PC1 Emerson Fattibaldi hurt at Watkins Glen shock horror

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Some bad news folks. Emerson Fattibaldi has been seriously hurt in his Team Italia Radical SR3 at a race at Watkins Glen Short track, NY yesterday.
Fattibaldi was running 7th in class at Watkins Glen this morning when a small collision with the number 3 car caused him to spin off and collide with the armco at high speed just before Turn 11. His car disintegrated around him but his safety designed cockpit kept him from more serious injury or death. Latest report from St Barts Hospital is that Fattibaldi suffered 4 virtual rib breaks, one virtual broken leg and both virtual wrists broken. It is not believed that he has any virtual internal bleeding or damage. :whistling:
radical%202_zpsxkuifjpn.jpg

radical%206_zpsifq5tpx8.jpg

radical%205_zpszk2msuq9.jpg

WGI%20layout%20showing%20the%20esses_zpsnx0oi6vo.png

radical%204_zpsqnvieom3.jpg

radical%203_zpsbiewbtf4.jpg

radical%201_zps7gefgnjv.jpg

Seriously though folks, I quite like the damage model on some of the cars. On others you can't seem to get much damage at all. But I like it. Its ace. What do you think of the damage model?

By the way, Emerson is hoping to be fit in time for the next RaceDepartment Radical race. Stay tuned for further updates. :thumbsup:

Wow, this little fun tale got a dislike off @Oscar Hardwick How sad can he be? I'll be getting a dislike from martinsalat next, he's another happy member. :laugh:

Can you believe that. He's not real Oscar. :rolleyes: Honest. No racing driver was harmed during the making of this...........post.:laugh::roflmao:

:roflmao:

Last edited:
The damage model is actually dictated by the brand owner. Many of the cars, when they were still no-brand, had pretty good damage.. basically falling into many small pieces. Then they got the brand and got clear instructions what could and could not happen to the car.

For instance, if I remember correctly, Mercedes Benz or Audi had the demand that there could be nothing coming lose from the car.. not even wheels, no matter how hard you crash. :(

Thus some cars in the game can be more damaged than others..

I still think it is way too forgiving. The Forumla type cars should be like the were at one point in the beta.. a slightest touch at speed on a wall would damage them. This is not the case any longer which sucks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%