EK Simracing + Simrace DLX

Right, so my new display is in the wheel and it's all working good so far. However, if I'm turning the rotary encoder it randomly changes the display on my left display.

Don't get me wrong, I want it to change - but there doesn't seem to be a pattern. In lap 1 I'm switching from position to laps completed. 5 minutes later it goes from laps completed to speed or KERS but I can't switch back to position etc. (F1 2013 for this example)

What am I missing? I'm sure it's somehow related to the settings but I didn't change them apart from setting the encoder to change the display - that wasn't set in the first place. I've also changed the encoders behaviour to being an encoder instead of a button with the setup tool provided by the Simdisplay guys.

Help would be appreciated.

Tom

Did you use the encoder setup tool to config the correct bitrate of the encoder? Even if you did it for the SLI-Pro before with Bodnars' tool, this doesn't apply anymore to your new display. Even if you set it up to be a button, the encoder needs to a rate setup so it can output the correct signal, I believe this should be 1:1 for the CTS288 ones. Also, use a small delay, standard 50ms or so. It seems you already have this tool but just to be sure:

You can download the encoder configurator tool on this page:
http://www.simdisplay.net/sim-race-deluxe

or click the following link:
http://www.simdisplay.net/downloads/SRD_Board_Settings.zip

Upvote 0
Yep, I never calibrated it for the PRO display - it worked right out of the box. So when I set it up for the DLX display I set it to 1:1 but it appears as if only every other click is being taken into account even tho the delay is set to 40ms or so. I'll try to reset it tonight.

Then again, I don't mind having to use more clicks. I'd just like the change in the information displayed to be consistent - i.e. change in a set rotation (1 speed, 2 laps, 3 kers etc.). :)

Upvote 0
Ok so it still seems like it's changing the display in groups - could one of you guys, in simple words, explain to me what I should do in order to make this simply go from the first to the last display option? Probably even where to check which option is meant to assign the button(s) in question, just so make sure I haven't made a mistake. :)

Tom

Upvote 0
Check your controller configuration options, you know where all the configurable buttons light up when used and you can view your wheel axis and pedal axiis readout. When rotating positively, only button 4 (for example) should light up and when rotating negatively only button 3 should light up. If you are seeing a pattern where both buttons are activated no matter which direction you are rotating in, you need to check the setup of the encoders. If possible provide screenshots :)

Upvote 0
Well, I assume that it's easy to say which function should toggle the information displayed on the left / right display, eh? I just want to know which one should do that, to prevent any errors from being made. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing