F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
Findings update: The values change if you drive a car in career mode. If you open an OEM (brand new installed) version of CTF file, and compare it with a version that you have driven, there are certain changed values.

Very nice sethisuwan! Good findings. Are you saying that maybe some of the setups you do in game are saved in the files?

btw, you should raise the rear a bit, it seems its painting designs on the ground right now :p

Just a tip:
In the schema xml file put in a description param for the entries that you've found any info so far. Then in the editor when you select that entry the description will show up at the bottom. See car_drivetrain_class for example

@markos807
Here's what I have for Showdown:

http://www.mediafire.com/?od8rq66fo10z794

I went really fast through it so it may not be perfect, that's why I'm not putting it up as an official release, more like a beta. Try it and let me know what happens. You'll need to copy it over the original program downloaded from my site.
Works good,I succesfully opened the file! If I find any problem,I will post it here.Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back