case even after full release.

Ok have been playing about with settings, done an integrity check, (45 files needed to be acquired) turned down graphics from high to medium preset, vsync on and multisampling off. Previous was graphics high, 2xmsaa and vsync off before 0.8 update, which worked well.
Now with these new settings game is more playable but still a very slight but noticeable micro stutter and FPS between 55-60. now I don't want my money back, just need to get rid of the stutter then I will be happy, for now at least.
Anyone any more ideas?
Have a GTX 660
AMD quad core and 8GB RAM
Have removed any add ons from before. (Impact Force Feedback and More Car Movement).

I have the same card an play on high fluid even in RX races. i5 8gb
Ok have been playing about with settings, done an integrity check, (45 files needed to be acquired) turned down graphics from high to medium preset, vsync on and multisampling off. Previous was graphics high, 2xmsaa and vsync off before 0.8 update, which worked well.
Now with these new settings game is more playable but still a very slight but noticeable micro stutter and FPS between 55-60. now I don't want my money back, just need to get rid of the stutter then I will be happy, for now at least.
Anyone any more ideas?
Have a GTX 660
AMD quad core and 8GB RAM
Have removed any add ons from before. (Impact Force Feedback and More Car Movement).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%