EGT mod URD

I bought the EGT mod from URD. And all the cars have massive understeer.
Everytime I go into a corner I need to slow down a lot, or need to brake much earlier.

I just doesn't feel natural to me. Is it the base setup that is understeery? Or do I need to change some of the settings? I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Hmm, I also just bought the EGT mod recently (last week) but I can't be much help as I think they handle great even with the default setup, I might have tweaked the brake bias a bit. I'm also fairly new to rFactor 2 (month or so) as I was only running the demo on/off for a year, so I may not have a good comparison to most rF2 content. Before purchasing the EGT mod I was mostly racing the Celica GTO mod which I think is excellent. I'm loving the EGT mod.

It's hard to explain. But when I'm driving behind AI (100% difficulty) they can go way faster through corners. I have to slow down or go off the throttle to not go off track.
With other cars (e.g. the clio or the megane), I have no problem following AI and battling them. But with the EGT mod I just can't keep up with their pace.

And it's not because I have no experience with GT cars. Last year I drove the GT3 series on iRacing a lot, and I also have some experience from AC.

Yes the default is very understeery. It makes it easy to drive for people. To go fast and not kill your front tyres, it needs to be changed.
Springs and slow bump dampers (increase at rear decrease at front ) is a good start.

I bought the EGT mod from URD. And all the cars have massive understeer.
Everytime I go into a corner I need to slow down a lot, or need to brake much earlier.

I just doesn't feel natural to me. Is it the base setup that is understeery? Or do I need to change some of the settings? I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.

I bought this mod this week and have the same issue with v1.95 and massive FPS hit. URD said a patch is coming for the FPS issue. Other posters have said that the default setups for the v1.95 cars are very poor and need a lot of adjustment. I am now using the v1.8 cars and the setups are fantastic! The Aston Martin is really fun to drive!
:)

The easiest way to reduce the massive understeer is to increase the rear stiffness with the anti-roll-bars. That´s what they are for. They change the roll-rate-distribution between front and rear. Give it a try ;) ....also would recommend to increase the front aero to 3.

I bought this mod this week and have the same issue with v1.95 and massive FPS hit. URD said a patch is coming for the FPS issue. Other posters have said that the default setups for the v1.95 cars are very poor and need a lot of adjustment. I am now using the v1.8 cars and the setups are fantastic! The Aston Martin is really fun to drive!
:)

Yes I have the FPS troubles aswell, especially when leaving the pits or when passing the start/finish line. Where can I find the v1.8 cars??

Just did a stint at Silverstone with 1.97 AM.
For comparison, the driver I'm using currently gets about 55fps at Atlanta with a dozen cobras.
22 Cars (full EGT) and 65fps on the grid, so I was pleasantly surprised at that.

The AM is a car I don't really like.. well I like others more I guess! The feel through the wheel was very detailed and although you can tell it will be better with CPM it's absence is not entirely detracting from the experience. The feel of the dampers when I tweaked them out of balance was a bit of a surprise and will help tremendously dialing the car in.

Sounds, feel, fps, detail all fantastic with this car.

I'd give the real life car no more than a 7/10. The modded car an 8 for the replication of it. 9 when CPM is in I would guess.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.4%