Database EGO Database Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have the editor and had a look at the database. I was wondering how would I go about removing drivers? For example if I want less cars in a race / career (performance boost as dual core system 20+ cars = fps drop) can this be done without crashing the game?

I play classic races and its only 10 cars, and FPS is fine, so I can only guess im hitting the CPU limit for dual core for 20+ cars dragging it down in certain places, so it it "possible" to edit out say 10 cars/drivers from a career/any main game play mode race? I didnt see anywhere in the game itself to set the amount of drivers & cars I would like so thought this might be the best way.

Sorry my point to post here is "if" its possible which data entries do I edit? Just remove rows for drivers and thats it? Or would I need to remove all refs to driver ID's elsewhere in the database? As its fixed in the game im concerned that it will just crash out if not done right. Any help would be great.

Ok as an update I edited "F1 Teams" entries and set season / season_file_prefix / actual_vehicle_year to "1988" and then classic_year to "lng_classic_year_1988" and placed this on selected teams, low and behold those teams dont appear and more FPS! .. havent tested career yet though.

(I posted before you posted above :) ) it wasnt trying because of crash, I just had no idea what to try :) I found it now so cool.

ONLY for those that gave fps drop in large tracks using all cars which can drag fps down if you have dual core or lower spec CPU.

UPDATE (for the sake of it logged) here what I did to have less teams/AI cars (CPU and FPS enhance) and also not messing up classic game modes.

f1team_seasons

First at the last row select to "Add a row" and then add the following:

ID: 3
licence_package: 0
season: 1900 (this can be any number set)
string_id: lng_year_1900s (this can be any number set)

f1teams

Under what team row you would like to remove change the following cells

seasons: 1900
season_file_prefix: 1900
classic_year: lng_year_1900s
actual_vehicle_year: 1900

NOTE: teams not to remove are what you have to choose at game start so redbull / maclaren / ferrari do not remove (not that you would want too).

This means teams you enter these values too will shift from 2013 and are then not shown, when you go to classic grand prix use rb/lb to switch to classic cars at car select, you will see teams from 2013 you have removed looking messed up but as long as you rb/lb switch to just classic cars list all is well.

** WARNING *** NOTE: not for online and will need a fresh profile so dont corrupt or use existing if you try it.

Last edited:
Please help me, I am last version, I think is 2.2.1 and couldnt open database.bom from F1 2013, I receive this error message, "The program failed to convert".

Questions about editing tire wear. I either want to increase pit stops for the AI and not effect tire wear, or increase how long my tires last.

Basically my issue is this...My tires have almost no grip when it come time to pit, so I either start losing a lot of time in the last couple laps before I pit, or I need to add an extra pitstop. Both issues cause me to no be as competitive as I should be.

What should I edit?

wat do i do next

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 568
EGO Database Editor

version 11.0.2013.1006
This tool will allow you to edit the database.bin file from various EGO Engine games. In the file you can edit tons of things like events, ai skill levels, teams and so much more.

Features:
  • GUI -- A nice GUI that transforms the bin file into easy to understand and organized datatables or xml file.
  • Add/Edit Row Form -- New form that makes adding or editing much easier than before.
  • Compare/Merge Databases -- Get the differences between two databases and merge those differences.
  • Alternating Rows -- Puts color on every other row to make viewing easier.
  • Filtering -- Allows you to quickly search each column and has the option to turn on and off certain columns.
  • Column Sorting -- Lets you sort each column in ascending, descending or default order.
  • Open With -- Associate the database.bin with this program, and simply double click to open from then on.
Changelog
    • Added F1 2013 support
    • Dirt Xml Import Support
    • Fixed Compare/Merge Function
    • Fixed some Pasting errors
    • Minor UI Improvements
    • Cleaner Xml Export (Internal Schema)
    • Uses EEL
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Rydiculous - For testing and giving suggestions.
  • Shadow - For testing and giving suggestions.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
ede-11-0-png.42932
Does this editor, respectively the other ones, work on windows 8 ?

Hi, i have chaged my database to have 3 lap races in career, does anyone knows how to remove the tyre change rule in dry races? I choosed only cutting corners rule in-game ant didn't solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%