Enable oculus rift in GSC using VorpX

Hi there,

I find a way to use oculus rift in GSC with 3D support.

It's not perfect but better than simple 2d or just a flat screen ;)

Hey buddy what i need for that :

-VorpX (https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/product/46304-2) 29.99€ I know it's not free but i didn't found free solution maybe vireio perception driver can work but i never get it worked if you can done it you're welcome :) (it's free and open source https://github.com/cybereality/Perception)

-RF1 headtracking plugin (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ugin-and-Tools?p=301690&viewfull=1#post301690) it's working far better than vorpx integrated solution

-An no steam installation of GSC (for the 3d installation) i will explain why in tutorial

-An oculus rift (not a joke really :) )

Ok buddy all is ready what i have to done now

First step install VorpX

(as i remember once it's installer you will need to email Vorpx team for get activation code it's a bit pain and frustating if you will it fastly but no other way except if they have changed her system)

Second step prepare you're GSC Game:

-Copy the headtracking plugin into GSC2013\Plugins in same time move or remove the TrackIRPlugin.dll for avoid any conflict in tracking
tuto1.png

(the name of dll is Rf1Rift_3_0_test1.dll)

Once done go to you're PLR file for example mine is :
GSC2013\UserData\rafffel\rafffel.PLR

and edit the following line (important step else you will get some weird on headtracking):

Code:
Glance Rate="200.00000" // Rate to follow controller for glancing
Look Up/Down Angle="1.00000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Look Roll Angle="1.00000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Glance Angle="1.00000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Lookahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lookahead (yaw) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
Head Rotation="1.00000" // Additional head physics multiplier affecting rotation only
Exaggerate Yaw="0.00000" // Visually exaggerates the heading angle of the vehicle by rotating the head (which may improve "feel")

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.00000" // Primary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="0.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.00000" // Secondary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="0.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

rename d3d9.dll for allow vorpx to inject his dll
so i have simply rename d3d9.dll into d3d9_original.dll for keep it in case of :
tuto2.png

the next step (and final one for game preparation) can only be done on non-steam version (you can done it but you will never able to launch the game cause steam say can't found executable)
This step only allow 3d enable

In base folder rename GSC.exe to rFactor.exe
like that :
tuto3.png

Because vorpx tweak his soft for some game it only detect by name of process and need rFactor.exe for enable 3D

Ok now you're game is ready

Launch VorpX configuration :
tuto4.png

In general check in input part all is untick (concerning headtracking)
And for prevent any administrator right problem tick the run Vorpx control as administrator
tuto5.png

Take a look to in-gale key binding for memorize some key for configure some setting in-game like:

Vorpx in game menu (default is delete key)
Edgepeek (allow you to reduce vignette for see edge of windows) (default is middle mouse clic)
Display Fps counter (usefull for see if some setting need to be lowing) (default is Alt + F)

Now clic apply & close it will probably say device not found like that :
tuto6.png

Clic no.

Make a shortcut of game (renamed rFactor.exe or GSC.exe) , the start vorpx and GSConfig.exe on you're desktop for get it more easy with rift.

Make sur you're rift was in extended mode.

Turn on the rift and launch GSConfig.exe check resolution for have 1920x1080 32bit with 75hz refresh rate :
tuto7.png

Once done launch vorpx and launch rfactor.exe
If i didn't forget a step you will get oculus rift display and can navigate in-game menu through rift
:
Edgepeek mode :
GRAB_000.JPG
GRAB_001.JPG

Normal mode :
GRAB_002.JPG

As you can see on that last pictures there is some glitch introduced by vorpx 3d geometry reconstruction on right image visual information about speed on car was black on left all ok
it's also happen something wrong with shadow and some object on track so i'have disabled shadow in image quality.
Make sur you have enought fps with ALt+F else reduce quality

Don't forget to map look down button in game it will be the center VR key

in next post my vorpx setting .
Seem not bad but seem i'm a little boy in big car so if anyone can found better setup share it :)

Vorpx allow you to disable 3d reconstruction it can be usefull if you need more FPS but it not as good as 3d geometry also no 3d reconstruction remove some of 3d glitch
also Z-normal and z-adaptive wasn't really good so free to try :)

Enjoy and have a fun

Last edited:
Hello rafffel,

Two things:

1) To move your view in the car(you said you feel like a child in a big seat), you can use the keys O, P, L, and semicolon(;) to move the camera in the seat.

2) I believe steam allows you to edit your launch options for a game by right clicking on the game icon, perhaps in there you can point to the newly named "rfactor.exe" file and steam will be able to launch it.

I will be testing this solution you have presented when I get home. I already have vorpx and have been playing GSCE with it but without 3d, hopefully this fixes that.

Thanks,

Dave

I know about moving but after seem too far from wheel in-gale :/ wich fov do you use in-game with the rift ? (actually i use 90)

for point 2 it's think i have tried with simple mklink but unsuccesfull.
And do not seem to have any way to change executable name :/

I know about moving but after seem too far from wheel in-gale :/ wich fov do you use in-game with the rift ? (actually i use 90)

for point 2 it's think i have tried with simple mklink but unsuccesfull.
And do not seem to have any way to change executable name :/

Hello rafffel,

I use 100 FOV but it still looks like you have described. Everything feels bigger than it should.

I have the steam version of GSCE so I cannot test the method you have provided, unfortunately.

i Have got a way for increase fov more than 100 i have got nice result with 115° wheel seem good size.

It's a bit over than DK2 100° fov but seem better in rift.
I probably post the way to do tomorrow

Tutorial for get more than 100° FOV :

You need :
-GSC
-CheatEngine (http://www.cheatengine.org/)

once you have installed Cheat engine start it you got this :
fov1.png

Launch GSC and wait it fully launched .

Alt tab to cheat engine and attach process using this :

fov2.png

Select GSC.exe or rfactor.exe (if you have renamed it for vorpx)
and clic open

In the game go to option => display and look at fov value.
in my case i have setted to 100

go to cheat engine in value put 100 and clic first scan (make sure scan type is on Exact value and value type 4 Bytes)
you got something like this :
fov4.png

in change change fov value to another one for example i put 95
In cheat engine change value to 95 and clic Next scan it will shortener found list :
fov5.png

if needed do it one more time for only have one address in list
fov6.png

once you have that right clic on address and add selected address to adress list.
You see you're address in the bottom

double clic on value in address list and put fov you want like 115 for me
and magically fov will stick to 115 in game :)
fov7.png

So you need to do that each time you launch the game

you can also bind some key in cheat engine for increase or decrease fov
rightclic on address list => setHotkeys=>Create hotkey choose you're case and in drop down list choose increase or deacrease value with put a value like 5 or 10 and apply and test in game

Hi there rafffel,
I just bought vorpX and tried your tutorial to get it running with GSC. The problem that everything is huge bothers a lot so I tried your description for the FOV hack but I can't get it to work. Whatever value i put into cheatengine it come's up with hundreds or thousends of values. Do you have a hint for me how I can adjust that?

Thanks and take care

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.7%
  • < 5 years