PC1 Empty Box not longer covering a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before, I only recently started watching some Empty Box stuff so knew of him only because he was a high level racer who was able to communicate well while doing what he was doing which was racing at a high level in what is BY FAR the best racing sim on the market right now for pure racing. Not the prettiest, not the best FFB, not the best menus, certainly not the best value, but for pure racing it has no competition really. And that is Iracing.

So to see his PCARS post was surprising, as I kind of expected him to be fairly dismissive. But he was not overly so, merely that fans and the game were not what he liked. He was not nasty or hateful, maybe a little harsh on the fans and the company but we all know that comes from Boss man Bell, and trickles down.

The issue on this very thread is the one that has affected this title for years now. And that is that for some reason those that like it are passionate in their belief almost to the point of mania. It is like some sort of cult. Whether it be because they are paid up members or guys who play it on a console and think it's the best thing since sliced bread I don't know, but they certainly seem to have a rather odd passion for what is essentially a console game masquerading as a sim on PC.

This is in effect what Box was intimating. The AI plays like a console, the FFB can be set-up OK if you know what you are doing but takes an age. The menu's, pretty graphics, packaging, distribution are ALL pointers to it being a console game. It's how it was marketed on release, how it was advertised. The online services are clearly setup for one or two consoles as PC hosting has been an issue form the outset, I mean guys what more evidence do you need? And therefore it can NEVER be a proper sim as consoles are too soft and catering for controllers HAS to be a part of your physics design, my critique of the game from the outset that has been proved correct.

Developed by fans who thought they were going to get a sim, did a large percentage of the BETA testing and bug sorting and then cashed in a little upon release.

This guy is a respected tuber who doesn't like it, as thousands don't. If you do fair enough, but don't expect any positive comments on a thread about Box as you wont get them!

As I said before, I only recently started watching some Empty Box stuff so knew of him only because he was a high level racer who was able to communicate well while doing what he was doing which was racing at a high level in what is BY FAR the best racing sim on the market right now for pure racing. Not the prettiest, not the best FFB, not the best menus, certainly not the best value, but for pure racing it has no competition really. And that is Iracing.

So to see his PCARS post was surprising, as I kind of expected him to be fairly dismissive.

The issue on this very thread is the one that has affected this title for years now. And that is that for some reason those that like it are passionate in their belief almost to the point of mania. It is like some sort of cult. Whether it be because they are paid up members or guys who play it on a console and think its the best thing since sliced bread I don't know, but they certainly seem to have a rather odd passion for what is essentially a console game masquerading as a sim on PC.

This is in effect what Box was intimating. The AI plays like a console, the FFB can be set-up OK if you know what you are doing but takes an age. The menu's, pretty graphics, packaging, distribution are ALL pointers to it being a console game. The onoine services are clearly setup for one or two consoles as PC hosting has been an issue form the outset, I mean guys what more evidence do you need?

Developed by fans who thought they were going to get a sim, did a large percentage of the BETA testing and bug sorting and then cashed in a little upon release.

This guy is a respected tuber who doesn't like it, as thousands don't. If you do fair enough, but don't expect any positive comments on here as you wont get them!
Just more elitist garbage! Why are you here Rob if iRacing is so great???? Would this long drawn out post just be a waste of yours and mine time??

Maybe this is the way you all think(about giving someone some ass)! and what's sad is on Christmas eve a person has nothing better to do then to start this thread. When the thread material is presented in a way to discuss it civilized I will do so but this thread is an obvious attempt to troll pCARS and I wonder why the moderators here can't see that? Anyway any respectable forum with respectable moderators would have at least changed the name of the thread.

Why does it bother you so much? Pcars has pretty much bombed in the community. Serious sim racers won't even acknowledge it The bugs completely and utterly spoil it for many. And finally you are stating that RD is not respectable and has no respectable moderators? Take it up with them.

Why does it bother you so much? Pcars has pretty much bombed in the community. The bugs completely and utterly spoil it for many. And finally you are stating that RD is not respectable and has no respectable moderators? Take it up with them.
I disagree maybe simracers have just bombed with their approach on how to use it??? I don't experience any bugs myself. Also I only call into question RD's respectability as I am aware people can lose sight of the bigger things at hand at times and maybe they need to hear my opinion or a reminder of what is acceptable?

I will be honest fella.

At the moment my PC and gear do not warrant me paying for it. I have been out of work on and off for a while so cannot really justify the cost. And to get a lot out of Iracing you do have to spend fairly big in comparison with other sims, so even if I was loaded I am not sure I would go the whole hog!

I am not elitist really, I play console games too. I bought Dirt rally recently expecting that to be very consoley but was pleasantly shocked, it is one of the toughest sims I have ever played.

I am here because I have taken an interest in PCARS form the outset, how they went about it, what they did, how they treated people and what came out of it.

And happily I have been proved right by people like EB. The game made millions, made a lot of people happy, but for those of us who stuck their neck above the wall to comment on what it felt like and got shot down, vids like this are immensely satisfying from people who KNOW what they are really talking about!

If you love it, carry on doing, I am not going to take the mick!

Anyway I don't know why people give Matt the recognition he gets he is doing nothing for the industry. Does not contribute here and is not a premium member most likely did not help Crowd fund Reiza or any other developer or title and is basically a self promoting black eye to the industry. A taker that does not give anything back.

Also just remember RD you would allow these types of posts about Darin Gangi. Matt puts himself in position to receive these types of comments!

I will be honest fella.

At the moment my PC and gear do not warrant me paying for it. I have been out of work on and off for a while so cannot really justify the cost. And to get a lot out of Iracing you do have to spend fairly big in comparison with other sims, so even if I was loaded I am not sure I would go the whole hog!

I am not elitist really, I play console games too. I bought Dirt rally recently expecting that to be very consoley but was pleasantly shocked, it is one of the toughest sims I have ever played.

I am here because I have taken an interest in PCARS form the outset, how they went about it, what they did, how they treated people and what came out of it.

And happily I have been proved right by people like EB. The game made millions, made a lot of people happy, but for those of us who stuck their neck above the wall to comment on what it felt like and got shot down, vids like this are immensely satisfying from people who KNOW what they are really talking about!

If you love it, carry on doing, I am not going to take the mick!
So if your being honest here should I question your honesty everywhere else? Just remember you are the infamous Rob Every.

I can't help but think this thread has got a bit out of hand. Matt just gave his honest opinion without being a dick about it and people STILL jump down his throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back