Electric cars?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Crayfish, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Crayfish

Crayfish

Ratings:
    +2
    Was wondering if there are any mods that simulate electric cars? There are quite a few electric sports cars now, and a few sporty road going electric cars like the Tesla Roadster. Im very curious to drive one of these vehicles dues to thier unique characteristics like generating all thier Torque at 0 rpms, and having no transmission.

2. April Dillon

April Dillon

Ratings:
    +1,102
    I'm tempted to modify some existing mods to achieve this, but I think we're quite limited. A lot of electric sports cars are opting for seperate motors on each side, which I don't believe we can simulate in rFactor.

3. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Premium

Ratings:
    +479
    Just give the car a lot of torque (3000ft-lbs, yes that's a real figure), no back tourque, one gear (like a 4th gear ratio) and no rev limit in the "engine.ini file". Oh and you'll need to modify the sound files. Electric race motors do have some sound. May use a Formula One max RPM sound.

Listen here

4. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +769
  5. Crayfish

Crayfish

Ratings:
    +2
    Interesting input guys, thanks. Very nicely writen piece Rhys, I'll have to look up some of yourother articles.

6. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +769
    Thank you Crayfish. :)

Unfortunately, with the multitude of front page updates over the last two years, a lot of them are gone save for my SuperLeague Formula 2009 review and a couple of others. I still have the original files on my computer though... I may have to upload them somewhere for old time's sake.

7. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Premium

Ratings:
    +479
    Rhys amybe if someone (*cough, cough) me made the model we could use your files and physics =o)