PC1 Empty Box not longer covering a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got into Iracing in part due to Matt's video's. I found them entertaining and informative. I don't always agree with him and sometimes I think he's gets on a soapbox as the one and only authority on all things sims. At times I've thought he was down right immature like the time he got into it with the dude from Inside Sim Racing and posted a video about it...like really man, how old are you. But I digress, those are his opinions and he's welcome to them. He's a good sim racer, he's knowledgeable about the topic and he's a good commentator. So there's no wonder why he's popular.
With that being said though, I don't really understand his need to publish the PCars video. Maybe he was getting a lot questions as to why there wasn't any PCars content but for me, I don't think he owed anyone an explanation. It's his channel and he's free to post whatever content he chooses. It's completely understandable if he bought a product that he doesn't care for and even worse, he bought it from a company that chooses to do business in a manner that he doesn't agree with. So be done with it, who cares.
But posting the vid was yet another example of him behaving a little childish to me. It's as if he were a kid explaining to other kids why he was taking his toys home. Matt, grow up man. You're making money from your video's, you're popular in the sim community...shut up and move on. At the end of the day, his decision to not post any more PCars content isn't going to stop anyone from playing PCars or even watching his channel, people will make those decisions for themselves...it's not that serious. I've followed Matt for awhile now and will continue to until I get tired of him. And if I do decide to stop following him, I certainly won't create a thread about it.
And for Slightly Mad Studios, they will learn like every other business that if you don't treat your customers right, you won't grow your business, thus limiting the time that you stay in business. I had high hopes for PCars and was let down by it. And because of that, I won't be buying PCars 2. I've come to like PCars for what it is, a fun racing game, but it's certainly not the sim it was touted to be during the build up to it's release. It, like every game, has it's issues and there are things that frustrate me about it. But I have no desire to post rants about any game or commentator, for that matter. If I find that I don't enjoy something, I simply move on in the quiet of the night.
I'm an older guy who got into sim racing as a way to bridge my love of driving with something fun to do in the comfort of my home after a hard day at work. This is the only forum that I participate in and to be honest, I limit my comments because of the behavior I see. Much like some of Matt's video's, I find some in the community to be lacking in maturity. Some people here seem to think their opinions are more valid than others so they choose to denigrate and be disrespectful instead of respecting a different viewpoint. To those individuals, I would say, grow up, you're making it difficult for others to have an enjoyable experience on this forum. To Matt, I would say, do you man, you don't owe anyone an explanation....nor do we (I) want to hear it.

I got into Iracing in part due to Matt's video's. I found them entertaining and informative. I don't always agree with him and sometimes I think he's gets on a soapbox as the one and only authority on all things sims. At times I've thought he was down right immature like the time he got into it with the dude from Inside Sim Racing and posted a video about it...like really man, how old are you. But I digress, those are his opinions and he's welcome to them. He's a good sim racer, he's knowledgeable about the topic and he's a good commentator. So there's no wonder why he's popular.
With that being said though, I don't really understand his need to publish the PCars video. Maybe he was getting a lot questions as to why there wasn't any PCars content but for me, I don't think he owed anyone an explanation. It's his channel and he's free to post whatever content he chooses. It's completely understandable if he bought a product that he doesn't care for and even worse, he bought it from a company that chooses to do business in a manner that he doesn't agree with. So be done with it, who cares.
But posting the vid was yet another example of him behaving a little childish to me. It's as if he were a kid explaining to other kids why he was taking his toys home. Matt, grow up man. You're making money from your video's, you're popular in the sim community...shut up and move on. At the end of the day, his decision to not post any more PCars content isn't going to stop anyone from playing PCars or even watching his channel, people will make those decisions for themselves...it's not that serious. I've followed Matt for awhile now and will continue to until I get tired of him. And if I do decide to stop following him, I certainly won't create a thread about it.
And for Slightly Mad Studios, they will learn like every other business that if you don't treat your customers right, you won't grow your business, thus limiting the time that you stay in business. I had high hopes for PCars and was let down by it. And because of that, I won't be buying PCars 2. I've come to like PCars for what it is, a fun racing game, but it's certainly not the sim it was touted to be during the build up to it's release. It, like every game, has it's issues and there are things that frustrate me about it. But I have no desire to post rants about any game or commentator, for that matter. If I find that I don't enjoy something, I simply move on in the quiet of the night.
I'm an older guy who got into sim racing as a way to bridge my love of driving with something fun to do in the comfort of my home after a hard day at work. This is the only forum that I participate in and to be honest, I limit my comments because of the behavior I see. Much like some of Matt's video's, I find some in the community to be lacking in maturity. Some people here seem to think their opinions are more valid than others so they choose to denigrate and be disrespectful instead of respecting a different viewpoint. To those individuals, I would say, grow up, you're making it difficult for others to have an enjoyable experience on this forum. To Matt, I would say, do you man, you don't owe anyone an explanation....nor do we (I) want to hear it.

If you read the comments of several of his last few videos, folks were asking for PCars videos. That's the reason for the video I believe.

I think Empty Box is right and be honest PCars will never be a "sim"

I doubt any car game is a real sim, you would have to have a "real" simulator like what pilots use to train for flying in, not a game with some screens, a wheel and pedals, with no real G-Force effects on your body. They are games that give a "part" of the illusion of driving the real thing, which is as close as most will get.

I doubt any car game is a real sim, you would have to have a "real" simulator like what pilots use to train for flying in, not a game with some screens, a wheel and pedals, with no real G-Force effects on your body. They are games that give a "part" of the illusion of driving the real thing, which is as close as most will get.

Agreed. But did you know that "real Simulators" that pilots train in, do not have G forces either. I recently had a go in a Royal Air Force simulator (Hawk fast jet) and to be honest, some the guys on here have better simulators rigged up.

The irony is I love pCars, I enjoy it immensely and its the first sim I want to fire up given any free time. I bought my way in very early and loved watching the progress go along. I never used the forums much as I like to tinker to figure things out. Finally, last September I went on and asked if anyone else thought the game had regressed in the past 2-3 months to that point and if the (then) November 2014 release date was in jeopardy. For the most part a lot of users replied that they agreed. One dufus replied to my comment about the excessive crash sound effect that I should watch youtube to learn how to drive sim cars... But the worst was from a moderator there, name started with "Rem..." or something, I forget. He tried to tear me a new one, it was embarrassing. I bet this is the same clown that's causing the toxic attitude in those forums. I did get a nice PM from another racer who was really sympathetic. But I haven't been back to those forums more that 5 times since. Fortunately for me I haven't needed them much.

I hope they get their act together PR-wise. There is so much potential there. It kind of reminds me of some in the iRacing community when they were starting out. They were so imperious and derogatory of everything else out at the time. Now that the competition is so much stronger they need to drum up the subscriptions, they are much more congenial.

Nothing changes the fact that many people accept the distinction between a PC sim and a console/MP simcade job.

Call them what you like but whats that saying? You can polish a t*rd, but it's still a t*rd.

So nothing changes the fact that they are games after all, if people want to believe they are really driving a racing car or one is more realistic than another, good for them, I just raced at Nordschleife in PC and enjoyed it a lot that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Call them what you like but whats that saying? You can polish a t*rd, but it's still a t*rd.

So nothing changes the fact that they are games after all, if people want to believe they are really driving a racing car or one is more realistic than another, good for them, I just raced at Nordschleife in PC and enjoyed it a lot that's all that matters.

Who said you can't enjoy it?....all "real" sim players are arguing for is the distinction between simcade and sim.

Who said you can't enjoy it?....all "real" sim players are arguing for is the distinction between simcade and sim.

You mean game players there all games, they all try and replicate some part of the real thing. And why is it so important for you to try and ram down everyone's throats that PC is not a sim? Like I said none of them are "real" sims, there games, it takes a part of your imagination to turn them into a real driving experience.

If you want to sit at home and imagine you are driving a real car go for it that's the objective after all, hell get in your own car and make engine and brake noises if that's what turns you on, but don't go trying to tell others what they can or can't do, or can or can't call something, who died and made you king?

. And why is it so important for you to try and ram down everyone's throats that PC is not a sim? Like I said none of them are "real" sims, there games, it takes a part of your imagination to turn them into a real driving experience.

I'm simply sticking up for what I and others accept as real sims...it doesn't matter how many casual gamers or non technical people play and enjoy obvious simcade jobs, what does matter is that real sims are given publicity and recognition for their physics and FFB quality{almost any PC sim can be used/tweaked as a FFB benchmark, whereas simcade jobs are notorious for being difficult to set}.

When I first tried one of the open wheelers in Game Stock Car{Now SCE}.......I was impressed by the fact that I had to use proper braking techniques, ie, heavy at first and then trailing off as downforce decreased, but I distinctly recall being able to slam on the brakes of the pcars zonda at 300kph and suffer no penalty, iow, simple simon applications worked fine.

What this means is that if you and I had to drive a fast rl open wheeler around spa.....you'd crash and make a dill of yourself, but I'd probably get the vehicle around the track without incident even if I was slowish.

David

A lot of casual racers can't even begin to tell the difference between RF2 and Pcars other than Pcars looks awesome and RF2, in their minds, looks 10 years old.

LOL, true, and I feel embarrassed for them.
Anyway, I'm not sure if you know, but the nutters at Nogrip originated the nonsense that all games are sims{except very blatant arcade ones}, and that person now works for SMS and mods VirtualR....of course, SMS have done nothing over the last 5yrs but produce forgettable simcade trash IMO.

LOL, true, and I feel embarrassed for them.
Anyway, I'm not sure if you know, but the nutters at Nogrip originated the nonsense that all games are sims{except very blatant arcade ones}, and that person now works for SMS and mods VirtualR....of course, SMS have done nothing over the last 5yrs but produce forgettable simcade trash IMO.

I didn't know about those twits from nogrip but I am not surprised. Poor drivers always want positive reinforcement that they are better drivers than they really are. A crap driver gets an ego boost from a pseudo sim like Pcars.

I didn't know about those twits from nogrip but I am not surprised. Poor drivers always want positive reinforcement that they are better drivers than they really are. A crap driver gets an ego boost from a pseudo sim like Pcars.

You aren't actually saying drivers as in you think you are really driving the car? Your a video game player, what do you walk down the street and tell people hey I can play a video game better than the next person, or is there a club where you all hang out talking about how you beat the record in a video game?

Imagine if you went up to Louis Hamilton and told him you could beat him, do you think he would be impressed when you told him it was in a video game?

I really think you people need to get out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back